• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump or Biden polls

Riders

So, if, I look at Trump numbats, they say he doesn't have the money to pay his 400 million dollars. Fees tomorrow. But looking t Bidens numbers, they say folks are upset about the economy and the border and Biden can be beaten by this.

So which is true?

Pogo

So, if, I look at Trump numbats, they say he doesn't have the money to pay his 400 million dollars. Fees tomorrow. But looking t Bidens numbers, they say folks are upset about the economy and the border and Biden can be beaten by this.

So which is true?
Trump will sleaze without actually paying for a while longer what he owes, so what is new.l In the meantime Biden needs to get top work correcting the idiotic perceptions of the electorate. The economy is fine and doing well especially if we can undo some of Trumps tax gift to the rich and cut the deficit he created.
Trump is going to do about as much to fix immigration as Mexico paid for the wall last time.l Biden and Congress were well on their way to doing something useful about the border until Trump scuttled it. He prefers broken outrage to actually fixing anything.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member

So which is true?

The confusing thing is that Trump seems to be doing pretty well so far according to public perception despite all the legal challenges. His popularity rating seems to be similar to Biden's.

As for whether he has the cash to pay 400+ million... or some of his properties will have to be confiscated to pay the debt.... I don't know.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

So which is true?
Only one way to find out. See what happens after the election.

Twilight Hue

Trump will sleaze without actually paying for a while longer what he owes, so what is new.l In the meantime Biden needs to get top work correcting the idiotic perceptions of the electorate. The economy is fine and doing well especially if we can undo some of Trumps tax gift to the rich and cut the deficit he created.
Trump is going to do about as much to fix immigration as Mexico paid for the wall last time.l Biden and Congress were well on their way to doing something useful about the border until Trump scuttled it. He prefers broken outrage to actually fixing anything.
4 years of Biden and he did nothing but squat.

The economy sucks, the border a mess.

It's not ok.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
He prefers broken outrage to actually fixing anything.
Yup. It's unbelievable why anyone would vote for such a destructive, thin skinned would be autocrat. He's a bundle of things middle America hates. Marital infedelity, chronic lying, gambling, brazen disrespect of the troops and he's never done a days hard work or honest labor in his life. Even as President he was known for shirking duties, neglecting briefings, and needing things centered around him to get him to pay attention. He's a bucket of scum but people do the mental gymnastics so they don't have a nasty anxiety at night and avoid the harsh realization when they have soul crushing cognitive dissonance and discocer they call themselves Christian but support someone who more fowl and offensive than any Anti-Christ they've ever named.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

It's not ok.
The economy isn't doing bad though. Of course it hardly ever actually works for most common people as we like to think it does, I know lots of people looking for work but not getting hired, inflation is a pain right now, there's this "market panic" I've been reading about since Biden was elected the numbers and signs the Prophets of Mammon look for are good.
The economy is strong, data shows. Why do so many Americans think otherwise? - Poynter Is the U.S. economy in good or bad shape?
In a nutshell, you and me ain't in "the club," we're expendable parts in the machine, and the wellbeing of the economy doesn't really have a strong correlation to how we are doing. We aren't the modern priest class, we don't really matter. The economy is god, and god must be pleased before us mere wormfood.

Pogo

The economy isn't doing bad though. Of course it hardly ever actually works for most common people as we like to think it does, I know lots of people looking for work but not getting hired, inflation is a pain right now, there's this "market panic" I've been reading about since Biden was elected the numbers and signs the Prophets of Mammon look for are good.
The economy is strong, data shows. Why do so many Americans think otherwise? - Poynter Is the U.S. economy in good or bad shape?
In a nutshell, you and me ain't in "the club," we're expendable parts in the machine, and the wellbeing of the economy doesn't really have a strong correlation to how we are doing. We aren't the modern priest class, we don't really matter. The economy is god, and god must be pleased before us mere wormfood.
Because we have and still are falling for the priestly wizdumb that Ronnie Rayguns Horses**t economics will "trickle" down to the majority or whatever horses do with their feed. It hasn't worked for the last 50 years and as with all the Republican tax cuts, the only result is the rich getting richer and the deficit increasing. And here we are again, now the Republicans want to cut the deficit by cutting the services that the government does give to those falling behind rather than policies to make wages sufficient for the majority to live comfortably. The lowest minimum wages, often the federal min. are in the red states that receive proportionately the most federal aid. Meanwhile the highest are in states like NY and CA that contribute more than their share to the federal government and the GDP.

Viker

Häxan

It's not ok.
"GDP growth smashed market expectations in Q4, rising 3.3% in seasonally adjusted annualized terms (Q3 2023: 4.9%). The Q4 reading was likely by far the strongest in the G7 and meant that the economy expanded 2.5% in annual terms over 2023 as a whole, above the prior decade's average of 2.3%."

https://www.focus-economics.com/countries/united-states/#:~:text=GDP%20growth%20smashed%20market%20expectations,prior%20decade's%20average%20of%202.3%25.

Twilight Hue

"GDP growth smashed market expectations in Q4, rising 3.3% in seasonally adjusted annualized terms (Q3 2023: 4.9%). The Q4 reading was likely by far the strongest in the G7 and meant that the economy expanded 2.5% in annual terms over 2023 as a whole, above the prior decade's average of 2.3%."

https://www.focus-economics.com/countries/united-states/#:~:text=GDP%20growth%20smashed%20market%20expectations,prior%20decade's%20average%20of%202.3%25.
Why don't you quite what the CPI is?