• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trapped - The Game Thread

Circle_One

What if it could be an equation we're looking for, not a sentence? Using your hexadecimal theory, we could convert everything into decimals (single numbers), thus counting on the way we form our "number sentence", our answer could be an equation and an answer.....

Just babbling

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
What if it could be an equation we're looking for, not a sentence? Using your hexadecimal theory, we could convert everything into decimals (single numbers), thus counting on the way we form our "number sentence", our answer could be an equation and an answer.....

Just babbling
That could be it, but I already tried doing this in Excel and I found that the numbers are so large that they get rounded off, so we don't have enough digits to get the full decimal number. I'm sure there are other ways we could convert such large numbers from hex to decimal, but it'd take some time to figure out.

Circle_One

I suppose it might be possible to do that, but I don't see how that would be any easier than converting it from hex to decimal.

Because you're taking the hard way around, using the "phrases" as numbers. What if we looked at each number or letter individually. Thus, the first sentence would look like this: 4107561467207561466207362686520797274662076612067757

Replace simply the letters with their hexidecimal equivalents. a=10 b=11 .... etc

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Because you're taking the hard way around, using the "phrases" as numbers. What if we looked at each number or letter individually. Thus, the first sentence would look like this: 4107561467207561466207362686520797274662076612067757

Replace simply the letters with their hexidecimal equivalents. a=10 b=11 .... etc
Oh... I see where you're going.

I guess the whole problem is trying to figure out how Scruffitude was thinking when he came up with the riddle. :D

Scruffitude

Scruffy Nerf Herder
Yup. Maybe that has something to do with what the message says when we decode it.

I think we need a hint.

Well this hint is for free since the "code" displayed incorrectly. Ignore the extra spaces. You're on the right track with trying to decode the hex into something more intelligible...

Draka

Wonder Woman
Oh, and this is our "first part", so I am assuming there is at least one more part to the riddle. How do we answer each part? In thread to share...or via PM? Do we PM our answer to the first part and do the second part via PM entirely? Please tell us how to go about answering this.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Jung unf sbhe yrtf va gur zbeavat, gjb va gur nsgreabba, naq guerr va gur riravat?

Just as I was about to do it manually ;)

edit: still no idea...

Scruffitude

Scruffy Nerf Herder
And we have an early winner... Draka answered correctly so she gets to escape.

For those still working out the answer, and those simply just curious:
I'm not sure if I'll do this again. If enough people want to go again then I will, but it's hard for me to come up with riddles on the fly. If someone else wants to give it a try (say Draka, our early champion), then great.