• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Truth: either God exists or He don't.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
My testimony is true, I’m not lying or mistaken that it was God Almighty that has done great things for me and demonstrated His faithfulness to me.
I do not think you are lying, but the salient problem is that you can never prove it was God Almighty who did those great things for you, you can only believe it.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
What you accept as evidence I dispose of it as trash, i used to blindly accept your evidence but I have since found it to be false

How (other than blind, unreasoning faith) have you found it false? People have posted multiple links to real evidence that you seem to be way to scared to even look at. You have posted nothing but endless foot-stamping, baseless assertions, and laughable videos from people who distort the facts and peddle falsehoods (deliberately or otherwise).

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I only really discovered this recently through trying to change people based on logic and facts. Doesn't work. The emotional crutch has to be replaced with something else.
I have been posting to Christians for a number of years, so I discovered that a long time ago. ;)

It really is all about their emotional attachment to Jesus, so even if I can prove that Baha'u'llah was the return of the Christ Spirit as Baha'is believe, that won't matter because it has to be the same man Jesus, as if they would even recognize Jesus if He came floating down in the clouds as they believe He will.

For Christians it is the attachment to the Jesus that was depicted in the New Testament, the Jesus that died for them and then allegedly rose from the dead, and it cannot be any other. Unfortunately for them, Jesus said that His work was finished here and He was no more in the world: (John 14:19, John 17:4, John 17:11, John 19:30, John 18:36)

But they never respond when I post these verses because there is no way to respond and still maintain their beliefs.

Last edited:
I do not think you are lying, but the salient problem is that you can never prove it was God Almighty who did those great things for you, you can only believe it.
I can’t prove it to you because you haven’t been part of my life or my families life for the last 30 years. It’s completely wrong for someone to dismiss, minimize or try to explain away something they know nothing about. Neither is my objective to prove anything, but to share my experience, strength and hope with people. That God is real,
He is faithful to His Word and promises, He is near to all who call to Him in truth. That I found eternal life in Jesus Christ. Thank-you

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
I have been posting to Christians for a number of years, so I discovered that a long time ago. ;)

It really is all about their emotional attachment to Jesus, so even if I can prove that Baha'u'llah was the return of the Christ Spirit as Baha'is believe, that won't matter because it has to be the same man Jesus, as if they would even recognize Jesus if He came floating down in the clouds as they believe He will.

For Christians it is the attachment to the Jesus that was depicted in the New Testament, the Jesus that dies for them and then allegedly rose from the dead, and it cannot be any other. Unfortunately for them, Jesus said that His work was finished here and He was no more in the world: (John 14:19, John 17:4, John 17:11, John 19:30, John 18:36)

But they never respond when I post these verses because there is no way to respond and still maintain their beliefs.

Remember, you and I have had this discussion before. You are quoting verses without having read the Bible, so you don't know their context.

You also don't believe everything in the Bible to be true, so you shouldn't be quoting it as evidence for your beliefs.

In terms of NT knowledge, the Christians have one up on the Baha'i as at least when it comes to your interpretation of the book, you are not following the context of the NT. I know for a fact that Christians have addressed those verses you quoted because I have used them as a believer. Those verses are a part of Christian theology and fit in the christian context. Jesus came to the earth to die for others sins and his Kingdom is in the heavens and not on the earth, and that pretty much solves all of those verses you quoted.

And having discussed religion with you as well, you also have blinders on, as your logic is inconsistent and you show an extreme confirmation bias, which is why you make claims about the Bible even though you haven't read it.

But, I am not here to discuss the Baha'i position as you guys have varying beliefs depending on who I am speaking to.

