• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tunisia and Egypt ! Way to go

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Thank you Badran. And as Sahar said Sheikh Al Qaradawi can't be there. So it seems that his son was there as maro said.

You're welcome. Yes his son was the one that was there. May be because of that conveyance of the Friday prayer there was some confusion.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Today it was also announced on the news that Jamal Mubarak, Safwat el Sherif and other figures which were hated by Egyptians are no longer in the their positions in Al Hezb el Watany (National Party). Also the new secretory is Hossam Badrawy, which is a popular and honest person. This is very good news.

I'm optimistic about a solution very soon, as things are getting pretty clear. There are serious solutions being discussed now which cover's either Mubarak's immediate removal or his departure in a few months. In either cases, i think there are almost clear ways to what should be done.

Bismillah

Submit
I have said my piece and I don't think there is much more to say. Please understand as a Pakistani I am all to familiar with corruption and how so quickly noble ideas can be forgotten and the government turned rotten.

That aside I want to mention the station Al-Jazeera. Wallahi the people who run this channel are the most truthful people in the region. It is not recording according to Qatari pressure, indeed they were pressured not to record the historic revolution in Egypt. That is why there is and was much criticism of their lack of coverage of the region the first day and hence they corrected their mistake and now their coverage is both up to date and accurate. I am very sad that I cannot understand Standard Arabic to understand their Arabic coverage, but their English site is very good too.

These people are instrumental in helping our brothers and sisters living in oppressive regimes to know the truth of their existence. They have exposed Fatah and Abbas, Ben Ali, Mubarak, Karzai, Zardari.

I do not believe that they have any bias except a Pan-Islamic view that seeks to discredit oppressors and to educate Muslims around the world.

Also I am wondering how Mubarak plans to actually live in Egypt. Won't he be put on trial?

Sahar

I am afraid these negotiations (concessions) are going to abort the real change. Half solutions are not going to bring real change. :(

Sahar

Some martyrs of the revolution:
180394_196573470369512_190010347692491_715298_7770816_n.jpg

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Some martyrs of the revolution:
180394_196573470369512_190010347692491_715298_7770816_n.jpg

The beautiful brave youth masha'Allah! They are martyrs! May our dear Allah make Paradise their final abode!
Inna li Lah wa inna ilayhi raji3un. To Allah we belong and to Him we shall return!

Sahar

Some think Al Jazeera at least Arabic have a policy to focus on the corruption and the tyrant governments and to shed light on the opposition to all that and on the resistance against occupation, etc, for example Hamas, Hezbullah, the resistance in Iraq were not portrayed in negative light. So, Al Jazeera has cared about the recent uprising in Egypt and the public demands...I remember when the thugs attacked the protesters in Tahrir on Wednesday, they used to ask them what they need from medical help, asked them to name the equipments they need, they also used to show phone numbers for emergency and for help, etc.
And for all this, I like and trust Al-Jazeera much. Of course, it faced very defaming propaganda by the Egyptian media...but I think Egyptians who are aware enough, can realize the misguidance of the Egyptian media that lie without any shame.

Sahar

Maro shared this article on FB; written by an Egyptian young man. I want to post it:

There is a recurring pattern regarding the protests. On the day of the protests Jan 25, State Television remarked that the protests started well but turned violent in the middle of the day. This was done to justify police violence. On Jan 28, reports of the protest of Jan 25 changed completely, and the whole day was turned miraculously into a flawless, peaceful march, but that the real perpetrators infiltrated the protests on Jan 28. Some of the protesters were accused of setting police stations on fire.

In the following weeks, the same thing happened, again and again. Previous protests were commendable but the most recent were or maneuvered by a foreign agenda. Do you see a pattern?

Today, Safwat El Sherif and Gamal Mubarak have been removed and Hussam Badrawy, a man of more moderate opinions was put in charge of the NDP. Those who have asked for an end to the revolution have celebrated its triumphs. Every day they ask for protests to end, and are surprised by the results of its continuation.

On Friday Feb 4 there was propaganda that almost 70 percent of the protesters were from the Muslim Brotherhood. Irrespective of sources that tell me otherwise, how does one reconcile the mixed messages? There were around one million people in Tahrir, this means 700 thousand of them were Muslim Brotherhood. If they had that many people in Tahrir, they would have been obvious for starters. If the Muslim Brotherhood had these numbers, why weren’t they there on Friday? They wouldn’t have waited all these years to start demonstrations. It’s highly improbable. Also if Muslim Brotherhood were leading this movement, why would they stick so much to the peaceful demonstration philosophy?

