• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Trump Apologizes for Vulgar Comments"

tytlyf

Not Religious
Did anyone see him coming back from the other problems?
It's an election well suited to both of them.
Hillary would have a hard time running against an honest peaceful thoughtful Republican.
Trump would have a hard time running against an honest peaceful thoughtful Democrat.
But only in this election, where they have each other to oppose, could each go so far.
Prognosticating seems more difficult than in other campaigns. High negative ratings &
daily revelations of past sins make things more chaotic than usual.

I'm going out on a limb here with a prediction.....
One of these 2 will become president.
Not true. The republican establishment has been very nervous over Hillary winning for years. Which is why they started attacking her 3+ years ago with phony scandals. I'd love to hear which one of the 17 republican nominees you think fit your description of a honest, peaceful thoughtful republican.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not true. The republican establishment has been very nervous over Hillary winning for years. Which is why they started attacking her 3+ years ago with phony scandals. I'd love to hear which one of the 17 republican nominees you think fit your description of a honest, peaceful thoughtful republican.
I never said there were any such candidates.
There might be, but that wasn't the issue I raised.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I actually liked Jeb Bush. Hated what his brother did to our country, but I really appreciated what Jeb did here in Florida. More like his father and not at all like his brother. Paul Ryan would have been a better choice than Trump and had a better chance to win against Clinton as well.

Here's the thing. Should Trump drop out at this point, all chaos will ensue. In all probability that chaos should preclude a Republican win, but maybe not. Right or wrong, there's still a lot of antagonism towards Clinton from without and within her party. That's already a volatile situation that will be exacerbated by another, even more volatile mess.

David1967

Premium Member
Fine, ignore the 17 best the republicans had to offer. Who would you want running as a republican?

I think Ben Carson was the best as far as character goes. Actually to honorable and good hearted to actually win against the kind of bozos that get elected.