• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump and "s***hole" countries.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Sure well it’s how people use the term I’m concerned with. As mentioned context matters.

Edit: BTW what trump said wasn’t particularly racist but does show his true colors as usual with his bigotry xenophobia and racist attitudes towards many peoples.

Just a quick personal share here: As a retail store manager, I, a Caucasian, once angered an African American woman who chose to retaliate by calling me "Ellie Mae Clampant". I agree context, and/or source matters, because I'm pretty sure she meant it as a racist slur.o_O

Spice

Many islamic countries aren't ****-holes. Can we expect Trump to focus on those and give them the boost?

Would Trump have created the Obama birther nonsense if Obama were white?

Considering Obama is half-white, even if his father had been from let's say Lebanon, like Danny Thomas, and therefore all white, Trump probably would have still run with the headline grabbing birther nonsense just to promote himself. We need to remember that after their 90 minute transition talk, Trump repeatedly said that Obama was "a good man". He has no "position" other than being famous.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Just a quick personal share here: As a retail store manager, I, a Caucasian, once angered an African American woman who chose to retaliate by calling me "Ellie Mae Clampant". I agree context, and/or source matters, because I'm pretty sure she meant it as a racist slur.o_O
Ha, wow, that probably was meant to be a slam but I’d take being compared to the pretty girl on the Hillbilly show as a compliment, if I was a girl. My significant other, being Caucasian, gets a lot of flack around here for some reason and I can’t always tell if it’s a race thing but everyone is always super nice to my sister, so yeah. I tell you, some people... IDK about them sometimes. And this is in a 70 percent blue (Dem) county I can’t imagine what red county peeps go through. Unfortunately I find reverse discrimination to be a thing for sure.

Spice

Ha, wow, that probably was meant to be a slam but I’d take being compared to the pretty girl on the Hillbilly show as a compliment, if I was a girl. My significant other, being Caucasian, gets a lot of flack around here for some reason and I can’t always tell if it’s a race thing but everyone is always super nice to my sister, so yeah. I tell you, some people... IDK about them sometimes. And this is in a 70 percent blue (Dem) county I can’t imagine what red county peeps go through. Unfortunately I find reverse discrimination to be a thing for sure.

Of course I just laughed it off, just as I've always responded to being called a cracker as "yeah, and a salty one, too!" I can't say I believe in the term "reverse discrimination". Discrimination, bigotry, racism, all of it, is found in all demographics, all over the world, including within the minor spectrums of the broader definitions: brunettes/blonds, short/tall, thin/heavy, dark-skinned/light-skin, urban/rural, medium income/lower income, right on down to foreign or domestic cars!! But that, of course, doesn't make it acceptable!
Cheers!

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Of course I just laughed it off, just as I've always responded to being called a cracker as "yeah, and a salty one, too!" I can't say I believe in the term "reverse discrimination". Discrimination, bigotry, racism, all of it, is found in all demographics, all over the world, including within the minor spectrums of the broader definitions: brunettes/blonds, short/tall, thin/heavy, dark-skinned/light-skin, urban/rural, medium income/lower income, right on down to foreign or domestic cars!! But that, of course, doesn't make it acceptable!
Cheers!
except against New Zealanders.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You understand that there are a lot of people in the world who consider the U.S. to be a s***hole country.

Apparently most Norwegians.

Hillbilly is definitely a racial slur

Not necessarily, especially considering that most people using the word are white, myself included. Here's the last time I used it:

I lived the last 11 of my 55 years in America in the bootheel of Missouri, the reddest part of a red state surrounded by eight other red states where the Midwest meets the South. We lived just outside of the Ozarks and knew actual hillbillies - people that said aint, reckon, and fixin' a lot. It was very poor, very Christian, and very conservative when we arrived in 1998 toward the end of the Clinton years, was just as poor, red and religious when we left in Obama's first year as president, and undoubtedly still is.

Obama fought for those people, many of which were the uninsured working poor, and many Medicaid recipients. The Republicans spent from 2010 on, when the ACA was enacted, trying to take that away. Yet I'm sure that these people helped create the situation that today threatens to take their Obamacare and much of their Medicaid away.

Not very racist.

However in context of Trump's words, Trump was mainly talking about black African countries and Latin American countries.

There are reasons that he included all of Africa, but only Haiti and El Salvador in the Americas. He's getting rready to deport 200,000 El Salvadorans, and Haiti just linked him once again to money laundering there:

Haitian government claims ousted dictator ‘Baby Doc’ Duvalier laundered stolen money through Trump Tower

Is human decency necessary or always logical?

Apparently not for everybody. I require it to respect a person.

The United States and various states from within is a sh*t hole. Texas along with the Bible belts are sh*t holes.

I just mentioned my 11 years in rural Missouri. No argument here.

My wife and I left the States in disgust in 2009, and neither of us has been back in over five years since the last of our parents passed away. We have even less reason to visit now than then.

"Of course people from #Norway would love to move to a country where people are far more likely to be shot, live in poverty, get no healthcare because they’re poor, get no paid parental leave or subsidized daycare and see fewer women in political power. #****hole"

LOL. Making America great again.

Obama is half-white

America has an impressive string of 45 presidents in a row now that were at least half white, beginning with George Washington.

Derek500

Wish I could change this to AUD
He-he-he. After all of this, I'm supposed to do a conference on coal in NY next week (how do Americans call it? New York, New York). I'm going to tell those coal magnates that the coal industry is basically dead and expensive and they should rather look for REE's. At the moment 90 % of the proven REE's are in China, but there's probably more REE's in Namaqualand, South Africa.

That's the future. I think that my 10 year multiple entry visa for the US might be revoked after that talk....

Last edited:

Holdasown

He-he-he. After all of this, I'm supposed to do a conference on coal in NY next week (how do Americans call it? New York, New York). I'm going to tell those coal magnates that the coal industry is basically dead and expensive and they should rather look for REE's. At the moment 90 % of the proven REE's are in China, but there's probably more REE's in Namaqualand, South Africa.

That's the future. I think that my 10 year multiple entry visa for the US might be revoked after that talk....

So you would be one of those people that thinks Appalachia is a **** hole.

james dixon

Premium Member
Reagan’s ancestor jumped the wall between Canada and the US in 1940’s. He should have been deported and now it is time to deport his offspring---NOW!!!

Born in 1911 in Tampico, Illinois, Ronald Wilson Reagan was the second son of John (Jack) Reagan and Nelle Wilson. He was the great-grandson, on his father's side, of Irish immigrants who came to America through Canada in the 1940s. His mother was of Scottish and English ancestry.

Check Out Ronald Reagan's Family Tree

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Reagan’s ancestor jumped the wall between Canada and the US in 1940’s. He should have been deported and now it is time to deport his offspring---NOW!!!

Born in 1911 in Tampico, Illinois, Ronald Wilson Reagan was the second son of John (Jack) Reagan and Nelle Wilson. He was the great-grandson, on his father's side, of Irish immigrants who came to America through Canada in the 1940s. His mother was of Scottish and English ancestry.

Check Out Ronald Reagan's Family Tree
I doubt it matters to that many Conservatives. Just look at Ted Cruz, who was not even born in America, but yet they don't question and challenge his ability to run for president as a naturalized citizen or make demands to see his birth certificate like they did with Obama.