• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tomāto Tomäto

King Phenomenon

You know more than me on this subject.

I'd trust your sources on this rather than my speculation. My objection to Pantheism as it is often portrayed here, on RF, is that it allows for pleasure seeking at the expense of others with very little consent.

Even something like giving someone a frube, by certain pantheists, would be considered consent to manipulation and exploitation. I saw it happen in another forum. And I hope it doesn't happen here in the eros room or any of the other private fora on this website.
Yeah I deleted this remark because I do know what you mean I was just reading it wrong. So what would I be labeled if I believe that God is remote and also interacts with the universe ?
If there is such a label

King Phenomenon

If the universe is God in your belief, and if the Universe is both transcendent and immanent... that's PanEntheism, not PanTheism.

Besides, have you heard of the greek god Pan? as in Pan-Theism: Two hoofed feat like a goat... people worship him during sex rituals....

Pan (god) - Wikipedia

I wouldn't want to be involved in something that even resembles that... but, that's just me, to each there own among consenting adults. And Pan worship is certainly included in Pantheism. It's polytheistic. The ones I know are very very into the controversial practice of channeling. They believe that Elohim ( plural ) are alien beings who communicate thru human channels and teach us inner truths.

There's videos out there, I can direct you via PM. But, it is disturbing to watch someone channel like that.
Yeah I think panentheism would be a good way to describe what I believe however I think gods influence over the universe would be unobservable but factual none the less

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I call it God. You call it the universe. Tomāto Tomäto
Which, so far as I can see, only says that you assign it a "personality" where others don't.

So...what's this "personality" all about? What does it want? What's its favourite food, or music or art? Does it like some parts of its creation more than other parts? Why or why not, if it created all of it?