• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Three Days and Three Nights

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey,
re: "My point is that as Jesus was to show 'Sign of Jonah' then he was to enter alive in the tomb, remain alive in the tomb and come out of the tomb alive as did Jonah. The similarity of Jesus and Jonah is in not dying all along and against all odds."

That is an issue for a different topic. Why don't you start one.
As long as it relates to Jesus, Jonah, Sign of Jonah, it relates here, I understand.
Else one can start the thread, please. Right?

Regards

rstrats

paarsurrey,
re: "As long as it relates to Jesus, Jonah, Sign of Jonah, it relates here..."

Actually, it doesn't. This topic is concerned with one issue, and only one issue - the commonality of saying that a daytime or a night time would be involved with an event when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could occur.

You can start a new topic if you want to discuss other issues.

rstrats

In post #302, the phrase "instances where a daytime or a night time was forecast or said to be involved with an event when no part of the daytime and/or no part of the night time could have occurred." should be changed to read "instances where a daytime or a night time was forecast or said to be involved with an event when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could have occurred".

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I don't agree with one.

As long as it relates to Jesus, Jonah, Sign of Jonah, it relates here, I understand.

Regards

rstrats

Regards

You understand incorrectly. Again, this topic is concerned with one issue, and only one issue - the commonality of saying that a daytime or a night time would be involved with an event when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could occur. You can start a new topic if you want to talk about other issues.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
One may like to read my post #1693which has a relevance here as it shows Jesus was in near-dead position being severely injured on the Cross but delivered from it very much alive and was put in the tomb in near-dead position as was Jonah in the belly of the fish, please. Right?

Regards

rstrats

And remember, that "someone new" needs to be someone who believes the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week with a 1st day of the week resurrection, and who thinks that the "heart of the earth" is referring to the tomb, and who tries to explain the lack of a 3rd night by saying that the Messiah was employing common figure of speech/colloquial language of the period.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
One may like to read my post #1693which has a relevance here as it shows Jesus was in near-dead position being severely injured on the Cross but delivered from it very much alive and was put in the tomb in near-dead position as was Jonah in the belly of the fish, please. Right?
The essence of Sign of Jonah is to remain alive during the trial and turbulations against all odds both for Jonah and Jesus, please. Right?

Regards

lostwanderingsoul

The essence of Sign of Jonah is to remain alive during the trial and turbulations against all odds both for Jonah and Jesus, please. Right?

Regards
The sign of Jonah wasthat he would be in the fish for 3 days and 3 nights. 72 hours. Not from Friday evening to Sunday morning. Right?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
The sign of Jonah wasthat he would be in the fish for 3 days and 3 nights. 72 hours. Not from Friday evening to Sunday morning. Right?
The Sign is to remain alive and not to die, please.

Regards

lostwanderingsoul

paarsurrey said:

Regards
No. The sign is the amount of time. Jonah would be alive in the fish for 72 hours. People have twisted it to try to say Jesus was only in the tomb from Friday evening to Sunday morning. The Bible says nothing about Jesus dying on the sixth day of the week or rising on the first day of the week. This is all false ideas planted in people's minds bt Satan to hide the truth from them. Jesus waqs in the tomb for 72 hours just as Jonah was in the fish for 72 hours. That is, if you believe the Bible. If you want to get your religion somewhere else then you can believe whatever you like.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:

And that is what actually and really happened, it transpires, please. Right?

Regards

lostwanderingsoul

And that is what actually and really happened, it transpires, please. Right?

Regards
NO NO NO The sign was the amount of TIME Jonah would be in the fish and Jesus would be in the tomb. Jonah was alive in the fish but Jesus was dead in the tomb. Three days and three nights means three full days and nights. Not parts of three days and three nights. This is how Satan has fooled people. Jesus said the ONLY sign that he was the savior was that he would be three full days and three full nights in the tomb. Satan has convinced people not to believe Jesus and instead to believe it was only parts of three days and three nights. Who was right? Jesus or Satan?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Three Days and Three Nights

One may like to read my post #121 *that is also related here, please. Right?

Regards

Post #29 Thread on "Bible Reading Rainbow! "

paarsurrey said:
" World English Bible "

Does it belong to JWs, please? Right?
If yes, any special reason, why to read from it? Right?
#7 If there is a difference in the text and or the translation, how to resolve it, please? Right?

paarsurrey said: #10
Urdu is my first language, but this problem one would face in every language of the world, please. Right?
English is my second language, one faces this problem in English also, please, right?

Kxxxxxx said:
If a native language version isn't the issue, then I'm not sure what you're asking.

I did find this version of the world English bible with an Urdu translation. I don't know how good it is, but its what I could find: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hk.itchurch.urduwebbible&hl=en_US&gl=US
Paarsurrey :

I have an Urdu Bible it gives translation of Matthew Chapter 12:40 as under:
40 کِیُونکہ جَیسے یُوناہ تین رات دِن مَچھلی کے پیٹ میں
رہا ویسے ہی اِبنِ آدم تین رات دِن زمِین کے اَندر رہے گا۔
متّی 12 - انجیل مقدس - نئے عہد نامہ
It mentions "three night day" instead of "three days and three nights" in English Bibles:
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 12:40 - New International Version
In English Bible "days" come first and then "nights" while in Urdu Bible the "nights" are given first and then "days", please.
Isn't it a corruption done by the translators, please? Right?
Isn't it an accusation on Yeshua that he had anything to do with the NT Gospels, please? Right?

Regards
متّی 12:40 Provided by Bible Factory - Urdu English WEB Bible https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hk.itchurch.urduwebbible
Yonah - Jonah - Chapter 2 (Jewish Bible)
1And the Lord appointed a huge fish to swallow up Jonah, and Jonah was in the belly of the fish for three days and three nights.
https://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo/aid/16184/jewish/Chapter-2.htm
Google
17 لیکن خُداوند نے ایک بڑی مچھلی مقرر کر رکھی تھی کہ یُوناہ کو نگل جائے اور یُوناہ تین دن تین رات مچھلی کے پیٹ میں رہا۔
یُوناہ / Jonah 1- انجیل مقدس - پرانے عہد نامہ
لیکن خُداوند نے ایک بڑی مچھلی مقرر کر رکھی تھی کہ یُوناہ کو نگل جائے اور یُوناہ تین دن تین رات مچھلی کے پیٹ میں رہا۔
Yahweh prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah, and Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.
یُوناہ 1:17 Provided by Bible Factory - Urdu English WEB Bible https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hk.itchurch.urduwebbible

Last edited:

lostwanderingsoul

Jesus said the ONLY sign that he was the Son of God was that he would be 3 full days and 3 full nights in the tomb. If you believe Jesus died on Friday evening and rose on Sunday morning then you are saying he is a liar because that is not 3 days and 3 nights.