• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is NOT growth.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Well if your better than a month ago, its growth.
I wish I could be that loose with my budget. "Well, It's showing I have more money, so regardless of everything else it's growth and I'm making money."
Are you saying he is dishonest because the media keeps saying he’s dishonest over and over again or do you know specific situations?
Every hear of Trump University?

Daemon Sophic

Are you saying he is dishonest because the media keeps saying he’s dishonest over and over again or do you know specific situations?
Very weird. But if he did act line a Christian do you think the left would hate him any less??? I have never seen such unprecedented, irrational hate than what the left and media constantly express toward Trump.
From what I’ve been reading many who may be considered the less fortunate in Black and Hispanic communities are very appreciative of the way the Trump administration policies have helped with better educational and business development opportunities in their communities.
It is a fact that he is the singularly most dishonest president in U.S. history. The only irrational behaviour present is to willfully ignore the facts and perceive Chump as a good or even middling POTUS.
He has been and continues to be a clear and present danger to our nation. He has harmed our economy, our veterans, our safety, our environement, our future prospects, and even our health.
The fact that you are unaware of these facts, or that you have knowingly and willfully turned a blind eye to these outrages tells me that all the evidence I might pile up before you now will do no good at all. :facepalm:

In 3 days this abomination will be justly removed from power: if your so-called God is anything but evil.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I wish I could be that loose with my budget. "Well, It's showing I have more money, so regardless of everything else it's growth and I'm making money."

Every hear of Trump University?
Plus his possible indictment once out of office for obstruction on at least 10 counts per the Mueller Report, most of which would be felonies if convicted.

I do believe that this is one big reason why Trump will likely not voluntarily leave office if he loses, thus at first trying to tie it up in the courts, and then who knows what he'd do if he loses there. Remember, he admires "strong leaders" like Putin, Kim Jung Un, Erdogan, and even Saddam Hussein.

And why won't he criticize Putin even though we know Russian hacking is happening big time; plus the bounty put on American soldier's heads in Afghanistan that came out of the Kremlin? And why at Helsinki did Trump say he believed Trump more than even our own intelligence agencies? And why did he have private conversations with Putin whereas no other American, nor even an American translator, was allowed in the room? If Obama had done any one of the above, the right would have screamed bloody murder.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Remember, he admires "strong leaders" like Putin, Kim Jung Un, Erdogan, and even Saddam Hussein.
He's also shown, fortunately, he lacks the ambition and drive those like Putin have. Even un has to work on maintaining a godlike image for more than his followers. Erdogan is far more shrewd.
Trump may admire them, but he let the best moment to seize power slip away if that was his goal. And instead he did the opposite of seizing control and instead threw the reigns up for the states to pick up.

metis

He's also shown, fortunately, he lacks the ambition and drive those like Putin have. Even un has to work on maintaining a godlike image for more than his followers. Erdogan is far more shrewd.
Trump may admire them, but he let the best moment to seize power slip away if that was his goal. And instead he did the opposite of seizing control and instead threw the reigns up for the states to pick up.
I don't agree with the latter part as once the ballots are all in and counted, they have no say as to who's [president/vice president with the exception of if their state legislatures were to not comply by "sending" their own electors instead of those that should be sent per the results of the actual vote.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I don't agree with the latter part as once the ballots are all in and counted, they have no say as to who's [president/vice president with the exception of if their state legislatures were to not comply by "sending" their own electors instead of those that should be sent per the results of the actual vote.
If Trump wanted to seize power there would have been no greater time than earlier this year when centralizing stuff would have been met with the least amount of resistance. Instead Trump threw his hands up and let the power fall the the states.
And there is his reluctance for briefings, ending meetings prematurely, tons and tons of "administrative time," and so many other indications he doesn't have what it takes to be a dictator that I see no reason to worry. That would require more than putting on a TV gimmick in front of the cameras (the Covid interviews suggest this is something he does do).
Trump's made his life out of smoke and mirrors and cardboard cutouts. Whether it's Wrestlemania or the Apprentice, he's pretty much just as gimmicky and loosely scripted as the things he's promoted over the years. Because it's very easy to sit in front of a camera and bark some stuff out at people. Healthcare reform--or just politics in general--is quite difficult to do when you aren't approving the set and script.

metis

If Trump wanted to seize power there would have been no greater time than earlier this year when centralizing stuff would have been met with the least amount of resistance. Instead Trump threw his hands up and let the power fall the the states.
But that approach would have had the effect of negating any national election, thus creating either a dictatorship or an oligarchy right away, which even the rest of the Pubs would not have gone for anything so brazen, imo. Instead, I think they're more likely to play legal games, and then having certain state legislators take over and change the outcome of the vote through the electoral process. But even that process could all too easily lead to a civil war as millions of people would not put up with that.

