• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Try to prove to me your religion.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Please try to prove to me your religion is true.

There's going to be a big problem if people reply. One, what is your definition of true? What is true for me maybe different than what is true for you, but by what means do you differienate what is true and what is a belief on both of our parts?

Then you have many different faiths not just abrahamic. Some of them are naturalistic, some atheist, etc. So those religions may seem true while someone else has a very good argument that god is the true because logically, from their point of view he is the first cause. Is it true? I dont know. I dont believe in it but it is logical from their view.

So, you have to kinda give us what you believe is true (what are the qualifications), that, or I dont know if many people will answer given what is true is not subjective, it is objective on the sides of both parties views.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Imagine all life is interconnected like some superhighway. No super powerful magic can discern each and every crossover but my god can. My god can even draw the exact highway that existed a moment ago. Can even see the next moment.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
No shortcuts. Read God's word, starting with the Gospels and ask for God's direction in understanding what you read. Don't skim, but dissect what you read and analyze it.
Stop and meditate on what it is trying to teach you. Ask questions and digest the answers. Throw away pre-conceived ideas and start with a clean slate. Avoid speculative rubbish and keep what your heart genuinely responds to. Truth will resonate.
Jesus said, "you will know the truth and the truth will set you free"....this is what it did for me. ;)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No shortcuts. Read God's word, starting with the Gospels and ask for God's direction in understanding what you read. Don't skim, but dissect what you read and analyze it.
Stop and meditate on what it is trying to teach you. Ask questions and digest the answers. Throw away pre-conceived ideas and start with a clean slate. Avoid speculative rubbish and keep what your heart genuinely responds to. Truth will resonate.
Jesus said, "you will know the truth and the truth will set you free"....this is what it did for me. ;)
I think that advice will lead to disaster. If you wrote to ask God direction in understanding what was written then I think doing that may lead to everlasting life. You see? What we read in the Bible is the English translation of an ancient translation. And so on and so on. So then if God is real then God can tell you the truth. Yes? Or do you need written words written by men to do that?

Yokefellow

mhp-0707M.png

mhp-0709M.png

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Please try to prove to me your religion is true.

I'd say it short, hopefully.

Everything we do comes from the mind. That's our origin of how we sense things from our experiences (say from God to eating delicious chocolate) to the more concrete things as feeling pain from stubbing a toe or translating the reaction from the body of if you are experiencing a gut feeling or, because of your beliefs (in the mind) is it a message from god.

Without the mind, there is no "life". We have energy, automotive functions, etc. What do you do when you can't think, and the brain can't function to help you make sense of the world?

That is why everything originates in the mind. Outside of that, live exists in its own origin. However, nothing is created and nothing disapears; and you can test this by thinking something to appear or disapear. Everything changes form. Nothing is perminent. We see this in nature, we see the cycles of the earth, and even our cycles in all meanings of the word.

I dont see how this doesn't make sense. That is my take.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'd say it short, hopefully.

Everything we do comes from the mind. That's our origin of how we sense things from our experiences (say from God to eating delicious chocolate) to the more concrete things as feeling pain from stubbing a toe or translating the reaction from the body of if you are experiencing a gut feeling or, because of your beliefs (in the mind) is it a message from god.

Without the mind, there is no "life". We have energy, automotive functions, etc. What do you do when you can't think, and the brain can't function to help you make sense of the world?

That is why everything originates in the mind. Outside of that, live exists in its own origin. However, nothing is created and nothing disapears; and you can test this by thinking something to appear or disapear. Everything changes form. Nothing is perminent. We see this in nature, we see the cycles of the earth, and even our cycles in all meanings of the word.

I dont see how this doesn't make sense. That is my take.
That is beautiful!

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I think that advice will lead to disaster. If you wrote to ask God direction in understanding what was written then I think doing that may lead to everlasting life. You see? What we read in the Bible is the English translation of an ancient translation. And so on and so on. So then if God is real then God can tell you the truth. Yes? Or do you need written words written by men to do that?

If God is real, then so is his word. His worshippers have always appealed to it for truth. God has the ability to preserve and protect his word from translation errors, so we should all be able to discern his will from reading it in any language.
Who invented language anyway? Who better than to see to it that the right people get the message? The wrong people reject it...this is what leads to disaster. Christian unity can only be achieved if all have the same beliefs. (1 Cor 1:10) That cannot happen if everyone can simply believe whatever they like. o_O If God only speaks by holy spirit, then he is giving a lot of mixed messages to a lot of different people. This just creates confusion....He has never done this.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If God is real, then so is his word. His worshippers have always appealed to it for truth. God has the ability to preserve and protect his word from translation errors, so we should all be able to discern his will from reading it in any language.
Who invented language anyway? Who better than to see to it that the right people get the message? The wrong people reject it...this is what leads to disaster. Christian unity can only be achieved if all have the same beliefs. (1 Cor 1:10) That cannot happen if everyone can simply believe whatever they like. o_O If God only speaks by holy spirit, then he is giving a lot of mixed messages to a lot of different people. This just creates confusion....He has never done this.
Jehovah's Witness?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God's word is Jesus Christ. Correct? Is Jesus Christ the Bible?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
God's word is Jesus Christ. Correct? Is Jesus Christ the Bible?

Jesus is the "Word" of God, which in the original language means that he spoke for God. But any word that came from God, whether from his prophets or from his son was committed to writing...so the Bible is also the "word" of God. Holy spirit directed the writing and the preservation of God's word. Without it we would not know what Christ taught.