• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ttc 18

Francine

When the eternal Way is lost, people resort to wisdom.
When wisdom is lost, people resort to tradition.
When tradition is lost, people resort to law.
When law is lost, people resort to equilibrium morality.
When equilibrium morality is lost, people resort to brute force.

lamplighter

Almighty Tallest
Why can't Bush be a good president? (sorry for taking things off topic, but couldn't resist :D) Anyways, doesn't this raise a greater question of why people can't progress? I mean the world is smaller thanks to technology, but our behavior has been stagnant it seems. I mean how old is the Tao? And why does so much of it still apply to the problems we have today, in many cases seemingly unchanged for centuries?

astarath

I am forced to disagree on the behalf of a human I suppose the men in black put it best
" A person is rational and intelligent, people are frightened and stupid!"

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
I am forced to disagree on the behalf of a human I suppose the men in black put it best
" A person is rational and intelligent, people are frightened and stupid!"

I think that's the point I agree up to. Human as an animal are dumb when you put us together, we get frightened at what the others might do, think to much and get stupid. But left alone we can be ok(some time). It's late and I think I don't make any sense.

Francine

When its raining; enjoy the rain.

Even when I am in pain, I think of those unfortunate people who were born without the ability to feel pain, and who rarely live to be twenty years old. I offer thanks to my Creator for giving me a system for defending myself from injury.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Francine,
When the mind is the master we are away from nature.
Each feels like pain or happiness etc. are all as per his/her past karma and makes no difference what others think or not. about them.
The mind has to be mastered to get it to silence.
When the creator and creation is also one why the distinction?
Love & rgds