Every religious person I have met believes because of emotions, and not because of the facts as most haven't even looked into other religions in order to truly figure out which one is true or not.

ratiocinator

I can’t prove it to you because you haven’t been part of my life or my families life for the last 30 years. It’s completely wrong for someone to dismiss, minimize or try to explain away something they know nothing about. Neither is my objective to prove anything, but to share my experience, strength and hope with people. That God is real,
He is faithful to His Word and promises, He is near to all who call to Him in truth. That I found eternal life in Jesus Christ. Thank-you

The problem is that stories like this are available from all sorts of different (and contradictory) religions, denominations, sects, and cults. They can't all be genuine. I have no doubt that many people sincerely believe that their experience was connected to a real god, but rationally, at least most of them must be wrong.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well if it was year 1 or a few isolated instances of testimony then maybe you could say that but after 30 years when someone testifies you shouldn’t brush that off and make a false diagnosis like that. My testimony is true, I’m not lying or mistaken that it was God Almighty that has done great things for me and demonstrated His faithfulness to me.
And this supports my claim that it is just likely confirmation bias and cherry picking. The "evidence" that you are talking about is what is experienced by any follower of a religion, not just Christianity. Which indicates that it is not the religion, but the trait that all religions tend to have that has made your life better. And the one thing that they tend to have in common is thinking more about the community as a whole than of just yourself. Nothing too deep there or even mysterious. This is why actual testing of beliefs is needed to see if they are right or not.

As the saying goes, they cannot all be right, but they can all be wrong. Working for the betterment of humanity is good no matter where one lives or what one believes. And it tends to reap rewards as well.

The problem is that stories like this are available from all sorts of different (and contradictory) religions, denominations, sects, and cults. They can't all be genuine. I have no doubt that many people sincerely believe that their experience was connected to a real god, but rationally, at least most of them must be wrong.
There is only 1 Truth, Jesus Christ makes a very compelling case that He is that Truth. He backed up His claim in my life.

And this supports my claim that it is just likely confirmation bias and cherry picking. The "evidence" that you are talking about is what is experienced by any follower of a religion, not just Christianity. Which indicates that it is not the religion, but the trait that all religions tend to have that has made your life better. And the one thing that they tend to have in common is thinking more about the community as a whole than of just yourself. Nothing too deep there or even mysterious. This is why actual testing of beliefs is needed to see if they are right or not.

As the saying goes, they cannot all be right, but they can all be wrong. Working for the betterment of humanity is good no matter where one lives or what one believes. And it tends to reap rewards as well.
More psychobabble and you’re not making any sense and already admitted and I agree that science is fallible, God is not. Good day friend

ratiocinator

There is only 1 Truth, Jesus Christ makes a very compelling case that He is that Truth. He backed up His claim in my life.

You appear to have simply ignored my point. I have little doubt that you've had some sort of experience that you've interpreted as an encounter with Jesus but there are other people in other religions, sects, and cults who are just as sincere as you are.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
More psychobabble and you’re not making any sense and already admitted and I agree that science is fallible, God is not. Good day friend
The fact that you cannot support your claims does not make my post pscyhobabble. So far you have demonstrated that all you have is mere belief. Your belief is as irrational as that of any other theist.

It is very telling that theists of any religion are afraid to put their beliefs to the test. It indicates that they would rather have a wrong belief than no belief at all.

Once again we know that the sciences can fail. That is why scientists test ideas constantly. It is why their concepts have to be testable to even have evidence for them. An idea that cannot be tested cannot have any evidence for it. At least not reliable evidence.

And we know that almost all religions are wrong. We just don't know which ones are wrong for sure. How do we know that the vast majority are wrong? Because their beliefs conflict. If one is correct the rest tend to be wrong. Once again the old saying comes to play "Only one of them can be right, but all of them can be wrong".

No, believing in the bodily resurrection of Jesus is not essential to the Christian faith.
Believing what is patently false will not make it true.
". . . And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. . . ."
The risen Jesus had said, ". . . Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. . . ."

You appear to have simply ignored my point. I have little doubt that you've had some sort of experience that you've interpreted as an encounter with Jesus but there are other people in other religions, sects, and cults who are just as sincere as you are.
S
Priceless! You just had to be a Trump conspiracy theorist too. Serial reality denial... :rolleyes:
Science says he Trump won and Biden cheated