• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To Christians

Corban

This is a question to those who call themselves Christians. What do you believe will happen to other Christians who do not believe the way you do? If you are catholic, what of non-catholics, if baptist, what of non-baptists, if methodist what of non-methodis, and so on.

dan

Corban, no matter what they think about other religions, they're all pretty sure we're going straight to Hell.

Corban

So is it that people don't know, or don't care? why has no one answered, it's a pretty simple question.

Hope

Princesinha
Corban said:
This is a question to those who call themselves Christians. What do you believe will happen to other Christians who do not believe the way you do? If you are catholic, what of non-catholics, if baptist, what of non-baptists, if methodist what of non-methodis, and so on.
What will happen???? Happen as in how? I personally don't care what you call yourself, what denomination you are in, whether you are Catholic or Protestant, or whatever. Whether or not you are a true believer is between you and God. I think it's so sad that Christendom is divided over so many truly petty doctrinal arguments.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member

No matter the denomination a true christian should have no worries about the after-life.

Scott1

1260 "Since Christ died for all, and since all men are in fact called to one and the same destiny, which is divine, we must hold that the Holy Spirit offers to all the possibility of being made partakers, in a way known to God, of the Paschal mystery." Every man who is ignorant of the Gospel of Christ and of his Church, but seeks the truth and does the will of God in accordance with his understanding of it, can be saved. It may be supposed that such persons would have desired Baptism explicitly if they had known its necessity.

Corban

Mister Emu said:
No matter the denomination a true christian should have no worries about the after-life.

then who is a true Christian? if each denomination believes differently about Christ, then they believe in a different Christ, because Christ is perfect and unchanging, and they therefore can not all be true Christians.

supertech

What about billions of non-believers in asia? Are they doomed? Would a loving and all knowing God forbid them to enter heaven because they were never taught? Why are 80% of the worlds children dying of starvation? Is the suffering of children pleasing to this christian god? I could come up with a better and more humane plan if I was a god. How many Catholics re-wrote the bible to please their desires before it ended up the 'King James Version? I spent a lot of my years believing the Christian faith but at 62 yrs of age reality has me very dissappointed. Evangelists with millions of dollars and local preachers here at home who have never wanted for anything while the congregation gives from their meager salaries because they believe in this Christian God someone created.
This God no one can see or hear but pretend they can--while others do mummblings and pretend to heal the sick. --that would make headlines!
Getting rich while preaching something you yourself don't believe put this religion under the microscope.
There is a basic desire in the human being to have a God--a super being--one who controls life and death. I have one--he has no name--he is mine and only mine--I do not share him with anyone . He doesn't have a book and teaches me to live with decency and common sense at the same time allowing all others their dignity and freedom.. I allow others to have the god of their choice but I feel no PERSON can teach others about a god created by a currupt society for their own personal desires.

meogi

/agree Emu,

Picture Christianity as a giant LAN party. The purpose is to play video games, drink mountain dew, and have fun. Everyone may bring different computers or chose to drink something else, but the basic premises still remain... you're gonna play games and have fun.

Wow, what a nerdy analogy.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Would a loving and all knowing God forbid them to enter heaven because they were never taught?

If you do not hear the word in this life, then you will get the chance upon death whether or not to accept Jesus. This is my belief.

Why are 80% of the worlds children dying of starvation?

Human selfishness, if we weren't we would all be giving money to make sure children anywhere have food, and needed medications, and all the living nessecities.

Is the suffering of children pleasing to this christian god?

No, but He let's man pretty much steer the boat.

but at 62 yrs of age reality has me very dissappointed

Reality does not dissapoint me, I know the reality of God.

because they believe in this Christian God that created everyone.

Fixed it for you :p

pretend to heal the sick. --that would make headlines!

Just because not everyone who claims it can heal the sick does not change that there are faith healings.

supertech

Don't tell me you believe in a religion created by English KIngs, so they could get rid of their old fat wife and marry a nice young fresh one? That's not a religion--thats a dominating politician--almost a dictator. We have those in Canada now.

supertech

I read the word. I was baptised at 35 yrs of age. Accepted Christ the whole thing. Now I see things different--too much corruption in the churches--too much money running the show--too many people starving--It's not right.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, there are many things wrong in the world, the church getting filthy rich for one. Yet this does not change the truth inherent in the Bible. God did create the world. Jesus was the savior who came to wash away our sins in forgiveness.

Hope

Princesinha
Supertech, you don't need to give up on Christ simply because of what you see in so much of modern 'Christendom.' The institution and organization known as the 'church' also disappoints me greatly. Many, many Christians have disappointed me. But Jesus has not disappointed me so far--and my faith is in Him, not in organized religion. :)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Hope said:
Many, many Christians have disappointed me. But Jesus has not disappointed me so far--and my faith is in Him, not in organized religion. :)

Hope put it beautifully! Organized religion is almost automatically destined for badness, but spirituality isn't. And the Christians (among so many others in this wonderful forum) I've been meeting here have done nothing but exemplify the beauty of Divinity, however one chooses to see It. Don't put your faith in people, put your faith in Spirit. Then begin allowing yourself to put your faith in people. 'Cuz then if they disappoint, you'll still love Spirit!