If 70 percent were the brotherhood, that leaves 30 percent. Since almost everyone has been accused of having a hidden agenda, we can estimate a total of 25 percent of Syrians, Iranians, Israelis, Tunisians and Americans, which leaves 5 percent that can only be Egyptians unhappy with our dictatorship. Does that even make sense?

The game is to convince people that protesters are to blame. But are they now? Let’s consider the facts. The reason work did not resume after protests is because the internet was out and because the Ministry of Interior let prisoners out. So why are protesters being blamed? It’s because the government said so, and nothing else. Why is there a curfew? Because the government has organized militia to terrorize Egyptian people. If you come to think of it, protesters are to blame because they stood against tyranny and terror, and for that the whole of Egypt is punished using tyranny and terror. When you ask protesters to go home, you are asking for the punishment by the government to stop. You are succumbing to the tyranny we all resent. People are risking their lives for our collective rights, and they’re being backstabbed by those who fear oppression and thus will end up being oppressed.

The argument that the economy is collapsing is meaningless. It is also a form of collective punishment. The regime is hurting our economy to scare us. Why do you support the regime in the terrorist activity of destroying our economy? Don’t you know that if corruption is removed, we’ll rebuild our country in very little time? Don’t you know that one corrupt official like Ahmed Ezz can balance out any deficit even if they punish us like this for another month?

Before talking of the economy, remember again how it is being robbed. Our losses due to theft and corruption are more than those due to the suspension of trade. We will make it up when we become a true democracy. There will be investments to rebuild and this time, they will flow to the economy rather than some Swiss bank or mansions in Paris, New York or Frankfurt. Mubarak has 40 -70 billion dollars of our country’s wealth. To put that into perspective, our total deficit is 32 billion dollars. Don’t worry about our economy, if some people can amass that much wealth, then the country will be fine when they leave.

To those saying ‘give the government a chance’, I agree, but what’s stopping them? If they are true to their promises, the country will change irrespective of the protesters. The protesters are there to ensure that the decisions taken align with the promises. If the protesters had left when you first asked them to, Safwat El Sherif would have still been in power, Ezz and Adly on the loose, and a million other promises not unfulfilled. You really don’t know what you’re talking about asking people to leave and reaping their victories. You’re entitled to have an opinion, but please don’t discourage those in Tahrir fighting for your rights. It’s enough as it is that you’re not doing any of the fighting.

If the regime is not changed, you will have a powerful, more oppressive police state. This is a regime that shuts down phones and the internet. This is a regime that sends in camels and horses to disperse crowds. This is a regime that runs people over with police trucks. This is a regime that promises freedoms and safe passage to all protesters in Tahrir and arrests them as its Prime Minister makes these statements. Do you think it is in any way serious about reforms?

These people have died and been injured and you’re upset because you weren’t able to go to the movies or make an extra hundred pounds? Freedom comes at a cost and you’re not paying any of it. If you want to be enslaved by a tyrant, it’s your choice, but don’t force others around you to become as cowardly as you are.

Last edited:

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I disagree with a lot of whats in this article and the opinion it represents. Before i was done reading it i was still respecting whoever wrote it, until he decided to call the people he is addressing cowards. Whether those are people who support Mubarak now, or people who blame the protesters or whatever. Mainly because it conveys the expected, which is his emotional status which is affecting what he is saying. For me the fact that he called whomever he is referring to as cowards, and his assumption that they're not doing anything to fight, conveys also that he doesn't really know what he is talking about.

Things are much more complicated than he is attempting to show it to be. People who want the protests to end, or believe its unnecessary now, or believe its good but that we simply can do without it, do not all blame the protesters. Neither have all of them bought the government's pathetic attempts, starting from saying that the protesters on 25th January were a few hundreds in Al Ahram newspaper, all the way to all the pathetic propaganda that was spewed. Him calling people cowards is also surprising, since many of those he might be referring to have actually participated in the protests, and in times when there was a very high risk involved. Also some of the people he might be referring to, are actually taking help to those protesters, despite their position on this being different, so they're still doing an important role, and they're not just sitting home wanting to "go to the movies". Whats even more surprising to me, is that some of the people who hold this opinion, and who do think in the exact same terms as this person, haven't participated in the protests at all. The only excuse i can find for him to do this generalizing is if he is addressing a very specific group of people, who meet certain conditions. Thats unlikely however, because he didn't clarify, and because it seemed he is talking about anybody who is not protesting in general and/or anybody who don't think they should or need to protest now.

