• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This whole "Day Without Immigrants" thing is stupid.

kevmicsmi

AlanGurvey said:
By the way kevin, under most circumstances, fear leads to paranoid premptive attacks.
Really? Name me the last time fear of ultimate destruction for a specific act led to that act being performed. If Japan knew we would defeat them, they would have never attacked. If OBL knew he would have been killed for his terrorist plots he would have never attacked (if he would have, he would probably been the suicide bomber instead of sending others to do it for him ;) ). Did Lybia give up their Nuclear/Biological program because they respect us, or fear us?

greatcalgarian

kevmicsmi said:
For the record, I would rather nations respect us (like Israel), but if not, Fear is the only acceptable alternative to me.

Almost all nations that fear America also HATE America:tuna:

And the nation that 'respect' America (ie Israel), is simply making use of America:biglaugh:

Actually, it is difficult to find any nation that truely 'respect' America. There may be nations that kowtow to America out of fear, but none that support America out of respect.

Many nations respect Canada because of her strong sense of international justice:D
giving support when it is justified to maintain world peace (see the many peace keeping missions Canada committed herself), and distance herself for unjust invading war like Iraq.

turk179

I smell something....
I really have no opinion on this whole "day without immigrants" thing. I can understand where they are coming from but was this really necessary? I do have an opinion on illegal immigrants though. A lot of these people come to the U.S. and work twice the hours we do for hardly any money. This does not sound lazy to me. A little crazy maybe, but not lazy. This makes me wonder just how bad it is in Mexico.

kevmicsmi

AlanGurvey said:
I am merely saying it wasn't the only reason they did not strike. Do you know who De Gaulle is? I am merely implying that it is due to the armed abilities of other powers that russia did not attack us, it was not just the united states. To think otherwise shows that someone has been drinking to much of the reagan kool-aid.
Cmon, we could have toasted their whole country ten-fold. Another few warheads aimed from Europe would not have done anything. Incidently, did the Soviet Union overheat their inferior economy because they respected us, or because they feared STAR WARS?

turk179

I smell something....
turk179 said:
I really have no opinion on this whole "day without immigrants" thing. I can understand where they are coming from but was this really necessary? I do have an opinion on illegal immigrants though. A lot of these people come to the U.S. and work twice the hours we do for hardly any money. This does not sound lazy to me. A little crazy maybe, but not lazy. This makes me wonder just how bad it is in Mexico.
I did have the right thread didn't I?

kevmicsmi

Many nations respect Canada because of her strong sense of international justice:D
giving support when it is justified to maintain world peace (see the many peace keeping missions Canada committed herself), and distance herself for unjust invading war like Iraq.
And Canada would be part of Communist Russia, if not Germany if it were not for the fear/actions of the USA.

Ody

kevmicsmi said:
Really? Name me the last time fear of ultimate destruction for a specific act led to that act being performed.

Iraq, we feared saddams military build up, that in retrospect is not proveable.

kevmicsmi

turk179 said:
I did have the right thread didn't I?

misc5.jpg

Sorry for my rant, I shall cease and decist until a new thread has been opened:D

Ody

kevmicsmi said:
Cmon, we could have toasted their whole country ten-fold. Another few warheads aimed from Europe would not have done anything. Incidently, did the Soviet Union overheat their inferior economy because they respected us, or because they feared STAR WARS?
Not done anything? those would be more nuclear weapons that could have survived a first wave attack! :biglaugh:Back on topic.

kevmicsmi

AlanGurvey said:
Iraq, we feared saddams military build up, that in retrospect is not proveable.
OOOOOOkay, only one more little interjection:D ...That was one of only MANY reasons to go to war

Booko

Deviled Hen
jeffrey said:
Kevin, you can't put all the blame on illegals for hospitals financial problems. Their is a ton of American citizens without insurance that can't pay their hospital bills. I am in that category.

Yup, if you don't have a job that gives you access to group insurance and you've ever had more than a fart crosswise, you can't get health insurance, or it may just be prohibitively expensive.

So we keep our health issues off the insurance companies' radar screen, just in case my husband returns to self-employment and we have to buy our own insurance again.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
greatcalgarian said:
Almost all nations that fear America also HATE America:tuna:

And the nation that 'respect' America (ie Israel), is simply making use of America:biglaugh:

Actually, it is difficult to find any nation that truely 'respect' America. There may be nations that kowtow to America out of fear, but none that support America out of respect.

All these nations respect the way you slaughter seal pups too! :rolleyes:

Booko

Deviled Hen
Sunstone said:
As for the implication that illegal immigrants are lawbreakers... That's only partly true. 1st generation immigrants are 45% less likely to commit a crime than 3rd generation citizens. Again, immigrants are only 20% as likely to end up in prison as native born Americans. So, while illegal immigrants have broken laws to get here, and while they break laws to work here, they tend not to break all laws, including some of the laws that are most important to society.

This is definitely true in Atlanta, Sunstone. The illegal immigrants here really watch their Ps & Qs regarding the law, because they know they are in deep doo doo if they are caught doing anything, and will have no recourse for any abuse they get. They keep their heads very low.

Booko

Deviled Hen
FeathersinHair said:
Without immediate charge is different from 'free'. When we have free government-funded medical care for our citizens, I'll start worrying about whether or not the citizens should pay to bother to save the lives who aren't citizens.

Not really, Feathers. Even if people give the correct info, hospitals can't squeeze blood out of a turnip, and they know it. There is a fair bit of cash written off to bad debt by hospitals every year. A goodly portion comes from people who are uninsured, which would include, but not be limited to, illegal immigrants.

Hospitals and public clinics in my area are really struggling with the problem. They can't turn people away, but people can't pay either. Religious organizations have banded together to assist residents of the "Buford Highway Corridor" (as it's called) in matters of public health.

Booko

Deviled Hen
kevmicsmi said:
Without the US, the international community would consist completely of Communist, Nazi, and Fascist governments, so shouldnt they listen to us, and not the other way around?

Maybe you'd like to explain this a bit more? :confused:

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
There is truth in what sunstone said, the town we live in has a very high latin american population. We have one cop and no crime what to speak of. It's boring, but peaceful!

Booko

Deviled Hen
jeffrey said:
YES! WE CAN BEAT SEAL PUPS FOR A LIVING!

Chill, Jeff! They don't have any seal pups on Lake Superior. The fishing is good, though. :) Cross-country skiing in the winter. Mosquitoes up the wazoo in the summer...yeah, that's the ticket.

I was thinking maybe...Sault Ste. Marie?

Hey, it's only a 30 minute drive from there to Paradise. :D