• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump's Judge Indefinitely Postpones Trump's Trial In FL

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It could happen. Biden is scrooing the pooch.
And Trump's appointees to courts could very
well inoculate him against prosecution for &
conviction of his crimes.
Not all judges can be bought that way. Though right now it does look as if both Cannon and the conservative judges on the USSC can be. And that is a shame. After the election Trump judges had no problem throwing his nonsense claims out of court.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
On the other hand, delaying the trial is election interference because we as voters should be aware of the criminal negligence of the people we vote for. Holding back the trial prevents us from valuable information about a candidate.
Definitely. So far we learned Trump wears boxer shorts as he lays in bed with his high class robe. The crime of the century for some.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Definitely. So far we learned Trump wears boxer shorts as he lays in bed with his high class robe. The crime of the century for some.
When you are too afraid to honestly describe what is likely to be the first charge that imprisons Trump you are pretty much admitting that the charges are true. If you could argue against them you would not use such an obviously false strawman argument.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If I’m not mistaken, I believe at least one other trial has been postponed, and that by a non-Trump appointee. Maybe there’s more to a court’s calendar than we mere mortals know.
News flash. Courts move slowly. That was true before Trump and will be true after Trump.
That is indeed possible.
But wouldn't it be appropriate for a judge
to recuse oneself from a trial prosecuting
the President who appointed one as judge?
It's quite the apparent conflict of interest.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not all judges can be bought that way. Though right now it does look as if both Cannon and the conservative judges on the USSC can be. And that is a shame. After the election Trump judges had no problem throwing his nonsense claims out of court.
Even if one isn't being bought, there are 2
huge problems....
- One cannot be impartial when judging
one's mentor who gave one a top job.
- The appearance of corruption is deadly
to confidence in the justice system.
Just look at SCOTUS....absolutely no
code of ethics.
I don't trust the *********** ********.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
On the other hand, delaying the trial is election interference because we as voters should be aware of the criminal negligence of the people we vote for. Holding back the trial prevents us from valuable information about a candidate.
It could also be seen as election interference because
conviction could make him ineligible to be Prez.
But he could win, & be unjustly put in office.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
It could also be seen as election interference because
conviction could make him ineligible to be Prez.
But he could win, & be unjustly put in office.
And, as I've said before, that is my (as a Canadian, a next-neighbour) greatest fear. The evidence is piling up even more rapidly than I thought that a Trump win could very well be the end of the great American experiment in democracy; de Tocqueville would be aghast.

Try reading Timothy Snyder's "On Tyranny; Twenty Lessons from the Twentieth Century." It's a very short book, only 100 pages on my Kobo reader. And it is very well worth the hour or so it takes to read.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And, as I've said before, that is my (as a Canadian, a next-neighbour) greatest fear. The evidence is piling up even more rapidly than I thought that a Trump win could very well be the end of the great American experiment in democracy; de Tocqueville would be aghast.

Try reading Timothy Snyder's "On Tyranny; Twenty Lessons from the Twentieth Century." It's a very short book, only 100 pages on my Kobo reader. And it is very well worth the hour or so it takes to read.
I'm waiting for the movie.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
All court matters proceed slowly. Also, to point out, the article says the trial is postponed, not cancelled.
Yeah, except Trump has gotten fair better treatment in court than you or I would. Such as, you wanna test if a judge keeps warning you over a gag order you violated? I don't. I've seen what happens when they get any back talk or rolling eyes. But Trump? It's a disgrace to the legal system how it's so obvious he's more equal than others in the eyes of the law.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
All court matters proceed slowly. Also, to point out, the article says the trial is postponed, not cancelled.
For no good reason. She is the one that kept delaying events until it had to be postponed. This will probably cause an appeal now and hopefully cause a new judge to be found, but it is now very unlikely to have a trial before the election. She is corrupt and needs to be removed. This is not the first time that she has shown unreasonable favoritism for Trump.

Watchmen

Premium Member
That is indeed possible.
the President who appointed one judge?
It's quite the apparent conflict

That is indeed possible.
the President who appointed one judge?
It's quite the apparent conflict of interest.
It might make logical sense but it’s not the legal standard.

Watchmen

Premium Member
For no good reason. She is the one that kept delaying events until it had to be postponed. This will probably cause an appeal now and hopefully cause a new judge to be found, but it is now very unlikely to have a trial before the election. She is corrupt and needs to be removed. This is not the first time that she has shown unreasonable favoritism for Trump.
That’s routine for courts. Those on the outside see a nefarious purpose. Those of us on the inside are well aware courts, for various reasons, delay and continue dates.