Other things i disagree with about the article is the fact that somehow he decided to mention people who are unhappy because they can't make extra money or go to the movies, but forget the people who can't make any money, and are facing a disastrous situation in their lives. Once again not saying this is to blame on the protesters, but merely that its strange he didn't mention those. Also, the economy status is not a reason to stop protesting on its own, especially if for example the government was not responding to us or is refusing our demands, however it is a point to take notice of and watch very carefully.

Once again i feel i need to clarify something. I'll take myself as an example, i don't trust the government at all. I see every single move they do and realize exactly what they're trying to do. I realize they have indeed tried many things since the start of this. However, something else i also realize, is our achievement. We have put the government in a corner, and they have run out of options. They are under pressure from everybody, including other countries. Mubarak will leave, either now or after his term, there is no question about that in my mind. He barely managed to find himself a possible way out with a little dignity by that last speech of his, and i'm not worried about him trying to reelect himself or anything of the like. There is even a possibility of him failing to go out with the dignity he hopes for. If he is literally insane to actually go for elections again, we can do whatever we want about that then. I also realize that there are indeed positive changes going on, undeniable ones, and very very soon all our demands will be covered god willing, not for any reason except of what we did and are doing.

Talking or negotiating now is a must. Whether we stop the protests or not, not talking is as terrible decision as one can ever make. There is a few possible scenarios now, one of them will be put to action. Which one is an extremely important choice.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I want to comment on Al Jazeera as well, since many posters here find it reliable. News sources are supposed to be neutral, having any kind of interest or bias, or influence on you makes you not a neutral source. Now, if you like their interest, or agree with it, assuming you're positive about their intentions, thats okay. Still however that doesn't make it a neutral news source.

Also Particularly when it comes to Egypt, they have a strong bias, for no other reason than Qatar's position in general from Egypt. This is known way before today's events. They are indeed, which is extremely obvious to me, using their supposed neutral news source to incite people. That doesn't mean that one finds Egyptian media any better, particularly when we talk about the government's channels. I wouldn't even compare the government's channels to al Jazeera, because of course in that case al Jazeera is better.

Bismillah

Submit
They are under pressure from everybody, including other countries. Mubarak will leave, either now or after his term, there is no question about that in my mind. He barely managed to find himself a possible way out with a little dignity by that last speech of his, and i'm not worried about him trying to reelect himself or anything of the like. There is even a possibility of him failing to go out with the dignity he hopes for. If he is literally insane to actually go for elections again, we can do whatever we want about that then. I also realize that there are indeed positive changes going on, undeniable ones, and very very soon all our demands will be covered god willing, not for any reason except of what we did and are doing.
What makes you so sure Badran? Mubarak is not trembling or quivering in fear, he is defiant. He proclaims that he will not flee Egypt but will die within its lands and from what I understand Mubarak has stolen tens of billions of dollars from the public treasury. If Egyptians followed Shariah they would cut off his thieving hands. The money he has could alone overcome Egypt's domestic budget deficit.

This man is a disgrace and he is proud of it. He has proven again and again to not make good on his word and it is his thugs who are inciting violence. To back down now would be a calamity because Egyptians are relatively lucky. They have not seen the government crush all attempts of protests, but rather give way.

If protesters were to show any weakness at all it would encourage later much more strict crackdowns on dissent. Mubark cannot be allowed to rule because if you do you legitimize everything he stands for and every crime he has perpetuated.

Make him abdicate and flee from the country like the criminal he is. Anything less makes the sacrifice of three hundred Egyptians worthless.

As for Al-Jazeera, every single newspaper has a bias. I prefer a bias that sheds light on a pan-Islamic point of view which is in most need of the region, not a state run paper that credits the rule of dictators.

