• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There's no such thing as the "war on women"

dust1n

Zindīq
I think it's awesome that you are so diligent about researching and backing up your comments. It makes you a very persuasive person. You've changed my mind about stuff once or twice. Not many people can pull that off, although I don't think my standards are all that high. Credible evidence and a well-considered, rational argument is really all it takes. Tragically, some folks are simply not persuadable no matter what you bring to the table.

Thank you! You're right. I've been really working on my debate skills and my communication skills, and I'm getting a much better grasp at how to interact with people. :D So, I'm happy to see that I am, in fact, improving.

InChrist

Free4ever
Left to itself the natural life process of the gestation of the human fetus results in a baby being born. To stop this process through abortion stops life, brings death and is murder of human life.

8 Week old fetus:

Organs

The fetal heartbeat is beating at a rate of approximately 150 times per minute, which is about twice as fast as the mother's heartbeat. The breathing tubes that go from the throat to the lungs are beginning to form, and nerve cells in the brain are developing rapidly. The gender of the baby will not be visible for quite some time, however, because the genitals have not yet developed.

Face

An 8-week-old fetus is beginning to resemble a baby, especially since some distinct characteristics are forming on the face. The eyelids, although very thin, are formed, and the lips and nose are beginning to develop. More specifically, the upper lip and the tip of the nose are prominent at this time. All of these characteristics are forming on a head that is oversized during this stage. At this point, the head makes up about half of the fetus.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/84348-8week-fetus-look-like/#ixzz2Vq0HZFjD

Alceste

Vagabond
Thank you! You're right. I've been really working on my debate skills and my communication skills, and I'm getting a much better grasp at how to interact with people. :D So, I'm happy to see that I am, in fact, improving.

:D Not me. I came here to smash.

dust1n

Zindīq
Left to itself the natural life process of the gestation of the human fetus results in a baby being born. To stop this process through abortion stops life, brings death and is murder of human life.

Then why does God murder so many babies with miscarriage? It is murder after all. Why is God a murderer of fetuses?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

8 Week old fetus:

Organs

The fetal heartbeat is beating at a rate of approximately 150 times per minute, which is about twice as fast as the mother's heartbeat. The breathing tubes that go from the throat to the lungs are beginning to form, and nerve cells in the brain are developing rapidly. The gender of the baby will not be visible for quite some time, however, because the genitals have not yet developed.

Face

An 8-week-old fetus is beginning to resemble a baby, especially since some distinct characteristics are forming on the face. The eyelids, although very thin, are formed, and the lips and nose are beginning to develop. More specifically, the upper lip and the tip of the nose are prominent at this time. All of these characteristics are forming on a head that is oversized during this stage. At this point, the head makes up about half of the fetus.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/84348-8week-fetus-look-like/#ixzz2Vq0HZFjD

I am a mother of four children. I gave birth to two children myself. I am well aware of the stages of fetal development.

I will ask the same question of you as I have of others: Have you researched the Roe vs. Wade decision and the official Court Opinion? Can you understand why the court deemed abortion accessibility according to protections for both the woman and the viability of the fetus? I think it's a great compromise in beginning to determine what is the most ethical position regarding abortion.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Left to its own natural process, many, many, many times the woman's body will naturally abort the growing organism. It's actually very common for a fertilized embryo to not become attached to the uterus and simply be flushed out of the body.

InChrist

Free4ever
Left to its own natural process, many, many, many times the woman's body will naturally abort the growing organism. It's actually very common for a fertilized embryo to not become attached to the uterus and simply be flushed out of the body.[/quote

That's true and that is nature taking its course. It is not the same as the mother deliberately choosing to end a life through invasive intervention.

InChrist

Free4ever
I am a mother of four children. I gave birth to two children myself. I am well aware of the stages of fetal development.

I will ask the same question of you as I have of others: Have you researched the Roe vs. Wade decision and the official Court Opinion? Can you understand why the court deemed abortion accessibility according to protections for both the woman and the viability of the fetus? I think it's a great compromise in beginning to determine what is the most ethical position regarding abortion.

Yes, I understand the reasoning of the court. I also understand that there will always be women who choose to terminate their pregnancy and that the court was attempting to provide a way for the procedure to be available in a safe medical environment. I'm not big on legislating morality, although we as a society do legislate against murder and other moral crimes. I'm just saying that I believe it is murder to end a developing human life. Although, I realize and don't expect non-believers ( in the Creator God of life ) to have this perspective concerning life.

Alceste

Vagabond
Yes, I understand the reasoning of the court. I also understand that there will always be women who choose to terminate their pregnancy and that the court was attempting to provide a way for the procedure to be available in a safe medical environment. I'm not big on legislating morality, although we as a society do legislate against murder and other moral crimes. I'm just saying that I believe it is murder to end a developing human life. Although, I realize and don't expect non-believers ( in the Creator God of life ) to have this perspective concerning life.

That sounds completely reasonable to me, although I do not agree that abortion is a "killing" because I don't perceive a fertilized egg or a parasitic clump of cells in a woman's uterus as a "child". Nevertheless, maybe they should have invited you to take part in that panel to offer a woman's perspective.

dust1n

Zindīq
That's true and that is nature taking its course. It is not the same as the mother deliberately choosing to end a life through invasive intervention.

I don't get why when God murders a fetus, it's called "nature taking its course."

InChrist

Free4ever
That sounds completely reasonable to me, although I do not agree that abortion is a "killing" because I don't perceive a fertilized egg or a parasitic clump of cells in a woman's uterus as a "child". Nevertheless, maybe they should have invited you to take part in that panel to offer a woman's perspective.

You were once what you call "a parasitic clump of cells in a woman's uterus" and you were a child and now are an adult human person. I just believe there is value to human life at whatever stage it's at in the process.

InChrist

Free4ever
I don't get why when God murders a fetus, it's called "nature taking its course."

God is the the ultimate Creator of life in the first place and humans aren't. If He allows a developing baby to die then there are righteous and eternal reasons for doing so.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I realize and don't expect non-believers ( in the Creator God of life ) to have this perspective concerning life.

But where in the Animal Kingdom are we willing to draw the line with this sentiment?

Is it because we (in general) place value over various species on the planet?

I know these are moral arguments but I'm interested in these questions along with the legal ones that have been raised and answered.

dust1n

Zindīq
God is the the ultimate Creator of life in the first place and humans aren't. If He allows a developing baby to die then there are righteous and eternal reasons for doing so.

So God murders a baby, "righteous." Woman murders a baby, "immoral."

I thought God did things because the things he did were right. I can see now that there is no "right," because "right" just means whatever God does.

InChrist

Free4ever
But where in the Animal Kingdom are we willing to draw the line with this sentiment?

Is it because we (in general) place value over various species on the planet?

I know these are moral arguments but I'm interested in these questions along with the legal ones that have been raised and answered.

Well, as a believer in the biblical scriptures as God's Word I draw the line at the revealed information that humans are made in the image of God animals aren't, but that is my perspective.

Alceste

Vagabond
You were once what you call "a parasitic clump of cells in a woman's uterus" and you were a child and now are an adult human person. I just believe there is value to human life at whatever stage it's at in the process.

Sure, and if my mother had not chosen to have me, I would never have existed, nobody would miss me, and I couldn't be sad about it. In some strange world where you could exist even if you were never born in the first place, I would have completely supported her decision to abort me and my brother if she'd wanted to. She was only 22, just married, depressed, far from home, and her husband was / is bipolar and cheated on her during her pregnancy. I love my mother and want her to be happy, and I think she might have been much, much, much better off if she'd waited to start a family and left my dad. She's beautiful, intelligent, kind, funny and loved by everyone who meets her. But she's spent her entire adult life babysitting a man who really can't offer her a thing, just because he's the father of her kids.

She once apologized to me for choosing him, if you can believe that. I had to tell her it doesn't work like that. If she'd picked somebody else, I would never have existed in the first place, so she had nothing to apologize for.