• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thich Nhat Hanh

Little Joe Gould

Seeking God
Thich Nhat Hanh is probably my favorite Buddhist author of all time. Have any of you read any of his work? Poet, peace-activist, teacher, he's a great man. I owe a lot of what I think I know to his work.

emptyness

Hello, I've heard of him since he founded a few monasteries in Canada if my memory is right. Would you recommend me some of his book? I'm getting interested.

Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle,
and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared.

Little Joe Gould

Seeking God
Here are the books I've read by him...

Old Path, White Clouds (definitely a good read)
The Heart of the Buddha's Teaching
The Miracle of Mindfulness
Going Home, Seeing Jesus and Buddha as Brothers
Living Buddha, Living Christ
The Power of Prayer

They are all good books and your local library might have a few of them. Check 'em out!

Fatesjoke03

Having read a few of Thich Nhat Hanh's books I can agree that he writes in a very helpful way for both beginners and long time Buddhists. Sometimes his lessons seem to conflict from book to book but that may just be where I was in my studying at the time I read them.

The Heart of the Buddha's Teaching, I think is a must read for any Buddhist.

Nerthus

Wanderlust
I am just reading The Miracle Of Mindfulness. He's a good author and it has made me think of a lot of things in a different way. I'll read some others after this one.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Having read a few of Thich Nhat Hanh's books I can agree that he writes in a very helpful way for both beginners and long time Buddhists. Sometimes his lessons seem to conflict from book to book but that may just be where I was in my studying at the time I read them.

The Heart of the Buddha's Teaching, I think is a must read for any Buddhist.

That one was my introduction to Buddhism back in 1995. I owe so much to Thich Nhat Hanh for laying the best foundation IMO to my practice and perspective.

Fatesjoke03

"Anger" and "Zen Keys" are a couple of other very good ones. Reading Thich Nhat Hanh has helped me read other, less "for the masses" books. He communicates concepts very plainly and when reading other authors you can apply what has been learned to their language choices.

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
He's one of my favourite teachers hands down. No one says it quite like him.

The Wisdom of Thich Nhat Hanh by himself, is a 4 book compilation that is part poetry, part practice, part writings and other posturing. It's really cool because you can flip around and read about any page and get an understanding on.

:namaste
SageTree