• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tomāto Tomäto

Eyes to See

I was sitting outside contemplating the beauty of the sunset over the ocean last night when it came to me that when a human artist creates a work of art they usually like to sign it and make it known that it is their work.

Every day I try and take time to contemplate the beautiful works of nature I see all around me. The flowers, the animals, the sky, the moon, the stars in the heavens. And I contemplated you know, God isn't so full of himself that he doesn't go hanging "bought to you by your God Jehovah" on each and every beautiful and precious thing that he has created. And his work of art is superlative, beyond compare. A humble, loving God, full of artistry that inspires art within us all, whether it be music, poetry, painting.

Creation is a beautiful and fathomless book of knowledge. We are told that everything God has made beautiful in its time.

There is soo much God has already created that we are told that even if a man were to live forever he would never be able to discover all of his works from their start to their finish.

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has even put eternity in their heart; yet mankind will never find out the work that the true God has made from start to finish.-Ecclesiastes 3:11.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
So, you're a pantheist? I have no beef with pantheists or deists. They don't make unscientific claims or demand special treatment. They make good neighbours.
Hmmmmm, I find this odd.

From what I've read, and I could be wrong, Pantheism includes a lot of things. ALOT. Including those who make unscientific claims and demand special treatment. I have no idea how prevalent this is, perhaps all pantheists are ethical and moral. But on paper, it allows for anything. Immoral and Unethical just as much if not more than moral and immoral behavior.

Disclaimer: I'm a PanEntheist, so, I naturally have issues with Pantheism. Pantheists and PanEntheists are naturally opposed to each other. So, please don't take my criticisms too seriously. I'm super biased on the subject.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I think the universe is transcendent.i'm not sure what I would be called
If the universe is God in your belief, and if the Universe is both transcendent and immanent... that's PanEntheism, not PanTheism.

Besides, have you heard of the greek god Pan? as in Pan-Theism: Two hoofed feat like a goat... people worship him during sex rituals....

Pan (god) - Wikipedia

I wouldn't want to be involved in something that even resembles that... but, that's just me, to each there own among consenting adults. And Pan worship is certainly included in Pantheism. It's polytheistic. The ones I know are very very into the controversial practice of channeling. They believe that Elohim ( plural ) are alien beings who communicate thru human channels and teach us inner truths.

There's videos out there, I can direct you via PM. But, it is disturbing to watch someone channel like that.

King Phenomenon

If the universe is God in your belief, and if the Universe is both transcendent and immanent... that's PanEntheism, not PanTheism.

Besides, have you heard of the greek god Pan? as in Pan-Theism: Two hoofed feat like a goat... people worship him during sex rituals....

Pan (god) - Wikipedia

I wouldn't want to be involved in something that even resembles that... but, that's just me, to each there own among consenting adults. And Pan worship is certainly included in Pantheism. It's polytheistic. The ones I know are very very into the controversial practice of channeling. They believe that Elohim ( plural ) are alien beings who communicate thru human channels and teach us inner truths.

There's videos out there, I can direct you via PM. But, it is disturbing to watch someone channel like that.
Neoplatonic or emanationistic pantheism
God
is absolute in all respects, remote from the world and transcendent over it. This view is like classical theism except that, rather than saying that God is the cause of the world, it holds that the world is an emanation of God, occurring by means of intermediaries.
Just looked this up. isn't cause and emanation the same thing? I do believe God is the cause of everything

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
God
is absolute in all respects, remote from the world and transcendent over it. This view is like classical theism except that, rather than saying that God is the cause of the world, it holds that the world is an emanation of God, occurring by means of intermediaries.
Just looked this up. isn't cause and emanation the same thing? I do believe God is the cause of everything
OKie Dokie, you're describing Deism. Pantheism is not a good fit because you said "remote from the world"

That rules out both Pantheism and PanEnthiesm.

Deism. Has anyone mentioned it to you?

Does that help? It's not Tomato/Tomahto anymore. She's an organic, home-grown fresh picked Heriloom tomato.... in other words Deism. ( Bad analogy, I know, just roll with it. )

King Phenomenon

God
Just looked this up. isn't cause and emanation the same thing? I do believe God is the cause of everything. So I'm still unsure of what I would be called

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I'm not sure I know what you mean because the definition in my last text that I found on Google there it says neo pantheism is described as remote from the world
You know more than me on this subject.

I'd trust your sources on this rather than my speculation. My objection to Pantheism as it is often portrayed here, on RF, is that it allows for pleasure seeking at the expense of others with very little consent.

Even something like giving someone a frube, by certain pantheists, would be considered consent to manipulation and exploitation. I saw it happen in another forum. And I hope it doesn't happen here in the eros room or any of the other private fora on this website.