• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

True faith teaches by Itself.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am not the one restricting the education of women. I am not going to look through the entire Koran to search for specific text. The reality is that ISIS, etc are very religious Muslims. They found rationale to do what they do.

But you will offer that it is an action the Quran does state.

That is not just.

Regards Tony

ecco

Veteran Member
People, like ISIS and the Taliban, are doing what they believe God wants them to do. If your Messengers made God's will so open to interpretation, it is either the fault of your God or your Messengers.
Show me anything in the Qur'an that would lead people like ISIS and the Taliban to do what they are doing.

As I stated to @TransmutingSoul, it is not my job to go through the Koran. It is fact that members of ISIS are Muslims;

Don't Think of the "Islamic State" in Religious Terms | Middle East Policy Council
It is disingenuous to claim that ISIS is not “Islamic,” in part because there is no “true” and “false” Islam objectively accessible to human beings. Would-be Caliph Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi’s interpretation may be far outside the mainstream contemporary or traditional approaches to Islam, but that doesn’t make it “un-Islamic.”
You would deny this, just as most Christians distance themselves from David Koresh and Jim Jones. Koresh and Jones believed they were doing the Christian God's work. Their followers believed that also. That is what is important, that is what matters.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The Bahai Inner Circle AKA...(my emphases)

Universal House of Justice - Wikipedia

The Seat of the Universal House of Justice and its members reside in Haifa, Israel, on the slope of Mount Carmel.[1] The most recent election was 29 April 2018.[4] Although all other elected and appointed roles in the Baháʼí Faith are open to men and women, membership on the Universal House of Justice is male-only; the Baháʼí writings indicate that the reason for this will become clear in the future.

Do I understand some things about the Bahai religion that you are ignorant of?
What you do not understand is that the UHJ is not "The Bahai Inner Circle." Do you know the functions of the UHJ?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
As I stated to @TransmutingSoul, it is not my job to go through the Koran. It is fact that members of ISIS are Muslims;
But that does not mean that they are following what is in the Koran. THAT is what matters. One cannot blame Muhammad if some of His followers went astray any more than Jesus can be blamed if some Christians don't follow His teachings.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I see you are happy to remain with an unjust stance, and not inform yourself as to why that is unjust. I am not here to change your choices.

So I will not respond to such posts again.

I will wish you all the best in life, may it be long and may you prosper.

Regards Tony

ecco

Veteran Member
What you do not understand is that the UHJ is not "The Bahai Inner Circle." Do you know the functions of the UHJ?

Well, pardon my use of a common phrase like "Inner circle".

Def
  1. an exclusive group close to the center of power of an organization or movement, regarded as elitist and secretive.
It may or may not be secretive, but the rest of the definition sure fits the UHJ.

In any case, women are forbidden to be a part of the UHJ. So, please, do not post any more misinformation about Bahai giving women equality.

ecco

Veteran Member
But that does not mean that they are following what is in the Koran. THAT is what matters. One cannot blame Muhammad if some of His followers went astray any more than Jesus can be blamed if some Christians don't follow His teachings.
Nonsense, nonsense, nonsense.
The Inquisitors considered themselves Christians who were doing God's work.
The European witch burners considered themselves Christians who were doing God's work.
The Southern Slave-owners considered themselves Christians who were doing God's work.
The Nazis considered themselves Christians who were doing God's work.

If scripture is so ambiguous that it can be interpreted in so many different ways, that is the fault of the God who conveyed the laws and rules to His Messengers. One cannot even blame the Messengers, an omnipotent God surely had ways to ensure His word was accurately recorded.

ecco

Veteran Member
The justification is that Baha'u'llah stipulated that the UHJ would be comprised of men.

There are two problems with that.

If it is true, then Baha'u'llah was a misogynist. Nevertheless, you should be able to show clearly and unambiguously that Baha'u'llah made that stipulation.
If it is not true, then the people who first organized it in the 1960s are the misogynistic Bahais.

Neither option does much for women's equality in the eyes of Bahai leadership.

ecco

Veteran Member
I see you are happy to remain with an unjust stance, and not inform yourself as to why that is unjust. I am not here to change your choices.

It is not an unjust stance. See post #211. You cannot find anything invalid about it, so you just...
So I will not respond to such posts again.
...run away. Perhaps you should think about your views and see if you can justify them with anything other than your wishful beliefs.

ecco

Veteran Member
Well I do not have to, I know what the justification is. I also have Faith the wisdom will be known.
Do you understand what you write?

First, you assert that you know the reason women are kept out of UHJ.

Then you write that the wisdom will be known (implying it is not known).

I see that you wrote "Faith" with a capital "F". Was that a Freudian slip?

I suppose when one cannot actually justify one's views, then one has to accept that one's views are based on nothing but Faith.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
In any case, women are forbidden to be a part of the UHJ. So, please, do not post any more misinformation about Bahai giving women equality.
That does not mean women are not considered equal to men. To say that is a logical fallacy but I don't have time to waste telling you which fallacy that is. Believe whatever you want to believe, it does not matter one iota to me. This is just a forum, not reality.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If scripture is so ambiguous that it can be interpreted in so many different ways, that is the fault of the God who conveyed the laws and rules to His Messengers. One cannot even blame the Messengers, an omnipotent God surely had ways to ensure His word was accurately recorded.
That is not God's job, it is a job humans are fully responsible for.
It was accurately recorded but humans understand words and sentences differently.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well, pardon my use of a common phrase like "Inner circle".

Def
  1. an exclusive group close to the center of power of an organization or movement, regarded as elitist and secretive.
It may or may not be secretive, but the rest of the definition sure fits the UHJ.

I am Sorry your chosen definition does not fit a body of men that is elected by Women and Men.

I see it will be hard for people that do not see the need to submit to a Law given by God, to consider why this law was made.

The God that made that law, is the God that granted full equality of women with men, and made it possible for us to achieve.

So one can take the time to consider why there is such a law, or they will not take the time and rubbish it.

Life gives us those God given choices.

All the best, I see our conversations are nearing the end ecco, with a small e. So stay safe, stay happy, may life give you all you desire.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do you understand what you write?

First, you assert that you know the reason women are kept out of UHJ.

Then you write that the wisdom will be known (implying it is not known).

I see that you wrote "Faith" with a capital "F". Was that a Freudian slip?

I suppose when one cannot actually justify one's views, then one has to accept that one's views are based on nothing but Faith.

True faith teaches by Itself.

It is a God given Law. Does a person that is a beleiver in God and the Messenger need any other proofs?

God does as God wills. Meanwhile women in the Baha'i Faith do practice full equality with men, in the knowledge that why there is a God given Law that only men are to be elected on to the Universal House of Justice will be more widely known in the future.

That is where I will cease the explanation, it is simple, it is a God given law and full submission unto God's will is the purpose of true Faith. I imagine and do offer the thought, that submission unto this law is a great bounty for women.

Regards Tony

Last edited: