• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

True faith teaches by Itself.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am glad you were not in the allied decision makers group during WW2.

ciao

- viole

Well so am I, I was not born, I would have been absent, that would not have helped.

If you mean in retrospect, we'll there would be a great case for not dropping 2 x atomic bombs and I am sure there were many that would have preferred that decision. Maybe even from some of those that did drop them?

Thing is, do you want a future where there is peace, or do you want war?

War seems to have failed to bring peace every single time, 2 world wars have not achieved the peace and security for all humanity, it has made many nations richer in oil and arms deals.

Personally the events in the world at this time indicate that the United Nations are not yet strong enough to mediate the affairs of the world, the time must come when the United Nations are just that and together they make things right.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No evidence of existence of Allah or his sending messengers of any kind to world. Idle, superstitious talk.

If anyone tries to perform his duty, then he is a Hindu, and not a Bahai. Because, if one does not accept the God of Abraham and that Bahaollah was a manifestation of Allah (that is what Bahaollah repeated again and again), one cannot be a Bahai. Hinduism does not put forward any such condition. One can believe in a thousand Gods and Goddesses, in one God or in no God, and does not postulate any messenger. Hinduism is singularly bereft of any dogma. :D

That sounds much like a very strong dogma of thoughts ;):D

All the best to you and yours, stay safe, stay happy and you to yours me to mine, but as you know, always happy to share all I have with you any time.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Love is an eradicator of such groups. The Taliban stop at nothing to torture and end good folks lives. They are beyond correction

Personally there are many that this may be applicable to, but faith tells me I can not know who is capable of change, to me only God can know the hearts of all men.

I see I was lucky to be born where I was born, so how can I judge another who's nature and nurture was far from my experience. I am sure many of the followers are just weak souls, easily led. Given the chance, they may make other choices.

Regards Tony

firedragon

Veteran Member
What is there to debate on this topic?

Well I guess that is the entire debate about God and Religion.

I have done some interesting reading from talks given by Abdu’l-Baha early on, before the first world war in America. What I have been reading is all the press releases of that time and how he was seen by the reporters and the public.

What I have found is that my view of faith and how to share it has been very wrong, in fact I feel as a Baha'i we have got it wrong in many ways.

I now consider that True Faith, given by God actually teaches itself. The written Word is proof of what we will and can become, only if we become that Word in our own lives and that and only that is the ultimate teacher.

Thus Abdul'baha offered no one needs to change their Faith, as a True Christian, or a Muslim, or a Hindu, or a Buddhist is already true to God.

This is from my Faith, I am sure yours also has writings that will give the same thoughts.

"When asked on one occasion: “What is a Bahá’í?” ‘Abdu’l-Bahá replied: “To be a Bahá’í simply means to love all the world; to love humanity and try to serve it; to work for universal peace and universal brotherhood.” On another occasion He defined a Bahá’í as “one endowed with all the perfections of man in activity.” In one of His London talks He said that a man may be a Bahá’í even if He has never heard the name of Bahá’u’lláh. He added:—
The man who lives the life according to the teachings of Bahá’u’lláh is already a Bahá’í. On the other hand, a man may call himself a Bahá’í for fifty years, and if he does not live the life he is not a Bahá’í. An ugly man may call himself handsome, but he deceives no one,.... not even himself."

Thus I am thinking that God has a plan, our lives are directed by our obedience to that plan, or our ignorance, or even rebellion against it.

Can you argue against that? If the intent of your Faith is to be the best you can and become one with all others, would you still argue with others of another faith that have the same goal?

I an seeing the argument over doctrinal differences only feeds the fire of disunity.

It may be that we are to find a unity in our diversity of Faiths, only when we practice what those Faiths offer in personal conduct.

Regards Tony

Hey Tony. What happened to you? Have not seen you here for a long time. You've grown a beard I see.

Hope you're keeping as well as life possibly can.

Cheers.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hey Tony. What happened to you? Have not seen you here for a long time. You've grown a beard I see.

Hope you're keeping as well as life possibly can.

Cheers.

Great to hear from you firedragon, I hope all is well and happy in your part of the world.

My own actions took me away from RF again. I hope I am learning, but time will tell. ;):D

Hard for old dogs to learn new tricks, especially when it requires confronting self examination and realisation.

Regards Tony

Clara Tea

What is there to debate on this topic?

Well I guess that is the entire debate about God and Religion.

I have done some interesting reading from talks given by Abdu’l-Baha early on, before the first world war in America. What I have been reading is all the press releases of that time and how he was seen by the reporters and the public.

What I have found is that my view of faith and how to share it has been very wrong, in fact I feel as a Baha'i we have got it wrong in many ways.

I now consider that True Faith, given by God actually teaches itself. The written Word is proof of what we will and can become, only if we become that Word in our own lives and that and only that is the ultimate teacher.

Thus Abdul'baha offered no one needs to change their Faith, as a True Christian, or a Muslim, or a Hindu, or a Buddhist is already true to God.

This is from my Faith, I am sure yours also has writings that will give the same thoughts.

"When asked on one occasion: “What is a Bahá’í?” ‘Abdu’l-Bahá replied: “To be a Bahá’í simply means to love all the world; to love humanity and try to serve it; to work for universal peace and universal brotherhood.” On another occasion He defined a Bahá’í as “one endowed with all the perfections of man in activity.” In one of His London talks He said that a man may be a Bahá’í even if He has never heard the name of Bahá’u’lláh. He added:—
The man who lives the life according to the teachings of Bahá’u’lláh is already a Bahá’í. On the other hand, a man may call himself a Bahá’í for fifty years, and if he does not live the life he is not a Bahá’í. An ugly man may call himself handsome, but he deceives no one,.... not even himself."

Thus I am thinking that God has a plan, our lives are directed by our obedience to that plan, or our ignorance, or even rebellion against it.

Can you argue against that? If the intent of your Faith is to be the best you can and become one with all others, would you still argue with others of another faith that have the same goal?

I an seeing the argument over doctrinal differences only feeds the fire of disunity.

It may be that we are to find a unity in our diversity of Faiths, only when we practice what those Faiths offer in personal conduct.

Regards Tony

God has a clever plan....to come up with a plan.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Great to hear from you firedragon, I hope all is well and happy in your part of the world.

My own actions took me away from RF again. I hope I am learning, but time will tell. ;):D

Hard for old dogs to learn new tricks, especially when it requires confronting self examination and realisation.

Regards Tony

what do you mean old? You have more youth than most Tony. ;)

Anyway, its good to hear from you. I wish you all the very best. Shall keep in touch. I dont have a beard or I would have recommended some grooming products. ;) Just kidding.

Cheers.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God has a clever plan....to come up with a plan.

I see the world is working towards goals that have already been said will need to Unfold. So maybe part of that plan is for others to see there is a plan in an age where God has been forgotten? Only time will tell if the other hearts that have found more to life, than life, will join as one and in turn attract others.

The equality of men and women is to me a plan known to be from God, there are many more.

The unity of all the Nations as a united body of humanity is a plan of God that many are working towards.

Both Christians and Muslims have shaped the world in their attempt to achieve this and all we have to do is figure out why such noble intents have not unfolded in the required universal actions.

All the best Regards Tony

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
what do you mean old? You have more youth than most Tony. ;)

Anyway, its good to hear from you. I wish you all the very best. Shall keep in touch. I dont have a beard or I would have recommended some grooming products. ;) Just kidding.

Cheers.

My wife likes wild and woolly :Do_O

Likewise to you an eternity of happiness Regards Tony

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
Do you love the Talibans?

Ciao

- viole

Dear viole

I feel unsure of how to read your comment. Would you be able to elaborate on why you chose to post that question in the context of this thread?

Is it questioning the meaning of, or the morality behind, the concept of “loving thy neighbour/brother/enemy”?

Is it asking how one is meant to deal with another causing harm?

Is it inciting hatred…?

I am not asking you rhetorically. I believe it is important to understand your question properly.

Humbly
Hermit

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Well, the problem is that if we promote pacifism and love, that will be exploited by the next dictator.
Si vis pacem, para bellum. Or, even better: si vis bellum, para pacem.

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well, the problem is that if we promote pacifism and love, that will be exploited by the next dictator.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Ciao

- viole

Who is promoting pacifist view? My faith does not.

There is a lot of tangents though, but when we are loving, just and compassionate, we look at all tangents.

