• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There's just somethin about Mary!

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Is it not hurting? Its clearly a defamation of Mary. Mary has never hold a crucifix in her hand. It's her son.
Dude, we don't hold the same beliefs as you. We're of different religions. We don't have to accept what your religion teaches and vice versa. If you don't like it, just stop looking. You also need to be aware that preaching is against the rules of the forum. If you keep trying to tell us our religion is wrong and preaching your religion to us, I'm going to start reporting you. Either way, you need to calm down. You're upset over nothing and making other people upset (me). Just stop. I don't argue with Muslims when they say that Jesus wasn't crucified because that's part of their religion to believe that. I just don't agree and leave it there. Be civil.

SethZaddik

Great post! Thanks. I never knew that Supplication was made in Islam. That's awesome! I'm gonna have to look that up!

You could get a book on PDF called Invocations and Supplications by Al Ghazali, who is called" Proof of Islam."

It's a 40 vol. series called Ihya ulum al-din, Thomas Aquinas was a fan.

You would want volume 9

rstrats

re: "During the first two centuries of Christianity, the cross was rare in Christian iconography, as it depicts a purposely painful and gruesome method of public execution and Christians were reluctant to use it."

If the method of execution at the time had been the electric chair I wonder if folks would be wearing electric chairs around their necks, or making the sign of the electric chair, or have electric chairs on top of churches?

sovietchild

Since this is a debate section, one have the right to oppose any statements in the topic.

I think the bottom line is who ever is trying to defame Mary is afraid. Mary never promoted any crucifixion crosses. Making up lies only shows how much confidence one have.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I think the bottom line is who ever is trying to defame Mary is afraid. Mary never promoted any crucifixion crosses. Making up lies only shows how much confidence one have.
I'm not trying to defame Mary. I'm actually trying to honor, exalt, and glorify her. She succeeded in helping me when Doctors, shock treatments, medications, and professionals could not. I've tried many costly treatments, and devotion to Mother Mary and the Rosary is free and has helped me more than anything else.

I belong to a different Religion than you. In Catholicism, there are many Saints that claim to have received visitations and messages from Mary. Some of those Saints claimed that Mary appeared with a Rosary in her hand and urged people to recite the Rosary. The Rosary honors and praises Mary, doesn't defame her.

You should learn to respect differences of opinion and belief rather than insist that everyone who disagrees with you is wrong! For all you know, Mary may have been appearing to people and promoting the Rosary. You simply don't know, so stop being so critical!

sovietchild

I'm not trying to defame Mary. I'm actually trying to honor, exalt, and glorify her. She succeeded in helping me when Doctors, shock treatments, medications, and professionals could not. I've tried many costly treatments, and devotion to Mother Mary and the Rosary is free and has helped me more than anything else.

I belong to a different Religion than you. In Catholicism, there are many Saints that claim to have received visitations and messages from Mary. Some of those Saints claimed that Mary appeared with a Rosary in her hand and urged people to recite the Rosary. The Rosary honors and praises Mary, doesn't defame her.

You should learn to respect differences of opinion and belief rather than insist that everyone who disagrees with you is wrong! For all you know, Mary may have been appearing to people and promoting the Rosary. You simply don't know, so stop being so critical!

How can Mary help you? I thought she walked this earth and ate food like regular people. Didn't she cross over? I don't think she can hear you or see you.

SethZaddik

How can Mary help you? I thought she walked this earth and ate food like regular people. Didn't she cross over? I don't think she can hear you or see you.

• That is not the teachings of Catholicism where it is perfectly OK to pray to Miriam PBUH and other Saints.
Different Saints are prayed to at different times depending on personal preference and sometimes patron Saints.

Who in Catholicism can assist you from beyond the grave.

SethZaddik

Since this is a debate section, one have the right to oppose any statements in the topic.

This is your opinion, not the Churches.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I believe she is one with God and that the same Holy Spirit that lives within me, lives within her, and we are connected. God is aware of my prayers and she is one with God.

I believe she is Queen of Heaven and earth. How can she help me? I don't know how it all works. It is a mystery to me. All I know is that when I pray to her I receive more joy, consolation, peace, and empowerment than when I do anything else. Bottom line is, I'll go with what works.

sovietchild

I believe she is one with God and that the same Holy Spirit that lives within me, lives within her, and we are connected. God is aware of my prayers and she is one with God.

I believe she is Queen of Heaven and earth. How can she help me? I don't know how it all works. It is a mystery to me. All I know is that when I pray to her I receive more joy, consolation, peace, and empowerment than when I do anything else. Bottom line is, I'll go with what works.

In Islam be believe that its a sin to worship humans, djinns and angels. What do you mean Mary is one with God? Are you trying to say Mary is God?

Last edited:

SethZaddik

Hey I wanted to tell you because I was reminded of my favorite Roman Saint, Clement of Rome.

I just got the Syriac translation of the world's oldest dated MS and it is a later MS than the original Greek version but probably the original language which is a dialect of Aramaic making it the only legitimate Semitic MS of anything close to Canonical, though it is not it could be, that is from the 5th century or before and the Greek is as old as the oldest Bible in existence, 4th century.

I know you hate violence so I recommend it because it is about Peter and his travels and debates with Simon Magus, Clement of Rome is his disciple and it is like another Acts. It is seriously the most philosophically and ethically sound teachings outside of the Gospels and my personal favorite of all Christian books.

Homilies and Recognitions of Clement of Rome, you can read it online no problem but I got the book today.

SethZaddik

In Islam be believe that its a sin to worship humans, djinns and angels. What do you mean Mary is one with God? Are you trying to say Mary is God?

He is not Muslim, doesn't worship Mary and it is acceptable to venerate Saints in Catholicism where she is considered the Queen of Heaven.

I personally have no issue with that, Mary PBUH is highly esteemed in the Qur'an and while we don't pray to anyone but Allah it is not such a big deal to me that others who are not Muslims do.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Hey I wanted to tell you because I was reminded of my favorite Roman Saint, Clement of Rome.

I just got the Syriac translation of the world's oldest dated MS and it is a later MS than the original Greek version but probably the original language which is a dialect of Aramaic making it the only legitimate Semitic MS of anything close to Canonical, though it is not it could be, that is from the 5th century or before and the Greek is as old as the oldest Bible in existence, 4th century.

I know you hate violence so I recommend it because it is about Peter and his travels and debates with Simon Magus, Clement of Rome is his disciple and it is like another Acts. It is seriously the most philosophically and ethically sound teachings outside of the Gospels and my personal favorite of all Christian books.

Homilies and Recognitions of Clement of Rome, you can read it online no problem but I got the book today.
Sounds interesting, thanks!

sovietchild

He is not Muslim, doesn't worship Mary and it is acceptable to venerate Saints in Catholicism where she is considered the Queen of Heaven.

I personally have no issue with that, Mary PBUH is highly esteemed in the Qur'an and while we don't pray to anyone but Allah it is not such a big deal to me that others who are not Muslims do.

6f3e04c87af9b5c1f6d01cdc7fc72e0f.jpg

Last edited: