• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump left No Plan

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
To deal with coronavirus, that is.

Evidently, Trump didn't just *publicly* ignore the current pandemic, he also ignored it officially.

Which means the Biden administration has to start at 'square one':

Biden inheriting nonexistent coronavirus vaccine distribution plan and must start 'from scratch,' sources say - CNNPolitics

Looks like the reason the Biden team was having difficulty getting information from Trump is that there was nothing to give.

"Another source described the moment that it became clear the Biden administration would have to essentially start from "square one" because there simply was no plan as: "Wow, just further affirmation of complete incompetence.""

Why anything *other* than complete incompetence was expected is the question.

Hopefully we can now deal with this scourge.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Evidently, Trump didn't just *publicly* ignore the current pandemic, he also ignored it officially.

Biden inheriting nonexistent coronavirus vaccine distribution plan and must start 'from scratch,' sources say - CNNPolitics

Looks like the reason the Biden team was having difficulty getting information from Trump is that there was nothing to give.

"Another source described the moment that it became clear the Biden administration would have to essentially start from "square one" because there simply was no plan as: "Wow, just further affirmation of complete incompetence.""

Well, I guess this isn't much of a surprise.

I suppose Trump could say that he had a plan, but his dog ate it.

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
Yet. Perhaps he was hoping distribution of the vaccine had been put in hand by those in charge at the time of need.

But no doubt the right will pour the blame on biden yet the gross incompetence of trump and co has no doubt caused more deaths

Trump downplayed the seriousness of the pandemic from the start, with disastrous consequences. Hopefully the Biden administration will be able to repair some of the damage. Effective distribution of the vaccine is obviously a priority, but also persuading more people to adopt basic infection control measures like wearing a mask and social distancing.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know anything about that, however I do know 2 extended family members who are getting a shot today. They are both over 70. They are probably getting it first because of their age, and its probably covered through their healthcare plans. For me its a relief.

I suspect you are talking about something else though such as a national free vaccination plan or something of that nature.

ecco

Veteran Member
I doubt Biden even has a plan.
We could have anticipated that Trump had no plan based on his INactions over the past four years.

On what do you base your assertion that Biden has no plan? Or is that just another pro-Trump straw you must try to grasp at.

Audie

Veteran Member

None of the states have plans?

The fed was supposed to do all of it?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

I recently heard an NPR interview with a fairly anti-Trump
guy (whose name I can't remember) who criticized Trump's
handling of the plague, but did give Trump credit for the
accelerated vaccine development program.
This is significant, given that NPR once had an entire
show devoted to Trump being like Hitler. They're certainly
not biased towards him.
So I agree about incompetence, but not "complete".
"Massive" is more accurate.

tytlyf

Not Religious
What does square one mean to you then?

You know of a plan right now?
Square one refers to the beginning of fixing a problem. Meaning, inheritance of a problem and taking action to fix.
I wish "square one" wasn't the case, but that's the result of incompetence.
On to your next mythical opinion, the Biden administration has already listed it's plan on distributing the vaccine.
You're going to claim it doesn't exist. That's not my problem, the Biden plan obviously doesn't exist in far-right newsmaker outlets. They don't want you to know, on purpose. Don't you get that yet?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I doubt Biden even has a plan.

I can remove your doubt.

Having expertise involved and especially using the Defense Production Act are concrete steps. Read the entire article for the rest.

Biden's COVID-19 plan: Masks, testing, more vaccine supplies

RESTORING TRUST

— Establishes a federal COVID-19 response team to coordinate efforts across agencies and restores a White House team on global health risks that was established during the Obama administration.

— Calls for regular public briefings on COVID-19 to be led by scientific experts.

— The federal government will track data on virus cases, testing, vaccinations and hospital admissions and will make it available to the public. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will start a public dashboard tracking cases at the county level.

___

VACCINES

— Increases the production and purchasing of vaccines, including through the Defense Production Act — it allows the president to direct the manufacturing of critical goods during wartime — and ensures availability of glass vials, syringes and other supplies

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
I can remove your doubt.

Having expertise involved and especially using the Defense Production Act are concrete steps. Read the entire article for the rest.

RESTORING TRUST

— Establishes a federal COVID-19 response team to coordinate efforts across agencies and restores a White House team on global health risks that was established during the Obama administration.

— Calls for regular public briefings on COVID-19 to be led by scientific experts.

— The federal government will track data on virus cases, testing, vaccinations and hospital admissions and will make it available to the public. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will start a public dashboard tracking cases at the county level.

___

VACCINES

— Increases the production and purchasing of vaccines, including through the Defense Production Act — it allows the president to direct the manufacturing of critical goods during wartime — and ensures availability of glass vials, syringes and other supplies

Sounds very sensible to me. It's similar to what's been happening in the UK since the beginning of the pandemic.
Not that the UK government hasn't made some mistakes of it's own.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I can remove your doubt.

RESTORING TRUST

___

VACCINES

Now for the actual action. Go go go! Get it done.