• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things Rarely Seen Anymore

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Flying kites in March
Though March is a good time to fly kites but the children have their exams at that time here. April/May/June are too hot to fly kites. We fly kites in August (Indian Independence Day, the month of Shravana in the rainy season). Pakistan had its tradition of flying kites in March (Basant, Spring), but clerics feel it is a residual practice from Hinduism and oppose it. And clerics rule Pakistan.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Haven't seen car phones in a very long time. Skate boards I only see on videos these days, used to be kids on those all the time, it's all kick scooters now?

I still see people on skateboards quite often, actually.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Has anyone mentioned 8-track tapes yet? I also recall an adapter which could be used to play cassette tapes in an 8-track tape player.

s-l225.jpg

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Whilst correct, it's worth remembering there are two sides to the coin...

14190898_1.jpg

Gee thanks man, cuz ya know, I fell asleep in 1961 and just woke up a cpl hours ago.

Btw, how' did all that "We're sending a man to the moon" nonsense resolve itself?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
hand held calculators with only the four basic arithmetic functions

and they were sooooooo expensive...!!!!!!!

Jumi

Was in the airport a few days ago and saw a couple of children in their twenties each carrying a skateboard..
Kids in their twenties, that's something you didn't use to see! But it's quite normal now...