• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This Crazy Pandemic

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Oh for the days when the mentally ill were quiet about it rather than acting out.

MNoBody

Beyond the horizon of the place we lived when we were young
In a world of magnets and miracles
Our thoughts strayed constantly and without boundary
The ringing of the division bell had beguno_O:(

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
Unfortunately, as a non-Christian I could never behave like that towards another person. I'm sorry, I'm such a failure...and I'd make a turable amurican.

So only Christians can act that way? Surely that is not what you meant...

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
So only Christians can act that way? Surely that is not what you meant...
I was being facetious. I am an atheist, having no religion at all. Atheists, of course, are among the least trusted people in the United States, and yet, I've never hurt anyone in my life, nor do I believe I could. I am against capital punishment. I'm against corporal punishment for children. I like to help other people, when I can.

Yet, I have been abused, both emotionally and physically, by members of quite a few religions. Who flies planes into buildings, cuts off people's heads and dunks them in acid? Religious people, from all I've seen. Who tortured and killed people, often by burning, for believing in their own God but with a "heretical" difference? Religious people.

In the early 1970's, I went with just 4 other friends, to a large Christian church in my city (Toronto), in silent protest for the pastor's (the "Reverend" Paul D. Smith) insistance that homosexual people should be executed! My 4 friends and I never suggested that the church that harboured these vile ideas should be shut down, or that Smith himself should be killed. The hatred, you see, only went in one direction.

You may not like what I say, but I speak from a life-time of experience.

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
I was being facetious. I am an atheist, having no religion at all. Atheists, of course, are among the least trusted people in the United States, and yet, I've never hurt anyone in my life, nor do I believe I could. I am against capital punishment. I'm against corporal punishment for children. I like to help other people, when I can.

Yet, I have been abused, both emotionally and physically, by members of quite a few religions. Who flies planes into buildings, cuts off people's heads and dunks them in acid? Religious people, from all I've seen. Who tortured and killed people, often by burning, for believing in their own God but with a "heretical" difference? Religious people.

In the early 1970's, I went with just 4 other friends, to a large Christian church in my city (Toronto), in silent protest for the pastor's (the "Reverend" Paul D. Smith) insistance that homosexual people should be executed! My 4 friends and I never suggested that the church that harboured these vile ideas should be shut down, or that Smith himself should be killed. The hatred, you see, only went in one direction.

You may not like what I say, but I speak from a life-time of experience.

Yes hate and intolerance abound among all people, regardless of religion, race, etc. Most atheists are nice people (as I think I was for the 40+ years I considered myself one).

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Here's another crazy one I just saw in the newsfeed.

Kentucky Doctor Charged With Strangling Teen Girl Over Social Distancing, Police Say

A Kentucky doctor has been charged for strangling a teenage girl and shoving her friends because they weren’t practicing social distancing, police said.

John Rademaker, a 57-year-old physician, was charged Tuesday with first-degree strangulation and three counts of harassment with physical contact for the April 3 altercation at the North Commons Amphitheater, the Louisville Metro Police Department told The Daily Beast.

Rademaker, a physician for Southern Indiana Anesthesia Consultants, has been placed on administrative leave pending further investigation. According to online records, he was released from jail Tuesday.

“Obviously, we do not advise individuals concerned about social distancing to take matters into their own hands and confront people about it, especially in any physical way,” a police spokesperson said in a statement, declining to provide further details because of the ongoing investigation. “We ask people who are concerned about large gatherings to call 311 or 911 to report their concerns.”

It doesn't even make any sense. He's concerned over social distancing so much that he strangles someone to make his point. That's not exactly following the social distancing guidelines.

MNoBody

[saw this today, thought it .....germane...o_O]

They said it's not a pandemic. Then it was a pandemic.
They said closing borders doesn't work.
Then they closed the borders.
They said wearing a mask doesn't work.
Now they say to wear masks.
They said its not transmitted through the air.
Then it is transmitted through the air.
You can't make this up

renderTimingPixel.png

The WHO and CDC are incompetent.
They way this played out is a shining example of why you need to use your own common sense and not depend on an organization or your government to save you.