Also you realize that Qatar influenced and pressured Al-Jazeera to stop filming the protests right? That is, the paper is rejecting that influence by covering these events.

maro

muslimah
In his novel The Autumn of the Patriarch, Gabriel Garcia Marquez outlines the behaviour of a dictator under threat and his psychology of total denial. In his glory days, the autocrat believes he is a national hero. Faced with rebellion, he blames "foreign hands" and "hidden agendas" for this inexplicable revolt against his benevolent but absolute rule. Those fomenting the insurrection are "used and manipulated by foreign powers who hate our country". Then – and here I use a precis of Marquez by the great Egyptian author Alaa Al-Aswany – "the dictator tries to test the limits of the engine, by doing everything except what he should do. He becomes dangerous. After that, he agrees to do anything they want him to do. Then he goes away".

Robert Fisk: The wrong Mubarak quits. Soon the right one will go - Robert Fisk, Commentators - The Independent

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What makes you so sure Badran? Mubarak is not trembling or quivering in fear, he is defiant. He proclaims that he will not flee Egypt but will die within its lands and from what I understand Mubarak has stolen tens of billions of dollars from the public treasury. If Egyptians followed Shariah they would cut off his thieving hands. The money he has could alone overcome Egypt's domestic budget deficit.

This man is a disgrace and he is proud of it. He has proven again and again to not make good on his word and it is his thugs who are inciting violence. To back down now would be a calamity because Egyptians are relatively lucky. They have not seen the government crush all attempts of protests, but rather give way.

If protesters were to show any weakness at all it would encourage later much more strict crackdowns on dissent. Mubark cannot be allowed to rule because if you do you legitimize everything he stands for and every crime he has perpetuated.

Make him abdicate and flee from the country like the criminal he is. Anything less makes the sacrifice of three hundred Egyptians worthless.

I understand this sentiment Abibi, as it is mine as well and is shared by the Egyptians who went out to protest in the first place. Let me just present you with a problem, you tell me how you view its solution. I will explain right after my question why i'm confident of our position etc..

We have a two part problem:

1) Mubarak managed to gain a little sympathy, and support. Some people are willing to let him go with a little dignity, and others fully support him.

2) His immediate departure, raises problems in regards to our other important demands. Meaning that if he leaves right now, we won't be able to change the constitution, which means we will not be able to fix the messed up elections, which means we will end up with the same problem in the soon upcoming presidential elections. We also won't be able to do other things of our demands.

This second part of the problem, is the one that is currently under heavy debate here in Egypt. There are some possible solutions out there. So what i'm saying only is, that we can't or shouldn't say that we won't talk or that we won't stop protesting unless Mubarak leaves no matter what. Thats what we want, but its not the only thing we want. We want change, serious change in Egypt. Change based on certain points, which all Egyptians know now, that should be our main goal. Now, whether Mubarak leaves immediately or at the end of his term is a side issue. As we can get him after he leaves his position for what he has done (if he does really stay at Egypt like he said). If however his leaving now won't disrupt our main goals that would indeed be the best solution, and thats what is being debated right now.

The reason however i'm not worried, is because of the achievement i keep referring to. I'm not talking about the things that the government has agreed to etc... I'm talking about the change we brought to Egypt right now, the change that can't be undone. Anybody who lives in Egypt can tell the difference between before 25th January and after it, and that change is in people. You can't beat that. Neither he or the government can beat that by their known methods. Also i'm assured because i think he wants a good way out, running again for elections or anything of the like will ruin that possibility which he managed to create for himself barely. Not to mention that he is now bound in the international eye.

As for Al-Jazeera, every single newspaper has a bias. I prefer a bias that sheds light on a pan-Islamic point of view which is in most need of the region, not a state run paper that credits the rule of dictators.

Indeed, however they (and others) shouldn't be called a neutral news source, neither claim to be. Thats dishonesty. And like i said the fact that you like it (based on your view of its bias) doesn't make it any good in regards to their jobs.

Also you realize that Qatar influenced and pressured Al-Jazeera to stop filming the protests right? That is, the paper is rejecting that influence by covering these events.

I didn't know about that, but i know they have used their channel for things it shouldn't be used for. Also, like i asked you earlier, have you read or heard anything about wikileaks concerning al Jazeera's usage by Qatar's government? Because i've heard and read many sources about that.

Also in my opinion Qatar's position towards Egypt in particular is evident in al Jazeera like i said.

Sahar

A message to our families outside Tahrir Sqaure; why do we keep protesting?

Some of my family and of my friends whom I witness to be people of reason and sincerity, are demanding me and the protesters to be content with what has been achieved so far, on the basis that they received the message and understood the strength of people's rejection to its previous practices .. and promised to change the policies .. and a lot of symbols of the previous stage has fallen .. Ahmed Ezz and Adli and Gamal Mubarak .. And all what Mubarak wants is a few months to save face .. What do you want more than that?.. especially that people are tired of chaos in the streets and suspension of the payment of salaries..

My family and my dear friends .. I hope that you open your ears to me:

First: Mubarak said in his famous speech that "he realized the legitimate demands of the people and will work to achieve them," and after a few hours, he sent us thugs riding camels and horses .. and began beating us with knives and whips .. and ended up with the snipers shooting us with live bullets.. Can we trust the promises of who acts this way? ..300-400 martyrs have fallen since the start of the revolution and 3000-4000 were injured .. some of them lost their eyes .. the blood of all those is a trust in our hands .. If we gave it up, we will lose all our simple achievements.. The regime will return more aggressive and tyrannical .. And more martyrs will fall as double as those already fell down .. Most importantly, we will lose the new hope that was born among the Egyptians to build the new Egypt, the free Egypt .. Egypt that establishes the principles of freedom, dignity and social justice .. It won't be then a matter of waiting for a few months .. but this will be abortion of the revolution .. and we will have to wait another 30 years for the birth of a new revolution.

Second: those who say that people are tired of the current situation .. We hope that they think who is being responsible for this case? .. of closed banks and suspension of salaries payment?? Who opened the doors of prisons all over Egypt and called thugs and who are registered dangerous, to us?? Who withdrew the police from the streets who set the hands of thugs free to attack the cities and to exhaust the citizens in staying awake at night to protect their homes?? Who suspended supplying the petrol stations with petrol and which paralyzed all traffic .. for the transfer of food commodities to the markets?? Think with me; are not these additional crimes by the current regime and Mubarak, added to the crimes of the past 30 years?? And is it fair to blame the demonstrators who sacrifice for a new dawn for the sake of everyone?

As for the emotional aspect that affects some people and that it is not right to expel the father if one disagreed with him .. The fact is what makes me wonder at those who view Mubarak as their father; Is there a father who shoot his children with live ammunition, molotov cocktails, knives and swords .. and orders the security vehicles to run over them??

Third: the talk about foreign agendas because of the presence of foreigners with us is strange .. because the solidarity between peoples became an important and frequent concept and lets remember our feelings during the revolution Tunisia .. and remember the multinational Freedom Flotilla that went to break the siege on Gaza .. and remember the stance of Venezuela and Argentina against Israel which was more powerful than that of all the Arab countries .. This is the solidarity between peoples .. Shall we reject it?? The strange thing is the accusations of our cooperation with America and Israel!! Who are the official most important allies to America and Israel in the region!!!?

Dear our people .. retreating now is the cemetery of the revolution and of the newborn hope for freedom and dignity .. We need you all .. You are our family .. Don't let the executioners divide the Egyptians .. Victory is near, God willing .. we only need to be one hand.

Ok, I used Google translate and made many modifications. So forgive any bad translation. http://www.facebook.com

Emphasizing what I posted earlier.

Last edited:

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
Just recording that I back off my previous comments.

I was there from the begining, and I won't leave the Tahrir Square now, until we regain our dignity and get rid of the heavily corrupted regime.

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
[youtube]t4r1QEe9r2U[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4r1QEe9r2U

I can not describe how proud I'm to join this from the very begining.

It's one of the very few moments in life that a person feels such an intensive pride!!

Being an Egyptian is totally different now, and it's the source of all the pride we are having!

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Just recording that I back off my previous comments.

I was there from the begining, and I won't leave the Tahrir Square now, until we regain our dignity and get rid of the heavily corrupted regime.

Could you share in detail the scenario you view best as to how things should work out? As in what are you calling for to happen in details? And are you in favor in engaging in talks or do you share the opinion of not talking or negotiating unless Mubarak leaves?

The reason i ask is because according to my understanding people in Tahrir square have different ideas and different reasons for being there, so i'd appreciate it if you can tell me yours.

For example some people are there as a pressure card on the government, other's are there until certain things happens like the changes in the constitution in order for them to feel assured, others are there until Mubarak leaves and some are there because they don't trust what the government might do to them if they go home.