My wife will tell you how passionate I am when I see unjust action dished out by ignorant power hungry men. Thing is I have been taught I need to channel that justified anger, in a productive manner, not to become a slave to hatred and revenge.

Regards Tony

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Who is promoting pacifist view? My faith does not.

There is a lot of tangents though, but when we are loving, just and compassionate, we look at all tangents.

My wife will tell you how passionate I am when I see unjust action dished out by ignorant power hungry men. Thing is I have been taught I need to channel that justified anger, in a productive manner, not to become a slave to hatred and revenge.

Regards Tony
Yes, but I think love/hate is a false dichotomy. We can be totally emotionless when dealing with some people.

Ciao

- viole

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes, but I think love/hate is a false dichotomy. We can be totally emotionless when dealing with some people.

Ciao

- viole

Interesting, but I do not see that is possible, only from personal experiences.

In one part of my life I accepted a job in a remote community that required animal control. That job required me to put down many unwanted cats and dogs.

One tries to block one's mind to the eyes pleading to you for love, or in fear as animal do, but I can assure you, it can not be sustained. The injustice of that, the blame being with poor pet owners eats at your very soul.

Many in our justice system may likewise try to detach themselves from Love and Compassion, but it will eat at them nether the less.

Regards Tony

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
It is not a question of what we desire. Wars will never end even if Allah sends a million messengers. Messengers may repeat the blurbs that Allah sends to them. The fact is that Allah does not want peace and happiness in the world. That will devalue him.
That sounds much like a very strong dogma of thoughts ;):D
Where is the dogma? Hinduism gives near complete freedom in matters of belief.

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is not a question of what we desire. Wars will never end even if Allah sends a million messengers. Messengers may repeat the blurbs that Allah sends to them. The fact is that Allah does not want peace and happiness in the world. That will devalue him.

Now you have to consider if that statement will aid in our unity in our diversity.;):D

I can assure you faith directs me to be the best neighbour you will ever have, need anything, please ask, do not be shy!

Regards Tony

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
The equality of men and women is to me a plan known to be from God, there are many more.
Equality of men and women (what to talk of LGBTQ) was not in Bahaollah's plan. Has your House of Justice included a woman member?
.. need anything, please ask, do not be shy!
I do not need anything other than two roties (Indian flat bread) in the morning and two in the evening along with half a bulb of onion. I do need internet access.

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Equality of men and women (what to talk of LGBTQ) was not in Bahaollah's plan. Has your House of Justice included a woman member?

Well done Aupmanyav, you are like tiger that has a bull by the horn.

No worries, I still will be a good neighbour.

Regards Tony

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
Do you love the Talibans?
Ciao
- viole

I feel unsure of how to read your comment./…/Is it questioning the meaning of, or the morality behind, the concept of “loving thy neighbour/brother/enemy”?

Yes
Ciao
- viole

Thank you viole, for helping me better understand your comment/question.

The love we speak of in “love thy brother/neighbour/enemy”, can be understood as a will to comprehend what lay behind another’s choices and actions.

The purpose of trying to comprehend this is at first seldom based on love, but rather on judgment. That is; initially, we believe that our bother/neighbour/enemy is different to us and that we are right. We want to understand, in order to judge them - often to our own advantage.

Yet, the more we dissect and try to comprehend what lay behind another’s choices and actions, the more we come to see that what that is, is almost always the same for everyone: emotions*. We feel and then - sometimes -, we rationalise what we feel into meaningful stories that justify (to ourselves) what we intend to do from those emotions.

*As a “mathematician”, that may sound disgusting to you and you may absolutely claim that you do not do this yourself; that is okay.

When we live our lives trying to comprehend our brother/neighbour/enemy in order to judge them, eventually, we do so out of “love” because we come to understand that they are not so different to us - nor to each other, for that matter. We experience the same emotions, but for different things and we confront different obstacles, but in similar ways.

You learn why it is ethical to “love thy brother/neighbour/enemy” when you understand the following fact: The evil you encounter in others, is their expression of pain… anger… hatred… desire for revenge.

And, one cannot combat pain by inflicting more pain, because more pain will only lead to more anger and more anger will only lead to more hatred and more hatred will only lead to more desire for revenge and more revenge will only lead to the spreading of more pain and you see where this is going, I am certain.

Humbly
Hermit