The rest of your post I agree with.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
But that approach would have had the effect of negating any national election, thus creating either a dictatorship or an oligarchy right away, which even the rest of the Pubs would not have gone for anything so brazen, imo. Instead, I think they're more likely to play legal games, and then having certain state legislators take over and change the outcome of the vote through the electoral process. But even that process could all too easily lead to a civil war as millions of people would not put up with that.

The rest of your post I agree with.
I don't see the Republicans opposed to such moves as so very few of them didn't bend over to kiss Trump's rear.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
If Trump acted like a Christian he would be accused of implementing a theocracy.
To me "acting like a Christian" means following the teachings of Christ which are all about love as the most important thing along with the lessons of the Sermon on the Mount and other such teachings.

Personally it would be wonderful to have a leader who exhibited love for ALL in thought, word and especially deed.

InChrist

Free4ever
I guess there are likely examples that could be posted concerning the dishonesty and corruption of Joe Biden or many others who hold political office, especially with the information coming out about Biden. Personally, I don’t like Donald Trump, but I don’t know him personally. I don’t like his demeanor, his arrogance and a lot of the things he says. I have a family member who works for a U.S. Representative. This Representative spends time around President Trump and does not especially like him personally, but does agree with many of his policies.

I agree with Trump’s position against abortion, his efforts to stop human trafficking, school choice policies, prison reform, economic help and stimulus for inner city minority communities, funding for black universities, acknowledging Jerusalem as Israel’s legitimate capital, moving the embassy there, and standing against globalization.

He could very well be totally dishonest and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s pandering, nevertheless the policies I’ve listed above and others I believe to be beneficial for this country are implemented. I see no such positive benefit coming from a Biden administration.

metis

I guess there are likely examples that could be posted concerning the dishonesty and corruption of Joe Biden or many others who hold political office, especially with the information coming out about Biden
Why not post his and then make a comparison, especially since "false equivalencies" are not a form of Truth.

He could very well be totally dishonest and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s pandering, nevertheless the policies I’ve listed above and others I believe to be beneficial for this country are implemented.
So, you're more than willing to vote for and support as a leader of this country a man who is acting and now talking like a neo-fascist? This is how the German and Italian people got suckered in just prior to WWII. I was sponsored on a study of the Holocaust in Poland and Israel back in 1991, and the similarities of what Trump is doing and they did is truly scary.

And his putting children in cages as a matter of policy in order to "send a message", thus not out of necessity, is all too reminiscent of what we saw at the end the war. And Trump's saying he may not step down is what dictators do-- can't you see that!

InChrist

Free4ever
Why not post his and then make a comparison, especially since "false equivalencies" are not a form of Truth.

So, you're more than willing to vote for and support as a leader of this country a man who is acting and now talking like a neo-fascist? This is how the German and Italian people got suckered in just prior to WWII. I was sponsored on a study of the Holocaust in Poland and Israel back in 1991, and the similarities of what Trump is doing and they did is truly scary.

And his putting children in cages as a matter of policy in order to "send a message", thus not out of necessity, is all too reminiscent of what we saw at the end the war. And Trump's saying he may not step down is what dictators do-- can't you see that!
I haven’t heard Trump say anything about not stepping down. You are probably listening to too many of Nancy Pelosi’s rants.

One thing, I have no doubt about is that Trump supports Israel and is not anti-Semitic , but Joe Biden is an enemy of Israel and if he is elected president hatred for Israel, along with anti-Semitism will increase.

You accuse me of believing lies, but you may want to do further research yourself rather than believing lies from Michele Obama, Democrats it liberal media trying to push a false narrative. ...

“THE FACTS: The reference to cages is misleading and a matter that Democrats have persistently distorted.

Trump used facilities that were built during the Obama-Biden administration to house children at the border. They are chain-link enclosures inside border facilities where migrants were temporarily housed, separated by sex and age.

At the height of the controversy over Trump’s zero-tolerance policy at the border, photos that circulated online of children in the enclosures generated great anger. But those photos — by The Associated Press — were taken in 2014 and depicted some of the thousands of unaccompanied children held by President Barack Obama.”

