• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TV Is Better These Days, But Some Old Stuff Is Great

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
One of my favorite bits is the "cone of silence" from Get Smart.
It's too bad the laugh track was used back then.
The cone of silence wasn't stupid enuf.
And so....

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
One of my favorite bits is the "cone of silence" from Get Smart.
It's too bad the laugh track was used back then.
The cone of silence wasn't stupid enuf.
And so....

I still find myself watching Gunsmoke and the Big Valley.

Also I tend to like British TV more these days. More real acting and less special effects to carry the shows.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
I don't know if television was ever really that good and we might like certain things now because it hit us at that specific time, it may be just another case of "The music kids listen today is crap" *it actually is* but apply it to television shows.
I can watch pretty much any original Twilight Zone episode

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Also I tend to like British TV more these days. More real acting and less special effects to carry the shows.
Are you a fan of The Avengers....the seasons with Diana Rigg as Emma Peel?
(Skip the other episodes, & especially the dreadful movie.)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't know if television was ever really that good and we might like certain things now because it hit us at that specific time, it may be just another case of "The music kids listen today is crap" *it actually is* but apply it to television shows.
I can watch pretty much any original Twilight Zone episode
Of course, most of TV is crapola in any age.
But some things stand out, eg, The Twilight Zone.

PureX

Veteran Member
I just can't stomach the commercials. So I haven't watched broadcast TV hardly ever, for years. PBS occasionally, a football game occasionally, and shows available on Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu, with NO COMMERCIALS. Once I get used to not having them interrupt the show just scream their idiocy at me, I just can't put up with it, anymore.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I like the old westerns. I remember my grandmother watching Gunsmoke of whom was a big fan of James Arness.

I usually like to live my childhood memories by watching episodes of Daniel Boone with Fess Parker. Never did get that coonskin hat I always wanted as a child. :0]

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I just can't stomach the commercials. So I haven't watched broadcast TV hardly ever, for years. PBS occasionally, a football game occasionally, and shows available on Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu, with NO COMMERCIALS. Once I get used to not having them interrupt the show just scream their idiocy at me, I just can't put up with it, anymore.
That's what I hate about programming today it's not just the commercials it's a fact that they have the incessant need to put an icon in the corner or even corners that continually blocks out part of the screen. Even worse the irritating animations of those icons while you're trying to watch the TV program.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I like the old westerns. I remember my grandmother watching Gunsmoke of whom was a big fan of James Arness.

I usually like to live my childhood memories by watching episodes of Daniel Boone with Fess Parker. Never did get that coonskin hat I always wanted as a child. :0]
My favorite old western was Nichols.
He rode a Pope motorcycle instead of a horse.