• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Transgenderism

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I haven’t met anyone who thinks others should not have rights, freedoms, equality or who think the lives of others are an affront to God. Of course, because I don’t know anyone like that doesn’t mean there aren’t people who do think like that. I know there have been people like that throughout time (I.e. Hitler’s thoughts/actions towards especially the Jewish people, as well as homosexuals, physically or mentally handicapped, and others.
In your OP you called their existence an attack on god's creation. and quoted someone who stated that their lives were "lies of the devil".

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I don’t understand why you need to converse in such a nasty way, especially as a staff person. I think I’ve been on this forum for about 12 years. You have shared your beliefs and perspectives over those years with me, which differ from mine, but I have never used derogatory language or curse words in conversations with you.
The word filter did its job, so don’t get your bowels in an uproar and pretend to be offended and self-righteous. Besides, **** is not such a bad word. Be that as it may, I called out made-up bull**** because in all the years I was Christian, and all the people I know who profess Christianity, neither I nor they ever came up with the nonsense and inanity you pack into your passive-aggressive posts against homosexuality, those who don’t believe as you do and how you denigrate others’ beliefs, and now transgenders. Then pretend to be offended. I really don’t know where you come up with this stuff because it’s not biblical nor is it Christianity. I don’t know what it is.

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Once humans believe they can alter who they are by changing their biological gender or sex through thoughts/feelings over physical reality, hormone altering pharmaceutical drugs, and surgeries then body altering with technology will follow. Ultimately, what it means to be a human being will be gone. Although, I don’t think the Creator will let it go that far.
Treating cancer and other diseases, trying to save lives by medical means, altering one’s appearance, and the list goes on, all go against the “creator’s” great design, don’t they? If God so wills I am to die of a brain tumor, the doctors are defying him by treating me and (hopefully) thwarting death. Why is that different from someone feeling they are a mind, soul, personality inhabiting the wrong body? Who are you to speak for God? How dare you? That you can determine what is right or wrong, m’friend, is PRIDE, a sin.

Audie

Veteran Member
I haven’t met anyone who thinks others should not have rights, freedoms, equality or who think the lives of others are an affront to God. Of course, because I don’t know anyone like that doesn’t mean there aren’t people who do think like that. I know there have been people like that throughout time (I.e. Hitler’s thoughts/actions towards especially the Jewish people, as well as homosexuals, physically or mentally handicapped, and others.
Godwins Law says you're out now.

InChrist

Free4ever
You don't know how to recognize when you or others just make
thungs up?
How is it that you are not aware of the technological advances being made towards augmenting the human body?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
The word filter did its job, so don’t get your bowels in an uproar and pretend to be offended and self-righteous. Besides, **** is not such a bad word. Be that as it may, I called out made-up bull**** because in all the years I was Christian, and all the people I know who profess Christianity, neither I nor they ever came up with the nonsense and inanity you pack into your passive-aggressive posts against homosexuality, those who don’t believe as you do and how you denigrate others’ beliefs, and now transgenders. Then pretend to be offended. I really don’t know where you come up with this stuff because it’s not biblical nor is it Christianity. I don’t know what it is.

Winner frubal.

Treating cancer and other diseases, trying to save lives by medical means, altering one’s appearance, and the list goes on, all go against the “creator’s” great design, don’t they? If God so wills I am to die of a brain tumor, the doctors are defying him by treating me and (hopefully) thwarting death. Why is that different from someone feeling they are a mind, soul, personality inhabiting the wrong body? Who are you to speak for God? How dare you? That you can determine what is right or wrong, m’friend, is PRIDE, a sin.

And another winner frubal.

Audie

Veteran Member
Very incisive, well said.

InChrist

Free4ever
In your OP you called their existence an attack on god's creation. and quoted someone who stated that their lives were "lies of the devil".
No, I didn’t. I said “transgenderism” meaning I was referring to the concept or the ideology as an attack on God’s creation. I was not referring to individuals. It’s no different than saying “Calvinism” meaning the theology or doctrines are an attack on the Bible. Not referring to individual Calvinists.

Last edited:

Audie

Veteran Member
How is it that you are not aware of the technological advances being made towards augmenting the human body?

Are you never aware that you make things up?

And that you've godwined?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
No, I didn’t. I said “transgenderism” meaning I was referring to the concept or the ideology as an attack on God’s creation. I was not referring to individuals. It’s no different than saying “Calvinism” meaning the theology or doctrines are an attack in the Bible. Not referring to individual Calvinists.
Being gay or transgendered isn't an ideology; it's intrinsic.

InChrist

Free4ever
You are correct; there are many medical advances which can save and enhance life. I am not totally opposed to such things across the board. I’m just pointing out that there are and likely will be more pros and cons to technological augmentations to the human body. Now to your other point/question- why is that different from someone feeling they are a mind, soul, personality inhabiting the wrong body?
First, I don’t think feelings are reliable and can lead anyone to make some regrettable decisions. But may I ask you why wouldn’t it be a better option to help someone feel comfortable and at peace with the body they already have, rather than the person becoming dependent on strong hormones, dealing with side effects, or removing healthy body parts, then having to medically deal with the long term implications?
I am not speaking for God, nor determining right or wrong anymore than the next person. I’m just expressing my thoughts on a forum like everyone else.
I agree that pride is a sin. That’s what the biblical scriptures express and it seems created beings attempting to play God is one of the most prideful practices. From my perspective, attempting to alter the sex of the biological human body is humanity trying to play God.
Before you get mad, I do realize there are different views and you and others don’t agree with mine. Just sharing my thoughts. Isn’t that what this friendly forum is about?

InChrist

Free4ever
Being gay or transgendered isn't an ideology; it's intrinsic.
It certainly may be intrinsic in some situations, but I think there is an ideology with regard to the trans movement at work also impacting many confused and insecure youth.

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
First, I don’t think feelings are reliable and can lead anyone to make some regrettable decisions. But may I ask you why wouldn’t it be a better option to help someone feel comfortable and at peace with the body they already have, rather than the person becoming dependent on strong hormones, dealing with side effects, or removing healthy body parts, then having to medically deal with the long term implications?
You don’t know whether feelings are reliable until you live in someone’s head.. You think that transgenders don’t go through extensive psychological testing and therapies. You think they just get a prescription for hormone treatments, lop off body parts or make others with Silly Putty? You think that’s on a whim? You know nothing. So I invite you to stop making all these asinine and inane assumptions and judgments.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
You don’t know whether feelings are reliable until you live in someone’s head.. You think that transgenders don’t go through extensive psychological testing and therapies. You think they just get a prescription for hormone treatments, lop off body parts or make others with Silly Putty? You think that’s on a whim? You know nothing. So I invite you to stop making all these asinine and inane assumptions and judgments.

The last word you use in your post is the most telling...

InChrist

Free4ever
How do you know I know nothing?

InChrist

Free4ever
I am not easily offended. I would have left this place a long time ago, if I was. I just wondered why you needed to respond in a such a nasty way. I realize cursing is commonplace now, but for me it’s not and never was even before I became a Christian.
Anyway, what do you mean by nonsense or stuff that’s not biblical or Christian?