• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Travel good for the soul

JIMMY12345

This forum attracts people interested in Geopolitics.Most people would love to visit India,USA,China and this in the past tense Russia.

Where have you been and where would you like to go?
The crucial bit include if you can - what did you learn/hope to learn from travel?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
This forum attracts people interested in Geopolitics.Most people would love to visit India,USA,China and this in the past tense Russia.

The crucial bit include if you can - what did you learn/hope to learn from travel?
I have been to all European countries except for Great Britain, Spain and Portugal.

I been to Russia, Thailand and Philipines

I learned that people are friendly and welcoming no matter where I travel.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
The only place in the OP I've visited is the US.

Australia, New Zealand, India, and Scotland used to be on my bucket list, but I've lost the motivation to travel at some point along the way.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
UK (used to live there), France (i do live there), Italy+, Germany+, Switzerland, Sweden*, Bulgaria, Rhodes, Russia*, Australia*, China*, Turkey*, Japan*, Thailand*, America+, Brazil*, India+, South Africa.

* For businesses.
+ For both business and separately for leasure.

Culture may be different but people are people everywhere.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member

I've been to USA, spent about 18 months there in 3 month lots because my wife is originally from there. Also been to Fiji, Vanuatu and New Caledonia (technically France I guess?) primarily to bird watch. Lots of desperately poor people in Fiji and Vanuatu, I found myself buying stuff I didn't want just to try and help in a small way. Only thing I learnt was I could never live in the U.S., too many people and also learnt some nerdy bird stuff in all the countries.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

Visited Spain, Venezuela, Peru, Ecuador, England, Puerto Rico, the Islands in the Caribbean and Honduras. Each beautiful (as were the people) in their own way.

Would like to visit countries in the EU and Israel.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I'm done traveling, although there is more of Europe I'd have liked to have seen. We chose more exotic destinations

Here's a sampling

Tahiti
Iceland
Costa Rica
Cozumel
Brunei
Vietnam
Philippines
China
Bali
Kenya
Tunisia
Paris

Funny anecdote. We saw Ho Chi Minh City (formerly Saigon) for about 24 hours on a cruise of the South China Sea. We arrived noonish, and spent the afternoon on a tour of rural Vietnam. The following morning, before leaving port, we toured the city, including the famous US evacuation site.

Years later, I was on another cruise with a high-strung, retired Army colonel, who sat at our table several evenings. He was quite the hawk, reveling over former glory, bragging that he did two tours of 'Nam. Think something like this blowhard:

upload_2022-5-2_10-13-55.jpeg

Regarding his two tours of 'NAM, I couldn't resist, so I told him, "So did I - a countryside tour in the afternoon and a tour of the city in the morning." He was not amused. He tensed up and a vein started protruding on his forehead.

Sorry, I forgot to answer this earlier (answer added later as an edit). What travel did for me was to make me feel more like a citizen of the world than of a nation. I got to see other ways of living, and some seemed better than what I had. We eventually moved to Mexico based on that understanding, which a change for the better for us.

Another thing I learned was to get my travelling in as young as possible, when the education would be most useful. I was in Tulum or Chichen-Itza near Cancun climbing up a pyramid back when that was still permitted, and I saw the older folks unable to climb those very steep stairs. I had thought that the spending should be deferred until later in life, the money saved instead so that it could compound over decades, but that one day changed my mind.

Last edited:

Gargovic Malkav

The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France, England, Scotland, Greece, Turkey, South Africa, Kenya(though I've only seen its airport because we had to change planes there while on the way to South Africa), and Israel.

Although I enjoyed the experiences in the other countries, I'm not a very adventurous person so I'm not really interested in traveling.
If I wanted to emigrate and start a new life, I think I would want go to Canada or New Zealand.
I like Japan and Mexico too, but I don't think I would want to live there.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

I've been in Canada. Mexico (just across the border), Italy and Japan with an overnight stopover in Hong Kong.

I don't have much of an urge to travel these days so nothing strongly comes to mind.

Canada: Wonderful Edmonton Music Festival - but nothing too unique. Other places were fun but nothing special.

Mexico: Not there long enough to do more than a bit of touristy things so nothing really.

Italy: I learned what old feels like. When I was in the Coliseum I felt it's age which was a surprise. I also experienced the beauty of Catholic church buildings and felt like I had been a Franciscan in a former life when I visited Assisi.

Japan: This was a work trip so I experienced Japanese office life. I also experienced some of the Japanest aesthetics when I visited the Hakone Open Air Museum and experienced how "art" as we think of it can be integrated with gardens.