• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tunisia and Egypt ! Way to go

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
What Ghoniem is confused about is whether we should escelate this or shall we keep it as it's??

We are heavily disappointed, but we should think of how to unleash the mistery in a non violent way.

The army should interfer to end this silly joke, especially that people are smelling conspiracy between the army and Mubarak.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I wonder who would use F-16 fighters for evacuations!
I hope things won't escalate, Phill.

Good point. I believe it's the six or so helicopters on the Nimitz carriers that are used for evacuations, though. Yet, I still don't like the idea of a Nimitz carrier being near Egypt right now. It sends the wrong message. Especially since, if they were only concerned with evacuations, they might be sending a helicopter carrier -- which I think has about 50 helicopters onboard. Don't quote me on the precise number of helicopters, though, it's been a long time since I studied carriers.

EDIT: I've been out half the day and didn't until just now see the news that Murbarak is saying he'll stay. I can't figure out whether he's totally delusional or just stupid.

Last edited:

maro

muslimah
Sad news!!:( I have no problem believing this...

but i have a problem believing this ,Sahar...and i don't buy it
they announced many times that they are with the people's legal demands...and this is what my gut tells me
i still believe that at a certain critical point ,the army will take an action...probably to throw Suliman off the scene...and secure the transitional period

As for dividing us ,
i think those who were convinced are the same people who were shaken by his previous speech...those who don't actually understand the logic of a revolution....and they will come back soon after we persist

folks ,inspite of everything ,i am optimistic....heads up :)

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
I'm generally optimistic. But there is something going on that we should be considering.
The army's bias is confusing.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I'm generally optimistic. But there is something going on that we should be considering.
The army's bias is confusing.

EiNsTeinN, is there some chance that Murbarak thinks he can stay because he knows he has the support of the army?

maro

muslimah
Why does Mubarak think he can stay? Any ideas?

He is extremely arrogant..he was being applauded by the hypocrites around him for 30 years...and he just can't understand or accept this end . Neither he nor many of his gang can accept the fact that the ship is sinking and that there is no place for half solutions and compromises

In short ,he is still in the denial phase

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
He is extremely arrogant..he was being applauded by the hypocrites around him for 30 years...and he just can't understand or accept this end . Neither he nor many of his gang can accept the fact that the ship is sinking and that there is no place for half solutions and compromises

In short ,he is still in the denial phase

That makes a lot of sense, Maro. Thanks!

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
Mubarak would fight till the end because him leaving now would open too much corruption cases behind him. Mubarak would be subjected to death penalty most probably!

Mubarak thinks that him staying to September would guaruntee his safty because people would just remember that he corrected the situation.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Mubarak would fight till the end because him leaving now would open too much corruption cases behind him. Mubarak would be subjected to death penalty most probably!

Mubarak thinks that him staying to September would guaruntee his safty because people would just remember that he corrected the situation.

That also makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

Sometimes in the past, in other countries, the dictator has fallen right after saying he will stay on.

Sahar

There are rumors that Mubarak's original speech was to step down...God only knows...
I wish I was optimistic like you, Mayada! My head is going to explode!!!!!! I sense that you say we should go on until the entire regime fall? Do you think people in Cairo should stick to Tahrir Square or also go to the Presidential Palace, the Television building, etc?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
There are rumors that Mubarak's original speech was to step down...God only knows...

For what it might be worth, Sahar, the news here is that everyone -- even many people close to Mubarak -- thought he would step down. This morning, the head of the CIA even said on television that his information was Mubarak would step down. One news agency here is saying that they heard he was going to step down from dozens of sources close to him. So perhaps the rumors are true that Mubarak had originally agreed to step down.

For whatever it might be worth, there are also reports here that the White House is fiercely divided between those advisers -- mostly older people -- to President Obama who want a slow transition of power and those advisers -- mostly younger people -- who want a rapid transition to a new government. If I read things right, the real significance of those reports is that no one in the White House now wants Mubarak to stay -- the only debate is over when -- not if, but when -- he should go. Of course, the White House cannot come out in public and say he should go because that would give Mubarak an excuse to stay and some people would rally to support him just because the White House said he should go.

My opinion is not worth much, Sahar, but I am optimistic. I think, for many reasons, that it is now inevitable Mubarak will leave soon. The only question is how soon?

You Egyptians are magnificent!

Sajdah

Al-Aqsa Is In My Heart.
Mabrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooook ya masreeeeeeeeeen,

mabrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooook for arabs

Mabrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooook for Muslims,
Mabrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooook for the whole free world.

Alhamdulillah, alhamdulillah, alhamdulillah, alhamdulillah......

fullyveiled muslimah

Evil incarnate!
Alhamdulillah, I see that Mubarak has finally stepped down after playing a silly game trying to save face. Insha Allah, the people of Egypt will select an individual who is just. It is said that the best amir is one who does not want that responsibility. Try as best you can to make sure he is well known as a man of integrity and honesty, and is respected by the people at large. I'll continue to make dua for you that another dictator does not take Mubarak's place.