• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump leading Biden in 5 swing states that Biden won in 2020

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Live:

"The state is asking about a 2021 financial statement. Trump says he thinks it's accurate - he hopes so.

“I was so busy in the White House,” he says, adding his focus was on “China” and “Russia”.

"For the record, you weren't president in 2021 were you?" prosecutor Kevin Wallace asks.

Trump says "No." "

- https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-67314495

Good luck with your next president, Americans.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
More...

"Judge Engoron is attempting to redirect the court again as Trump continues to go on about his golf course in Scotland.

“Do you want to let the witness ramble on, be unresponsive?” Engoron asks Kevin Wallace of the attorney general's team."

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
This is what the USA is facing.

www.nytimes.com

Trump Leads in 5 Critical States as Voters Blast Biden, Times/Siena Poll Finds

Voters in battleground states said they trusted Donald J. Trump over President Biden on the economy, foreign policy and immigration, as Mr. Biden’s multiracial base shows signs of fraying.
www.nytimes.com

I know polling can be unreliable, but this is a frightening set of data. These states rejected Trump in 2020, but now as he faces serious legal jeopardy he is more popular? If citizens elect this guy then America deserves what it gets. Conservatives are like drug addicts who have to hit bottom before they realize they have a problem. Unfortunately they will take the USA, and many gloabl allies, down with them.

Or could this be a way to pressure Biden to drop out and open the door for a more appealing Democrat?
Scary.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Live:

"The state is asking about a 2021 financial statement. Trump says he thinks it's accurate - he hopes so.

“I was so busy in the White House,” he says, adding his focus was on “China” and “Russia”.

"For the record, you weren't president in 2021 were you?" prosecutor Kevin Wallace asks.

Trump says "No." "

- https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-67314495

Good luck with your next president, Americans.

More...

"Judge Engoron is attempting to redirect the court again as Trump continues to go on about his golf course in Scotland.

“Do you want to let the witness ramble on, be unresponsive?” Engoron asks Kevin Wallace of the attorney general's team."

What does this have to do with the thread?

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Looking on Realclearpolitics.com, this seems to be a recent change, like as of a few days ago. Did something happen to precipitate this change? Quinnapiac doesn't reflect this change, however.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
This is what the USA is facing.

www.nytimes.com

Trump Leads in 5 Critical States as Voters Blast Biden, Times/Siena Poll Finds

Voters in battleground states said they trusted Donald J. Trump over President Biden on the economy, foreign policy and immigration, as Mr. Biden’s multiracial base shows signs of fraying.
www.nytimes.com

I know polling can be unreliable, but this is a frightening set of data. These states rejected Trump in 2020, but now as he faces serious legal jeopardy he is more popular? If citizens elect this guy then America deserves what it gets. Conservatives are like drug addicts who have to hit bottom before they realize they have a problem. Unfortunately they will take the USA, and many gloabl allies, down with them.

Or could this be a way to pressure Biden to drop out and open the door for a more appealing Democrat?
They said worse a year before Trump lost.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Who can blame people who are so fed up with
corruption incompetence, double talk, for agreeing with a man who radiates confidence, and talks their straaight- talk
language?
I can amd will as Trump wants to be able to fire any federal employee he wants, is planning to surrounding himself with those who will be more cooperative, and continue his assault against the rights of women, Muslims, LGBT, and others who a regularily featured objects of Republican's Two Minute Hate.
Trump is a fascist who worships autocrats. He's a bully who clearly has incredibly fragile skin. He deliberately and knowingly lied about covid. And he attempted to overthrow the election amd launched a failed insurrection. I do blame amd fault everyone who finds that appealing.

Last edited:

Shaul

Premium Member
With over a year before the election, this poll of dubious value.

anna.

I'm curious what the polls for those five states were saying prior to the 2020 election? Maybe I'll try to find out sometime later today.

@F1fan, I found this:

You can do a term search for Siena/NYT (the poll referenced in your OP) and see what they were saying prior to the 2020 election for each state, but n.b. these were for 2020, what we need are polls for 2019, a year earlier. I haven't found a good source yet.

Last edited:

F1fan

Veteran Member
@F1fan, I found this:

You can do a term search for Siena/NYT (the poll referenced in your OP) and see what they were saying prior to the 2020 election for each state, but n.b. these were for 2020, what we need are polls for 2019, a year earlier. I haven't found a good source yet.
I saw a report referencing another question in the op poll asked voters how they would vote IF Trump gets a conviction and the results are switched with Biden winning all the swing states. I can't find that result as there is so much data. That is interesting, but still I have to question the psychology of the swing voter, and why four indictments isn't bad enought to vote for Biden, but a conviction is. He's lost civil trials in his Trump University suit. He lost to E. Gene Carroll. He lost in the current fraud case, and the judge has one more day of testimony before ruling on the degree of the penalty, which likely will mean his business in New York is gone. The conspiracy crimes in Geogria has four parties pleading guilty. Trump's lawyers pleading guilty in a conspiracy involved him directly, and what the evidence will show is the depth of hiw involvement.

So there's about 365 days before the next election and a lot can happen. My curiosity is why anyone opts for Trump given his legal jeopardy, and his more extreme rhetoric. I have to think the swing voter support for Trump is a protest against Biden. How they would vote in the actual election might be for Biden, because that when it counts. But the thing is, we don't know.

I think the only thing going against Biden is his age, and his lack of spark when he makes public appearances. The economy is doing very well. He's still lucid and fairly active, but he does appear more frail, and that won't improve in the next five years. I will say that Trump is showing serious signs of decline. Video clips of recent rallies are incoherent, and he has not been aware where he is a number of times. His court performance yesterday, Monday, was a catastrophe, with him going off on incoherent and irrelevant rants instead of answering questions.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I think the only thing going against Biden is his age, and his lack of spark when he makes public appearances. The economy is doing very well. He's still lucid and fairly active, but he does appear more frail, and that won't improve in the next five years.
The concern increases when one compares the Biden that we saw in the run-up to November 3, 2020, with the Biden that we see today. What you label "his lack of spark" is the result of a mere three years. At issue is not simply the change, but the rate of change.