• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two animals that build, which has greater value?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It's is, totally. If my child was dying from some disease and the cure entailed eradicating an entire species of some wild, uncaring beast, than my only question would be, 'Which one do I shoot first?". And I wouldn't loose a minute of sleep worrying about how many muddle headed bleeding hearts I offended.
Somebody certainly needs to show a pair...
Does it matter?
"Muddle headed bleeding hearts?" "Grow a pair?"
So you find compassion, social conscience or ecological concern unmanly?

This lack of compassion and monomaniacal concern for your own immediate interests, to the exclusion of the interests of others, is sociopathic.
Such narrow tribalism may have been useful in small, indepedent, family groups, but in today's large, interdependent societies it's a dangerous atavism.

Moral development corresponds to the strength and extent of compassion. The more narrow the focus, the more retarded the moral development.

Last edited:

Bear Wild

I think you gave way to much anthropomorphic credit to the beavers. If you don't think a beaver would try to kill any other species that invaded it's territory, then you've been watching too many Disney movies. If it comes to a choice between human and animal I would still choose human every time.
Disney movies? Where do you come up with your random statements. The credit to the beavers is anything but anthropomorphic but then you would have to understand the research and evidence that has been collected which clearly you don't. Rather than learning something you would rather make fun of it or shoot it. It is your type of ignorance that has placed humans in the pathway to destroying the world that humans live in. Being so self centered and not recognizing how interconnected we are to other life and recognizing how important other life is for human survival is a self destructive ignorance.