• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trapped - The Game Thread

Draka

Wonder Woman
I like playing, but I honestly don't think I'd be any good at running a game. I can solve riddles well enough, but coming up with them...that's a whole other thing entirely.

Dream Angel

Brain fart: he said that the letters and numbers were random. Maybe they don't mean anything by themselves. Could it be that the length of each "word" is what matters?

Does 49-50-50-17 mean anything to anyone?

Edit: just going on a blind guess, 49.50 N, 50.17 E is in northwest Kazakhstan and all the other N/S/E/W combinations for that latitude and longitude end up in the ocean. Are there any "hexes" associated with this region?

What about the triangle curse thing in that one ocean??? Bermuda Triangle??

Edit: Sorry just read the rest of thread!

Last edited:

Scruffitude

Scruffy Nerf Herder
Let's recap:
1. We've decoded the hex into the following:
Jung unf sbhe yrtf va gur zbeavat, gjb va gur nsgreabba, naq guerr va gur riravat?
2. I mentioned the character Dr. Remy "Thirteen" Hadley on the TV show House.
3. If you don't figure out what 13 has to do with this, you may rot down here.

Scruffitude

Scruffy Nerf Herder
Let's recap:
1. We've decoded the hex into the following:
Jung unf sbhe yrtf va gur zbeavat, gjb va gur nsgreabba, naq guerr va gur riravat?
2. I mentioned the character Dr. Remy "Thirteen" Hadley on the TV show House.
3. If you don't figure out what 13 has to do with this, you may rot down here.
4. The alphabet has 26 letters. Half of 26 is 13.

Scruffitude

Scruffy Nerf Herder
Well... today's technically the deadline, but it's also a holiday important to people. So consider TOMORROW the real deadline.

Free hint: "gur" = "the"

Scruffitude

Scruffy Nerf Herder
Today is the deadline, and only Draka and Mister Emu managed to solve it.
The hex translated to a cryptogram that, when solved, would've rendered the infamous riddle of the Sphinx: "What has four legs in the morning, two in the afternoon, and three in the evening?"

The answer, of course, is a human being.

Thanks for playing everyone! If enough people are interested, I'll get this going again after the holidays. Otherwise it's probably best to let it die.

Midnight Pete

A light comes on in a chamber nearby. You move towards it, but notice the others hesitating. Within the chamber is a stone column. Embedded in the stone column are four computer monitor screens. Upon each screen is printed a single letter. Clockwise from the front of the column, the letters read: "K", "C", "Y" and "M". Behind the column you see a wall with another computer monitor embedded within. This has a single phrase displayed on it: "Press the letters in the correct order to pass."

What do you do?

I would press them in alphabetical order: C-K-M-Y