• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two teenage Indian girls gang-raped yesterday, hanged from tree in UP Village

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Horrible. :(

Is there first an admittance that rape culture exists? At least for India?

In populated areas (cities, middle cities... Anything outside small villages) there are a raising awareness about this. And there are more and more people that know that it's wrong and throw themselves into fights to help womens or defend them without any hesitation. I experienced sexual agressive behavior when I was working there (thank goodness, was lucky to be in a crowded street that day) when a man sexually assaulted me. I yelled and copiously insulted the guy (he ran away). He was caught off by other guys that were witnessing the scene, and I swear he was beaten by the guys in the middle of the street, that made him swear he won't touch a woman like this again. Despite the apparent violence, honestly, I wasn't sorry for the guy that assaulted me.

Another time a woman was touched in the bus. She immediately got up, and there was witnesses. They immediately defended the woman, prevented the pervert from getting off the bus. The bus driver didn't hesitated to change the bus route (with all the passengers xD) to go to the nearest police station. The woman, the witnesses, bus driver and the guy got off the bus to the police station, and even some mens insisted to accompany the woman to her home.

Have you heard of the pink sarees also ? Gang of womens that wish to break the shame and the silence surrounding womens abuse. They do justice themselves and show that womens can talk and be strong about that.

Of course that doesn't really change anything on the bigger scale, especially in villages where it is not the same mentality at all. But things are slowly changing, and I hope that it will continue to change.

Last edited:

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Are you sure?

I think you will find that Indian culture is quite different from Pakistani culture. That is what caused all the problems at the end of British India and has caused the divergence of progress since independence.

India is a booming economy although I know there is also poverty and ignorance.
Pakistan is disorganised and unjust.

If you visit these two countries you will see that India spends money on infrastructure and it is said the state is rich but the people are poor.
In Pakistan the state is poor but there people are financially better off.(than in general in India)

Very true. Pakistan is a disgrace; sorry, but it is. They wanted to separate sooooo badly from those "evil Hindus" and look what they've accomplished. Nothing.

Whatever? :facepalm:

Yeah, I saw that "whatever" too and said, "what the ****"?" There is no "whatever" with this type of atrocity.

India and Pakistan have the same culture ?!

BEST

JOKE

EVAH

:jam:

Haha there are a few things the Pakis have hung on to from the Hindu traditions... go to a mehendi and you'll see what I mean. ;) Otherwise, yes, the culture between the two is vastly different when it comes to just about everything else.

For what ever reason, I do not think these girls hung themselves.
Pretty damn screwed up that the actual ones supposed to be protecting the people are sicko's too.

I wonder how they knew who did this to the girls, from what I heard, they all face the DP, and good, hang umm high, but by their arms with a slight shorter rope then the ones around their necks, and let the family beat them with sticks until their arms break off and then gravity will take over and they can die like the girls did, slow and quite painful.

That's beyond horrific. :(

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
In populated areas (cities, middle cities... Anything outside small villages) there are a raising awareness about this. And there are more and more people that know that it's wrong and throw themselves into fights to help womens or defend them without any hesitation. I experienced sexual agressive behavior when I was working there (thank goodness, was lucky to be in a crowded street that day) when a man sexually assaulted me. I yelled and copiously insulted the guy (he ran away). He was caught off by other guys that were witnessing the scene, and I swear he was beaten by the guys in the middle of the street, that made him swear he won't touch a woman like this again. Despite the apparent violence, honestly, I wasn't sorry for the guy that assaulted me.

Another time a woman was touched in the bus. She immediately got up, and there was witnesses. They immediately defended the woman, prevented the pervert from getting off the bus. The bus driver didn't hesitated to change the bus route (with all the passengers xD) to go to the nearest police station. The woman, the witnesses, bus driver and the guy got off the bus to the police station, and even some mens insisted to accompany the woman to her home.

Have you heard of the pink sarees also ? Gang of womens that wish to break the shame and the silence surrounding womens abuse. They do justice themselves and show that womens can talk and be strong about that.

Of course that doesn't really change anything on the bigger scale, especially in villages where it is not the same mentality at all. But things are slowly changing, and I hope that it will continue to change.
It's nice to hear some good news about the other side of an issue.
News coverage distorts what we see, since outrageous things garner
more attention.