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2020-[URL]https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2020-08-18/ap-fact-check-michelle-obama-and-the-kids-in-cages08-18/ap-fact-check-michelle-obama-and-the-kids-in-cages[/URL]

Daemon Sophic

I haven’t heard Trump say anything about not stepping down. You are probably listening to too many of Nancy Pelosi’s rants.

One thing, I have no doubt about is that Trump supports Israel and is not anti-Semitic , but Joe Biden is an enemy of Israel and if he is elected president hatred for Israel, along with anti-Semitism will increase.

You accuse me of believing lies, but you may want to do further research yourself rather than believing lies from Michele Obama, Democrats it liberal media trying to push a false narrative. ...

“THE FACTS: The reference to cages is misleading and a matter that Democrats have persistently distorted.

Trump used facilities that were built during the Obama-Biden administration to house children at the border. They are chain-link enclosures inside border facilities where migrants were temporarily housed, separated by sex and age.

At the height of the controversy over Trump’s zero-tolerance policy at the border, photos that circulated online of children in the enclosures generated great anger. But those photos — by The Associated Press — were taken in 2014 and depicted some of the thousands of unaccompanied children held by President Barack Obama.”

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2020-https://www.usnews.com/news/politic...ct-check-michelle-obama-and-the-kids-in-cages08-18/ap-fact-check-michelle-obama-and-the-kids-in-cages

:facepalm:
Please watch and become educated on the subject matter....

As for the “cages”: yes they existed in the Obama presidency, but were used sporadically, and in cases when the adults with a minor were suspected of not being the actual family member of the minor. The cases in which they were used in the Obama presidency were expedited so the there claim for immigration would be finished in less than one month, and there were no cases when a child was kept away once the appraisal of their claim was sorted in that short amount of time.

Trump ordered children to be taken from the adults with them simply as a means to terrorize the refugees and make them and others scared of approaching our border.:(:mad: Because Trump is scum.

InChrist

Free4ever
:facepalm:
Please watch and become educated on the subject matter....

As for the “cages”: yes they existed in the Obama presidency, but were used sporadically, and in cases when the adults with a minor were suspected of not being the actual family member of the minor. The cases in which they were used in the Obama presidency were expedited so the there claim for immigration would be finished in less than one month, and there were no cases when a child was kept away once the appraisal of their claim was sorted in that short amount of time.

Trump ordered children to be taken from the adults with them simply as a means to terrorize the refugees and make them and others scared of approaching our border.:(:mad: Because Trump is scum.
Thanks for the videos. I noticed that while the news commentators repeatedly kept saying and insinuating “Trump says he won’t leave office or transition “, inserting their words between quick clips, not once did the videos show Trump actually saying any such words himself. The commentators just talked and created the narrative to give the impression that Trump won’t leave or abide by the election outcome. It was very interesting to watch.
Pretty much just like the narrative the Democrats and media created about Trump ripping children from their parents and putting them in cages...

Friend of Mara

That’s either total projection or you are completely deceived by the onslaught of continuous Democrat lies.

Scott Jennings: Democrats lie and the media lets them
I won't defend democrats. Both sides lie. But the difference in both quantity and quality of those lies are vast. If we keep it specific to Trump and Biden during this election there was a whole article written about why Trump is fact-checked as being wrong far more than Biden. And its because he lies more. And he makes the same lie over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. He is peddling lies that we know were false in 2016 all the way to the final debate. Joe Biden sucks and has a pocket full of lies but to say that it is equivalent to Trump is mischaracterization at best.

So yeah I will agree democrats lie. Its why I'm not one. But if you sincerely believe that democrats lie more often than Republicans then it is you who have been led astray by the media you consume.

InChrist

Free4ever
I won't defend democrats. Both sides lie. But the difference in both quantity and quality of those lies are vast. If we keep it specific to Trump and Biden during this election there was a whole article written about why Trump is fact-checked as being wrong far more than Biden. And its because he lies more. And he makes the same lie over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. He is peddling lies that we know were false in 2016 all the way to the final debate. Joe Biden sucks and has a pocket full of lies but to say that it is equivalent to Trump is mischaracterization at best.

So yeah I will agree democrats lie. Its why I'm not one. But if you sincerely believe that democrats lie more often than Republicans then it is you who have been led astray by the media you consume.
Yes, you are correct, lies definitely come from both sides. Thanks for your thoughts.