• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Transgenderism

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
the idea of transgenderism as an attack by Satan against God’s designed creation of human beings.
You know for a fact what God’s full design plan is? You give Satan too much credit for overriding whatever plan God had/has. If God’s plan is so important why is he so willing to give it up so easily? It would seem he just doesn’t care. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again … Christians are the only religious group so fixated on and obsessed with Satan, demons, and evil, and why evil occurs. Not to mention what they consider evil, which is just about everything. Seemingly God is not so in-control if his plan can be so easily corrupted. Or he stepped away long ago, letting whatever he set in motion to play out.

Treasure Hunter

Seemingly God is not so in-control if his plan can be so easily corrupted. Or he stepped away long ago, letting whatever he set in motion to play out.
Yes, this is how the story goes. The father fails, which is why he sends down the best part of himself, the son, into the world in order to do the father’s will of establishing his kingdom on earth.

Or is the son cast out of heaven above down into the fallen world because he is not truly a child of life? “Father, why have you forsaken me?” It is ambiguous. That is where faith plays its part.

Apostle John

“Go ahead, look up Revelation 6”
What does that have to do with what I posted?
So you meant why doesn’t God stop the attack and not cure it. I think the statistics are too low for it being a problem to God. But the statistics are high enough for it to be also an attack on the credibility of the evolution theory.

What about those who believe "Satan" is probably symbolic for that which is in us? Seems that you skirted around that point.
I think I answered it fully by inferring Satan is a real being, only one being. Satan isn’t a symbol.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
But the statistics are high enough for it to be also an attack on the credibility of the evolution theory.
Really? And you can supposedly show us that? Go for it.
I think I answered it fully by inferring Satan is a real being, only one being. Satan isn’t a symbol.
And you supposedly know that how? "Belief" I understand, but "know" is a totally different animal.

And if you believe that Satan has the power of his own domain, congrats as you've just slipped into polytheism. ;)

Apostle John

Really? And you can supposedly show us that? Go for it.
A general perusal of western society along with internet searches of stats show homosexuality is well over 10% of the population. Whether that is a sign natural reproduction is undesired for most of them is a different matter. But that level of homosexuality shows the evolution theory is suspect.

And if you believe that Satan has the power of his own domain, congrats as you've just slipped into polytheism. ;)
I believe what the Bible says. Satan always consults God and asks His permission before doing anything.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
A general perusal of western society along with internet searches of stats show homosexuality is well over 10% of the population. Whether that is a sign natural reproduction is undesired for most of them is a different matter. But that level of homosexuality shows the evolution theory is suspect.

I believe what the Bible says. Satan always consults God and asks His permission before doing anything.

Evidence of your idea that it is suspect.

Treasure Hunter

I think it’s important to realize that the Father and Satan are not actively conspiring with each other. The Father grants Satan a portion of his kingdom - life, title, power, etc, but he and Satan are in opposition. Satan is the “one who opposes” (the will of the Father).

InChrist

Free4ever
You don't get to do something and then claim yiu didn't. You did.
What I did was highlight one major and current aspect of satan’s attack against humanity. Like I said the next “trans” will be transhumanism; merging humans with technology. Once people are convinced they can renounce their bodies’ basis in biology, and instead create their own identity apart from their physical human body, then merging with machines will be the next easy step.

InChrist

Free4ever
You know for a fact what God’s full design plan is? You give Satan too much credit for overriding whatever plan God had/has. If God’s plan is so important why is he so willing to give it up so easily? It would seem he just doesn’t care. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again … Christians are the only religious group so fixated on and obsessed with Satan, demons, and evil, and why evil occurs. Not to mention what they consider evil, which is just about everything. Seemingly God is not so in-control if his plan can be so easily corrupted. Or he stepped away long ago, letting whatever he set in motion to play out.
Christians are not (or shouldn’t be) fixated, nor obsessed with demonic spirits. Yet, it’s not only important, but wise to be aware of the real battle going on and who one’s enemy is. The biblical scriptures provide that information, as well as the reality that this is a fallen world corrupted by sin. God is not stopping it, rather letting the consequences of sin play out for all to see. God is calling anyone who desires to be saved and delivered from corruption into an eternal life of pure love, peace, joy and beauty through Jesus Christ.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Christians are not (or shouldn’t be) fixated, nor obsessed with demonic spirits. Yet, it’s not only important, but wise to be aware of the real battle going on and who one’s enemy is. The biblical scriptures provide that information, as well as the reality that this is a fallen world corrupted by sin. God is not stopping it, rather letting the consequences of sin play out for all to see. God is calling anyone who desires to be saved and delivered from corruption into an eternal life of pure love, peace, joy and beauty through Jesus Christ.

Yeah, I have a different faith.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

Nearly every fictional story features a triumphant hero (or heroes) and an evil nemesis against whom the hero must fight and defeat. In the Bible, the triumphant heroes are God and Jesus, and the evil nemesis is Satan, who is portrayed as the villain. In my opinion, the Bible is just one of many ancient texts that contain unbelievable mythical stories, such as a talking serpent, a talking donkey, and a man who lived for three days in the belly of a big fish.

Treasure Hunter

Nearly every fictional story features a triumphant hero (or heroes) and an evil nemesis against whom the hero must fight and defeat. In the Bible, the triumphant heroes are God and Jesus, and the evil nemesis is Satan, who is portrayed as the villain. In my opinion, the Bible is just one of many ancient texts that contain unbelievable mythical stories, such as a talking serpent, a talking donkey, and a man who lived for three days in the belly of a big fish.
It’s fascinating to me how people conclude that universality makes stories less likely to be real. Perhaps the spirit of truth is revealing the one true story throughout various cultures and various time periods?

Soandso

What I did was highlight one major and current aspect of satan’s attack against humanity. Like I said the next “trans” will be transhumanism; merging humans with technology. Once people are convinced they can renounce their bodies’ basis in biology, and instead create their own identity apart from their physical human body, then merging with machines will be the next easy step.

To what ends?

TLK Valentine

Read the books that others would burn.
I agree, as a Christian, transgenderism is an attack by Satan. I’m not saying it’s a disease/illness as homosexuality has been classed as in the past but I do believe Satan has had a hand in attacking God’s creation.

I think you're not giving Magnus Hirschfeld, Stanley Biber, Elmer Belt, and Harold Gillies (among others) the credit they deserve.

TLK Valentine

Read the books that others would burn.

Sign me up for that - if I can have my phone implanted, I'll never worry about misplacing it again.

And we're already creating identities apart from our physical human bodies -- or do you think that profile picture really is me?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
What I did was highlight one major and current aspect of satan’s attack against humanity.
Yes, which is disrespecting trans people and saying they are inherently Satanic.
Like I said the next “trans” will be transhumanism; merging humans with technology.
We've been doing that for a long time. Like how things like writing and clothing have allowed us to transcend our natural limits and go further and do more than what nature on its own gave us. Pacemakers amd contact lenses, prosthetic limbs ans nueral implants, this is just nothing new, esoecially in medicine where these developments help overcome disability.

Apostle John

I think you're not giving Magnus Hirschfeld, Stanley Biber, Elmer Belt, and Harold Gillies (among others) the credit they deserve.
Why would I? They have no relation to the context of my post and none of them would be able to say what causes homosexuality or transgenderism.