• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To My Fellow Americans or USAians (to be PC)

Laika

Premium Member
Best Wishes from Blighty my American cousins! Happy Treason Day! :D

00-us-government-shutdown-01-time-to-reclaim-the-colonies-04-10-131.jpg

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Best Wishes from Blighty my American cousins! Happy Treason Day! :D

00-us-government-shutdown-01-time-to-reclaim-the-colonies-04-10-131.jpg

Okay, I'm open to negotiations. We'll recognize your claim so long as you guys forgive the back taxes and replace our tea.

pearl

"Celebration of Trump?" Must we politicize and partisanize a holiday that was here before him and will be around long after the worms have picked his bones clean?

According to Trump it is his parade, his generals, his military etc. These are ours, the American peoples' he simply has a short term command.

Obsydian

Well-Used Member
USAians isn't bad, it doesn't have much of a ring to it. At a former forum I used frequent, an Aussie said we should refer to ourselves as United Statesmen.

dianaiad

"Celebration of Trump?" Must we politicize and partisanize a holiday that was here before him and will be around long after the worms have picked his bones clean?
Yes. They must. Those who oppose Trump cannot let anything pass.

And I don't get it. I opposed Obama and Clinton, but I still celebrated the national holidays and enjoyed their speeches. Ah, well.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

And I don't get it. I opposed Obama and Clinton, but I still celebrated the national holidays and enjoyed their speeches. Ah, well.

It's not the left that's conflating patriotism with praising the president. Some here have even equated questioning his decisions with "hating America."

dianaiad

It's not the left that's conflating patriotism with praising the president. Some here have even equated questioning his decisions with "hating America."

No, m'dear. I equate hating America with hating America. I have questioned a few of Trump's decisions.

but I haven't met a liberal (read, Democrat) yet who doesn't think that ANYTHING Trump does is good, or that America isn't the villain of the globe, with Trump, as president, the equal of Hitler on steroids. Very loud about it.

Shoot, a knitting site I have been a member of for a decade has just decided that it will not allow ANY support of Trump, in ANY way. No mention of him or his administration...unless it is negative...allowed. One woman was just banned because her avatar had Betsy Ross's version of the flag.

It is utterly amazing how one can tell whether someone is liberal (read, 'Democrat') or not, simply by whether they approve/support this website's action here.

BTW, I deleted my account with it...

but I would have done that had it decided to ban any NEGATIVE words about Trump...or conservatives.

But I really haven't seen a liberal who doesn't equate praising anything Trump has ever done with hating America. Seems to me that 'hating America' is the new PC.

I mean, really....haven't you been paying attention to the Fourth of July parades and celebrations? Who is happy about this...

................and who is demonstrating and being snarky?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
No, m'dear. I equate hating America with hating America. I have questioned a few of Trump's decisions.

but I haven't met a liberal (read, Democrat) yet who doesn't think that ANYTHING Trump does is good, or that America isn't the villain of the globe, with Trump, as president, the equal of Hitler on steroids. Very loud about it.

Shoot, a knitting site I have been a member of for a decade has just decided that it will not allow ANY support of Trump, in ANY way. No mention of him or his administration...unless it is negative...allowed. One woman was just banned because her avatar had Betsy Ross's version of the flag.

It is utterly amazing how one can tell whether someone is liberal (read, 'Democrat') or not, simply by whether they approve/support this website's action here.

BTW, I deleted my account with it...

but I would have done that had it decided to ban any NEGATIVE words about Trump...or conservatives.

But I really haven't seen a liberal who doesn't equate praising anything Trump has ever done with hating America. Seems to me that 'hating America' is the new PC.

I mean, really....haven't you been paying attention to the Fourth of July parades and celebrations? Who is happy about this...

................and who is demonstrating and being snarky?
This started during the Bush administration I think...no actually all political parties have been doing it for hundreds of years. Nasty! Its always very nasty, and they've always accused their opponents of whatever they could, whatever would rouse the most suspicion.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

You do realize I vehemently hate and utterly despise Trump, dont you?