• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TX GOP Lawmaker Brags About Not Doing Anything Useful to Stop Gun Violence

We Never Know

No Slack
And thus we reach the zenith of your ignorance. Since people with mental illnesses are more likely to be victims of violence than perpetrators of it, your opinion is not only worthless but potentially harmful.

I'm guessing you have at one time suffered from a mental illness, maybe you still do. That's why you can't accept the facts I've posted.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I'm guessing you have at one time suffered from a mental illness, maybe you still do. That's why you can't accept the facts I've posted.
You've presented nothing.

Once again, do you honestly think finding 10 cases that have the word "depression" show up in their wiki page indicates that people with depression are likely to commit homicide?

Simple question: do you think depression is a cause of violence?

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Regute or quit whining.
I already have. I presented you a collation of studies which shows serious mental illnesses occur in less than 1% of homicides and mental illness is a more likely indicator that they're going to be a victim of violence than a perpetrator of it.

Why can't you accept that?

Do you suffer from a mental illness? Be honest.
I don't have to answer that question, and the fact that you think an answer to that question from me is relevant just shows that you have a seriously skewered perspective.

We Never Know

No Slack
You've presented nothing.

Once again, do you honestly think finding 10 cases that have the word "depression" show up in their wiki page indicates that people with depression are likely to commit homicide?

Simple question: do you think depression is a cause of violence?

Simple question. I've presented 11 random cases of mass shootings in 15 years where every shooter "suffered from depression".
How can you ignore that?

We Never Know

No Slack
I already have. I presented you a collation of studies which shows serious mental illnesses occur in less than 1% of homicides and mental illness is a more likely indicator that they're going to be a victim of violence than a perpetrator of it.

I don't have to answer that question, and the fact that you think an answer to that question from me is relevant just shows that you have a seriously skewered perspective.

"I don't have to answer that question, and the fact that you think an answer to that question from me is relevant just shows that you have a seriously skewered perspective"

I take that as a yes, no different than pleading the 5th.

We Never Know

No Slack

Then I ask again, with those studies, who does it show that commits mass shootings. It's not normal people going out doing mass shootings.

And if you want what I call normal, a person raised around guns, graduated high school while having guns, went to college while owning guns, graduated with degrees while owning guns, worked for many years while owning guns, retired and still owning guns, never been diagnosed or treated for a mental illness, still owns guns and has never shot or threatened anyone with his guns. That's normal with guns.

Now refute it or go preach to a different group.

Last edited:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Simple question. I've presented 11 random cases of mass shootings in 15 years where every shooter "suffered from depression".
How can you ignore that?
So not only do you not know that autism, aspergers and "abuse" aren't mental illnesses, you apparently don't know what a question is.

I've not ignored it. I've acknowledged and refuted it several times already. Why can't you accept that?

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Then I ask again, with those studies, who does it show that commits mass shootings.
I've already answered this! Why are you not reading my posts?

The strongest indicator of homicide is previous violent behaviour and extremist ideology.

It's not normal people going out doing mass shootings.
Yet again the fabled "normal people" rears it's head.

And if you want what I call normal, a person raised around guns, graduated high school while having guns, went to college while owning guns, graduated with degrees while owning guns, worked for many years while owning guns, retired and still owning guns, never been diagnosed or treated for a mental illness, still owns guns and has never shot or threatened anyone with his guns. That's normal with guns.
So "normal people" are "people who haven't committed homicide"...

Please think about that for a few minutes longer and you might realize how silly saying "normal people don't commit mass killings" is.

"People who aren't murderers never commit murderer. Therefore that proves murder causes murder!

Now refute it or go preach to a different group.
Refute what? Your weird, insular definition of "normal person"? Your complete lack of any evidence? The fact that you can't even acknowledge a scientific study that refutes your argument?

Last edited:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Actually, this really deserves to be repeated for the benefit of other people reading this thread:

WNK's claim:
"It's not normal people going out doing mass shootings."

WNK's definition of normal people (emphasis mine):
"And if you want what I call normal, a person raised around guns, graduated high school while having guns, went to college while owning guns, graduated with degrees while owning guns, worked for many years while owning guns, retired and still owning guns, never been diagnosed or treated for a mental illness, still owns guns and has never shot or threatened anyone with his guns. That's normal with guns."

We Never Know

No Slack
Actually, this really deserves to be repeated for the benefit of other people reading this thread:

WNK's claim:
"It's not normal people going out doing mass shootings."

WNK's definition of normal people (emphasis mine):
"And if you want what I call normal, a person raised around guns, graduated high school while having guns, went to college while owning guns, graduated with degrees while owning guns, worked for many years while owning guns, retired and still owning guns, never been diagnosed or treated for a mental illness, still owns guns and has never shot or threatened anyone with his guns. That's normal with guns."

The more you talk, the more you sound like an alcoholic getting pulled over and saying I'm not drunk.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
That's right. Normal people don't commit mass shootings.
Since you DEFINE "normal people" as people who don't commit mass shootings, this is just a meaningless tautology.

People with mental illness do that.
False, as I have already demonstrated and you have failed to address.

Sadly I'm thinking you fall in that category by the way you so defend it.
Reported for comments about my mental health.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
The more you talk, the more you sound like an alcoholic getting pulled over and saying I'm not drunk.
So you don't see any problem at all with saying "normal people don't commit mass murder" and then defining "normal people" as "people who don't commit mass murder"?

Seriously? Think about it for a few seconds.

We Never Know

No Slack
Since you DEFINE "normal people" as people who don't commit mass shootings, this is just a meaningless tautology.

False, as I have already demonstrated and you have failed to address.

Reported for comments about my mental health.

False? Lmao.

I've listed 11 random mass shootings in the last 15 years. Everyone shooter suffered mental illness!

Refute it [/QUOTE]

We Never Know

No Slack
So you don't see any problem at all with saying "normal people don't commit mass murder" and then defining "normal people" as "people who don't commit mass murder"?

Seriously? Think about it for a few seconds.

I went i to it more than that but.....

Read my texts. "Normal people don't commit mass shootings".

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
False? Lmao.

I've listed 11 random mass shootings in the last 15 years. Everyone shooter suffered mental illness!

Refute it
I have. The list you provided mostly just named "depression", which is not an indicator of homicide. The list also included things that weren't mental illness as mental illnesses. I also named studies that showed that less than 4% of violent crime is committed by the mentally ill.

It's been done. Drop it.

We Never Know

No Slack
I have. The list you provided mostly just named "depression", which is not an indicator of homicide. The list also included things that weren't mental illness as mental illnesses. I also named studies that showed that less than 4% of violent crime is committed by the mentally ill.

It's been done. Drop it.

All already posted this evening depression is a "major mental illness" and gave the link. Stay blind. That makes you part of the problem.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
All already posted this evening depression is a "major mental illness" and gave the link. Stay blind. That makes you part of the problem.
Wow. Are you seriously this stubborn?

Depression is broad condition suffered by millions of people. It has NO links with homicide. The fact that some killers happened to have depression at some point is no more significant than if they had allergies, and for you to draw such a ridiculous conclusion as "mental illness causes homicide" from this is absurd.