• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trying to learn to pray, struggling with tahiyyat, salawat

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Quran just talks about the sunnah of Allah(c.c) , not Muhammad (sav)

33:38 There is no blame on the prophet in doing anything that God has decreed upon him. Such was God's sunnah with the people of old. God's command is a determined duty.

48:23 Such is God's sunna with those who have passed away before, and you will not find any change in God's sunnah.

So what about these verses:

Say: "obey Allah and the messenger." But if they turn away, then Allah does not like the disbelievers .
(Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #32)

And obey Allah and the messenger that you may obtain mercy.
(Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #132)

On that day those who disbelieved and disobeyed the messenger will wish that they were buried in the earth, but they will never be able to hide a single fact from Allah.
(An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #42)

O you who believe! obey Allah and obey the messenger, and those of you (Muslims) who are in authority. (And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allah and His messenger, if you believe in Allah and in the Last Day. That is better and more suitable for final determination.
(An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #59)

Note, this last verse doesn't address the sahaba specifically and telling them only them to refer their matters to the messenger so long as he is alive, it says in general terms refer to the messenger which applies long after he is dead.

Lien

Obeying the messenger means obeying the message of the messenger, which is submitting oneself to God alone .

6:112 We have permitted the enemies of every prophet, human and Jinn devils, to inspire in each other fancy words in order to deceive. Had your Lord willed, they would not have done it. You shall disregard them and their fabrications.

6:116 If you obey the majority of those on earth they will lead you away from God's path; that is because they follow conjecture, and that is because they only guess.

Obeying a messenger while he is a leader or obeying elected or appointed officers does not mean taking their words or commands as "God's commandment" or absolute, infallible, unchangeable and universal law.

60:12 O you prophet, if the acknowledging women come to make allegiance to you that they will not set up anything beside God, nor steal, nor commit adultery, nor kill their born children, nor fabricate any falsehood, nor disobey you in any matter which is righteous, then you shall accept their allegiance, and ask God to forgive them. God is Forgiver, Compassionate.

5:48 We have sent down to you the book with truth, authenticating what is present of the book and superseding it. So judge between them by what God has sent down, and do not follow their desires from what has come to you of the truth. For each of you We have made laws, a structure. Had God willed, He would have made you all one nation, but He tests you with what He has given you, so advance the good deeds. To God you will return all of you, and He will inform you regarding that in which you dispute.

5:50 Is it the judgment of the days of ignorance that they seek? Who is better than God as a judge for a people that comprehend?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Obeying the messenger means obeying the message of the messenger, which is submitting oneself to God alone.

So all the other things that the Prophet said and did were not part of his message right? His only message (as you've said it) is to submit oneself to God alone.

If that's how you understand it then I will leave you on that. Can't debate in the DIR.

Lien

So all the other things that the Prophet said and did were not part of his message right? His only message (as you've said it) is to submit oneself to God alone.

If that's how you understand it then I will leave you on that. Can't debate in the DIR.

You're committing shirk by pretending to be Christians. You see the Muhammad prophet as the partner of Allah.

I dont think 4 caliph was not clever enough to think of the words of the prophet to make the book.

Union

There is not a single verse which relates Hadith and/or Sunnah with Prophet . On the other hand it is emphatically said that Prophet followed Qur'an only and nothing else :

[006:050] Say: "I tell you not that with me are the treasures of God, nor do I know what is hidden, nor do I tell you I am an angel. I but follow what is revealed to me." Say: "can the blind be held equal to the seeing?" Will ye then consider not?

[007:203] If thou bring them not a revelation, they say: "Why hast thou not got it together?" Say: "I but follow what is revealed to me from my Lord: this is (nothing but) lights from your Lord, and Guidance, and mercy, for any who have faith."

[010:015] And when Our clear communications are recited to them, those who hope not for Our meeting say: Bring a Quran other than this or change it. Say: It does not beseem me that I should change it of myself; I follow naught but what is revealed to me; surely I fear, if I disobey my Lord, the punishment of a mighty day.

[046:009] Say: I am not the first of the apostles, and I do not know what will be done with me or with you: I do not follow anything but that which is revealed to me, and I am nothing but a plain warner.

[005:048] And We have revealed to you the Book with the truth, verifying what is before it of the Book and a guardian over it, therefore judge between them by what Allah has revealed, and do not follow their low desires (to turn away) from the truth that has come to you; for every one of you did We appoint a law and a way, and if Allah had pleased He would have made you (all) a single people, but that He might try you in what He gave you, therefore strive with one another to hasten to virtuous deeds; to Allah is your return, of all (of you), so He will let you know that in which you differed;

[005:049] And that you should judge between them by what Allah has revealed, and do not follow their low desires, and be cautious of them, lest they seduce you from part of what Allah has revealed to you; but if they turn back, then know that Allah desires to afflict them on account of some of their faults; and most surely many of the people are transgressors.

Hence Thiyyat , Salawat , Taslim etc. are not the components of Salah of Prophet Muhammad as these are not found in Qur'an .

For back-ground reading please hit :

Shocking verses of Quran pertaining 'Hadith'
Salah in Qur'an
Evaluation of the term 'Sunnah' from Qur'an
59.7 Take what messenger gives and abstain from what he forbids
What does ‘ Obey GOD and obey the Messenger’ really mean ?

dynavert2012

Yippee I now know the taheyaat!! Don't know how I remembered it, I just did. :D

congratulations sister, and i have to apologize for you about what you are reading on your threads from debates and unreasonable disucssion raised by quranists , alhamdulilah you know Islam before you joined here, you know already what's Islam, how to pray, how to fast, your charity, so don't pay attention to all of that, alhamdulilah who guides you to Islam before you met some Muslims, alhamdulilah

take care sister