• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 5 Conceptions About Religion

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
..........Separation of Church and State is very much necessary. But the implementations are often a bit on the naive or at least wishful side.

I find the Bible agrees with you about 'separation of church and state' at 2 Chronicles 26:16-21
The kings ( political ) were Not to interfere with the priests ( religious ) duties and vice versa.
Only God's Kingdom ( thy kingdom come.... ) will implement that perfectly.
Perfectly because Jesus is King of God's Kingdom and has kings and priests co-ruling with him - Revelation 5:9-10
The kings will take care of governmental responsibilities towards people living on Earth.
The priests will take care of spiritual duties towards people living on Earth.
- Matthew 5:5; Psalms 37:9-11, 29

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
No argument from me on that. Children are easy targets and tend to believe their parents/teachers without question. Not sure what it has to do with what I posted though.
An inquiring mind wants to know.
I was rather young when the priest read to be in fear of him who can kill both body and soul.
I thought why are they teaching the soul can't be killed when Jesus is saying the soul can be killed ?
By the time I was pre-teen I was convinced in my mind 'church ' teachings were often wrong.
At age 20 when I started to seriously read the Bible I was amazed that people (includes adults) don't have questions that they want answered.
So, apparently it is Not just children but their parents that tend to believe without question ( questioning ).
Accepting credulity (blind faith) as being faith.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I'm not familiar with it.
But I observe how it's typically practiced today.
And there are those Bible stories & commandments
I keep hearing about. Who is to say what is corrupted,
& what is cromulent, eh.
For me, what Jesus says is what is or is not corrupted/ cromulent .
The fake ' weed/tares' Christians who out number the genuine 'wheat' Christians is what you see practiced today.
Not Bible but 'church' customs, church traditions taught and practiced as being Scripture but No being Scriptural.
We can hear (read) about Jesus' New Commandment found at John 13:34-35 to have the same self-sacrificing love for others as Jesus has.
In other words, we are to love neighbor more than self, more than what is called the Golden Rule.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
For me, what Jesus says is what is or is not corrupted/ cromulent .
The fake ' weed/tares' Christians who out number the genuine 'wheat' Christians is what you see practiced today.
Not Bible but 'church' customs, church traditions taught and practiced as being Scripture but No being Scriptural.
We can hear (read) about Jesus' New Commandment found at John 13:34-35 to have the same self-sacrificing love for others as Jesus has.
In other words, we are to love neighbor more than self, more than what is called the Golden Rule.
I'm in no position to discuss the origins of Christianity.
(I gots no religious learn'n.)