• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things You Hate In Movies & TV

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I didn't read through the whole thread, so apologies if this was already mentioned...

Except on All in the Family, where there is the occasional toilet flush, no one ever uses the bathroom.
Final Destination, Family Guy, South Park, I'm sure I've seen more where people use the loo.
My Name is Earl, that's another one.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The choice of John Wayne to play Genghis Khan is the most
infamous of mis-castings. The actor needn't be Mongolian,
but should at least look slightly Asian.
The issue should be.....who is the best actor for the job?
Let gays play straights, & vice versa.
Oh, I'm reminded of Linda Hunt playing Billy Kwan in
The Year Of Living Dangerously. A white woman playing
an Asian dwarf....best performance in the movie by far.
Brings to mind Shakespeare and Peking Opera.
And yes, let gays play straights. Niel Patrick Harris comes off as one of the straightest guys ever in a lot of his roles, lol.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Like I said, I remember their little kid shows like Blues Clues, but not those cartoons. I really don't remember those age range cartoons until my younger two nephews, and those cartoons I do remember because I would wonder if Spongebob was really something I should be watching with them or not, and I was way more into Fairly Odd Parents than they were (I especially thought the Schwarzenegger fairy was funny).
And speaking of Blue's Clues, the vanity of TV and movies is also a raging dingle berry. It's so bad the original Steve from Blue's Clues quit because he was going bald. :confused:
Omg Fairly Odd Parents was the ****!!! My jam.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
TV Reality shows. I believe that they should create a new rating for TV Shows, (RS) "Reality Stinks."
Yep. The majority of time it's just scripted garbage.

Pawn stars is a great example of that.

Bar rescue, Hotel rescue is a joke.

Cop reality shows are basically fear based propaganda lionising the police as upstanding invincible heroes of justice with an iron grip as producers carefully spend time weeding out anything on the air that puts the police in a poor light.

I think most people are aware of the reality of that now, faced with recent exposure of horrible police behaviors and actions in everyday life that are less than complementary of those wearing the uniforms and badges in society.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That reminds me how I hate Storage Wars.
The problem is that many people think that crapola is real.
That reminds me the first (and only) time I watched that Amish Mafia I called bull****, no one wanted to believe me, everyone doubted me, everyone challenged me, they kept telling me it's real, I say no, I live around a bunch of them, I've talked to a bunch of them, I call bull****.
Turns out I was right. Over a ton of people who apparently thought calling it "reality" meant you can go ahead and forego the old adage "you can't always believe what you see on TV."

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Wrestling is fake? :eek::eek:
my life is crushed
Depends on what is meant by fake.
To flip the thread around, many wrestlers absolutely detest when people say it's fake, because although it is staged entertainment, the risks are very real and often people do get seriously hurt. TV made it look better than ever before, and created a whole new paradigm for professional wrestling, but even before that injuries were common. It was just silly when ideas of it being entirely real were common and they even tried to play it off like it was real, but it's equally crap when it gets denounced as entirely fake (which became more common as WWF shifted things from regional territories to a national audience and then to an international audience).
And all I can think now, when I used to it, I look back and think I must have really hated myself, because even without ladders and tables things hurt (didn't help the more "extreme" and "hardcore" forms were much more popular and common then, but when you hate yourself and beating yourself up comes easily...).
And it's also very interesting to see how women wrestlers have progressed over the years. When Fabulous Moolah and Mae Young were at their height, it was a very different game and more athletic for women. Then Miss Elizabeth came along, and it was more a damsel in distress often at times sort of thing, and then Sunny came along and women's wrestling became very heavily sexualized. But now it's reversing and I think it was last year they had the first female-headed main event at Wrestlemania.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I miss the old classic wrestling days. When it was simple and fun.
I have to admit, I'm very biased towards the years when I was growing up, primarily the late 80s into the late 90s. And by the time I actually got into a ring the first time (this was Old Me, when I was very much a completely different person) I actually didn't watch WWF (by then WWE) that much anymore and barely knew any of the newer names coming in.
But even still today, sometimes it does amuse me still to watch big muscley tough guys turn into grade A drama queens, lol.

Twilight Hue

I’ll be honest I don’t watch wrestling. It’s a bit spotty in coverage in Australia. Well it was before streaming services I guess
Just a plain blue ring, Roddy Ronnie Piper, Jimmy Snuka, The Iron Man Sheik, Greg Valentine, Andre the Giant, The Hulkster, and more including Mean Gene the announcer. Pure gold for a Saturday afternoon watching with me pops!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That reminds me the first (and only) time I watched that Amish Mafia I called bull****, no one wanted to believe me, everyone doubted me, everyone challenged me, they kept telling me it's real, I say no, I live around a bunch of them, I've talked to a bunch of them, I call bull****.
Turns out I was right. Over a ton of people who apparently thought calling it "reality" meant you can go ahead and forego the old adage "you can't always believe what you see on TV."
I love the ruse at the beginning of the movie, Fargo....
This is a true story. The events depicted in this film took place in Minnesota in 1987. At the request of the survivors, the names have been changed. Out of respect for the dead, the rest has been told exactly as it occurred.

They intended it to be seen as a true story....a style choice.
People took it literally, & have been searching for the money
hidden in the snow.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Just a plain blue ring, Roddy Ronnie Piper, Jimmy Snuka, The Iron Man Sheik, Greg Valentine, Andre the Giant, The Hulkster, and more including Mean Gene the announcer. Pure gold for a Saturday afternoon watching with me pops!

I remember back in the 50s & 60s....Dick The Bruiser,
The Mighty Igor, Bobo Brazil, Haystacks Calhoun....

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I love the ruse at the beginning of the movie, Fargo....
This is a true story. The events depicted in this film took place in Minnesota in 1987. At the request of the survivors, the names have been changed. Out of respect for the dead, the rest has been told exactly as it occurred.

They intended it to be seen as a true story....a style choice.
People took it literally, & have been searching for the money
hidden in the snow.
Haha that’s like an ultimate troll move.
Respect

Twilight Hue

I have to admit, I'm very biased towards the years when I was growing up, primarily the late 80s into the late 90s. And by the time I actually got into a ring the first time (this was Old Me, when I was very much a completely different person) I actually didn't watch WWF (by then WWE) that much anymore and barely knew any of the newer names coming in.
But even still today, sometimes it does amuse me still to watch big muscley tough guys turn into grade A drama queens, lol.
Wrestling was essentially the afternoon soap opera for men. Some gals too! *grin*