• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Iranian General Killed in Airstrike

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
What's the second largest city in Iran? I would suggest those Iranians whose intent is to take it out on Israel remember that Israel possesses nuclear weapons. :oops:

mojtaba

Soleymani was a so good man.

He battled with ISIS until their destruction.

May God bless him.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
The strike was retaliation for the US embassy attack in Bagdad.

The message was/is clear. "Don't ever **** with Americans, or we will **** you up".

Funny on how anti Trump'ers conveniently left that particular aspect out.

Not surprised though.
Bagdad isn't in Iran. Funny how the trumpettes pontificate on geopolitics without a basic grasp of geography.

Kangaroo Feathers

Ah liberals freaking out yet when Obama did stuff like this... crickets.
When did Obama assassinate a high official of a sovereign nation? Do please tell...

Oh? What's that? Your silly knee jerk tu quoque was baseless and ad hoced? Because "nuh-uh you did" is the closest thing to informed political discussion in the tribal right echo-chamber? Understood.

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
This must have happened in recent hours; it is all over Brit News at 0500 hrs GMT.

I offer the first two reports from google.
The links need to be copied and then pasted in to your search engines to work.

Top Iranian general Qassem Soleimani killed in U.S. airstrike ...

https://www.haaretz.com › middle-east-news › four-rockets-hit-military-ba...1 hour ago - Pentagon, Iran Revolutionary Guards confirmed the attack, in which ... Top Iranian General Qassem Soleimani Killed in U.S. Airstrike in Iraq.

U.S. airstrike kills top Iran general, Qassim Suleimani, at ...

https://www.nbcnews.com › news › world › airstrike-kills-top-iran-general...
3 hours ago - A U.S. airstrike killed Iranian Qods Force commander Qassim Suleimani near Baghdad International Airport. Iraqi militia commander Abu Mahdi ...

Well, I guess the key point is that the air strike was still within Iraqi territory, so they didn't have to violate Iranian airspace to carry it out. The headline made it appear as if the US launched an airstrike against Iran.

Kangaroo Feathers

Well, I guess the key point is that the air strike was still within Iraqi territory, so they didn't have to violate Iranian airspace to carry it out. The headline made it appear as if the US launched an airstrike against Iran.
What would you call a targeted strike against an Iranian official? If Iran killed Trump while he was visiting somewhere outside the US, would that not be an attack on the US? "Oh, but the airstrike was in New Zealand, not the US, therefore America can't get mad", think that would fly?

Kangaroo Feathers

Of course,it's already been happening before this.
Frankly, I'm suprised Bolton didn't get his war over that extremely suspicious tanker and subsequent drone incident. One of the very few things trump has done that I approve of was deescalating after that and calling off planned airstrikes. I may have offered praise to soon.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
He has wanted trouble ever since he smashed the deal with Iran that President Obama helped to set up. That started to knock down the dominoes......... all the way to this.

Bagdad isn't in Iran. Funny how the trumpettes pontificate on geopolitics without a basic grasp of geography.

When Iran's top ranking general Qaseml Suliemani was still alive, he organized militia attacks on the American embassy in Iraq; this is why our commander and chief Donald J. Trump had ordered a U.S. drone attack be appropriately done to kill Iran's top general.

mojtaba

When Iran's top ranking general Qaseml Suliemani was still alive, he organized militia attacks on the American embassy in Iraq; this is why our commander and chief Donald J. Trump had ordered a U.S. drone attack be appropriately done to kill Iran's top general.
This is not true. Soleimani never did that.

Here is saying of Khamenei about this issue:
Now, the remarkable thing is that when such events happen for the Americans—you see the extent of anti-Americanism in Baghdad and all over Iraq—again he [the American president] tweeted that they blame Iran for it and will respond to Iran. First of all, you have no right to do so (addressing the Americans). Secondly, be logical, but you are not. The people of this region hate the U.S. government. You, Americans, killed the people and committed crimes in Iraq and Afghanistan. The Iraqis, Syrians, and Afghanis hate the Americans, and that hatred will be manifested somewhere. This hatred is the result of America's political and security movement in the region.

Source: The U.S. is taking revenge on Hashd al-Sha’bi for defeating ISIS

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Gaddafi comes to mind.

Obama: Gaddafi death is warning to iron-fist rulers

Not that his loss would be particularly grevious to a fair number of people, but damm... they had to kill the hippiest dictator that had a passion for fashion?

Gaddafi did look pretty cool in sunglasses.

gaddafi.gif

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
What would you call a targeted strike against an Iranian official? If Iran killed Trump while he was visiting somewhere outside the US, would that not be an attack on the US? "Oh, but the airstrike was in New Zealand, not the US, therefore America can't get mad", think that would fly?

I didn't say that they couldn't get mad. But it largely depends on the Iraqi government, since it was within their territory. Why was an Iranian general in Iraq in the first place? If the Iranians are operating militias and interfering within Iraqi internal affairs, then they're not exactly innocent bystanders. (Of course, neither are we, but that's another matter.)

I wouldn't consider it analogous to assassinating a head of state. We've had US servicemen attacked by terrorists and insurgents, though. I don't recall if they ever went after a general (or someone at equivalent rank), but if they did, that would be analogous. They have attacked ambassadors and embassies, though. When the Iranians attacked the US embassy in 1979, America certainly got mad, but we didn't go to war over it. (Although 20/20 hindsight, if we had gone to war with Iran back then, we wouldn't be having to deal with these problems now.)

We took out Yamamoto's plane in WW2, which was effectively an assassination.

ecco

Veteran Member
This is not true. Soleimani never did that.

Here is saying of Khamenei about this issue:
Now, the remarkable thing is that when such events happen for the Americans... in the region.

Source: The U.S. is taking revenge on Hashd al-Sha’bi for defeating ISIS

Qasem Soleimani: Who was the Iranian commander killed by US airstrike? - CNN
The Pentagon says Soleimani and his troops were "responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American and coalition service members and the wounding of thousands more."
Known as Iran's "shadow commander," Soleimani -- who had led the Quds Force since 1998 -- was the mastermind of Iranian military operations in Iraq and Syria.
US officials believe that during the Iraq war, it was Soleimani's units that provided Iraqi insurgents with specially made bombs that could penetrate armor, a deadly weapon against American forces -- a claim Iran denied.

Why would you believe the words of an Iranian official over the words of US Government officials?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
If that is what you think is a key point then you need to listen to what the world is saying about all this.
To kill this general who fought alongside US forces against the Taliban and in Syria has been a very very bad idea. Very bad. Let's wait and see how much damage this will cause, and how many thousands of US expats it has put in danger.
:shrug: