• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There's just somethin about Mary!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Most%20Holy%20Name%20of%20the%20Blessed%20Virgin%20Mary%20-%20Mary%20holding%20out%20a%20Holy%20Rosary.jpg

So I woke up miserable and wanting to die and went to Mass today for the first time in a while and there was a statue of Mary holding a Rosary that just warmed my heart and filled my soul with light, joy, and peace every time I glanced at it.

I got a lot out of mass and didn't expect to and it wasn't the sermon, the music, the Scripture readings, communion, or anything you would think it was. It was that I felt close to Mother Mary. The message from her wasn't clear, it was just I felt very close to her, felt like she loved and accepted me, felt that maternal nurturing that only a Mother can give, and went from feeling suicidal and miserable to being joyful, giddy, peaceful, faithful, childlike, meek, humble, and hopeful.

I suppose it could all be in my head, but I don't have the power to transform my mood and emotions like that, or I would make a habit of doing it more often. It came as a huge surprise.

I don't get those graces when I go to God. I get those graces when I go to Mary. I guess God is calling some of us to go to His Mother. I put this in the religious debates because some people think devotion to Mary is evil. Well, nothing fills me more with Christ-like virtues and graces than going to His Mother, so I don't see how it can be evil.

Truly, I woke up feeling empty, tired, miserable, hopeless, and wishing I was dead, went to mass and was truly amazed at how my mood, attitude, and emotions flipped to the opposite of joy, peace, love for God (who I had grown to hate), gratitude, humility, meekness, giggling inside, and lots of positive energy.

Would you still say my experience was evil? I also get more out of praying the Rosary than other prayers/devotions and wear a scapular. Is that evil?

Rosary%26scapular.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Well, Mary does point us towards God, so I would say your experience is very good.

I used to wear a scapular, but it wear out and finally fell apart after being sewn by my mom so many times. I need to get a metal one, but I wear a Miraculous Medal (along with my favorite Crucifix and medals of St. Joan of Arc and St. Francis of Assisi).

Last edited:

sovietchild

Mary holding a cross... Really? Did that ever happened? I don't think so. I don't even think Jesus him self wear one.

Kirran

Premium Member
Guru used to say that Christianity was being dragged kicking and screaming into a consciousness of the feminine aspect of God :D

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Guru used to say that Christianity was being dragged kicking and screaming into a consciousness of the feminine aspect of God :D
Meh, that's not new in Christianity. The Holy Spirit was traditionally presented in feminine terms and God is compared to a mother in the Old Testament. Mary's not God, though, just a very special and blessed human being. :p

Kirran

Premium Member
Meh, that's not new in Christianity. The Holy Spirit was traditionally presented in feminine terms and God is compared to a mother in the Old Testament. Mary's not God, though, just a very special and blessed human being. :p

Yeah, true enough.

R.e. Mary, well, I'm not convinced about that ;)

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Yeah, true enough.

R.e. Mary, well, I'm not convinced about that ;)
Well, you're free to believe as you wish. You're not beholden to the dogma, as a non-Christian. :p Catholicism venerates Mary more than any other sect, including Orthodoxy. We just love Mary a ton.

Kirran

Premium Member
Well, you're free to believe as you wish. You're not beholden to the dogma, as a non-Christian. :p Catholicism venerates Mary more than any other sect, including Orthodoxy. We just love Mary a ton.

I think she's pretty tight.

There's Youtube videos of this Coptic Orthodox monk from Australia who had a lot of experiences of her, was brought to his faith by her really.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Bottom line is I was willing to go to any lengths to have an experience with God or any spirit. Eventually I chose to be ridiculous and sell my soul to the Devil to see if that would produce a spiritual experience and enlightenment. Neither God or Satan was willing to give me that experience.

I got the experience this morning. I'd prefer that there was a clear message in English, but it was the next best thing. There was enormous consolation and joy that was better than Heroin and meth along with some pleasant inner-visions.

I expected nothing but a boring Mass. Wish I could reproduce the experience through the use of my imagination, faith, or wishful thinking, but I can't. It was a flood of grace from another world.
fe3a761d475b5f9200b8f489df56bfc1.jpg

This May 13 it will also be the 100 year anniversary of Mary appearing to the children at Fatima, Portugal, and this October will be the 100 year anniversary of the miracle she promised taking place October 13, 1917 before a crowd of up to 70,000 people:
Miracle of the Sun - Wikipedia

Spiderman

Veteran Member
No I wouldn't say that, I'd say that covers up something lingering. But it made you feel happy for the time. Good for you.
Yeah, but it was powerful and completely transforming. It was a life-changing experience and a memory I will cherish. It's just hard to explain, wasn't expected, and isn't something that can be reproduced, but one thing it did was show me I should start going back to Church.

Wasn't seeming to get any more out of Church than what I got in private devotions and prayers, so I stopped going. I thought Mass was pointless. Today it was like the floodgates of grace opened to prove me wrong.

Earlier I had developed a hatred for God that grew and grew. It disgusts me that He would hide himself, leave the world confused and in agony, and refuse to speak up while at the same time claiming to be love. What happened today was therapeutic and treated many symptoms along with the rage, hate, and blasphemy at God.

sovietchild

I think this is a defamation of Mary. Painting a picture of a 16 year old girl who is holding a cross. This is a false claim that can harm the reputation of her.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I think this is a defamation of Mary. Painting a picture of a 16 year old girl who is holding a cross. This is a false claim that can harm the reputation of her.
Visionaries like Saint Bernadette claim she appeared holding a Rosary. How do you know the claim is false? You don't know.

meghanwaterlillies

What a coincidence, I dreamed about snakes last night. I grabbed one and it came apart in my hand. I also dreamed about Donald Trump and his family was crying and dreamed of Napoleon fighting the Austrians. Wish I had an interpreter :p
Well that's sad because they threw Napoleon on a volcanic island. What is also weird is that the Austrians are on a volcano.

sovietchild

Visionaries like Saint Bernadette claim she appeared holding a Rosary. How do you know the claim is false? You don't know.

During the first two centuries of Christianity, the cross was rare in Christian iconography, as it depicts a purposely painful and gruesome method of public execution and Christians were reluctant to use it.

This is clearly defamation of Mary, but people don't care do they? Only for their own benefit. Seems like to me a business opportunity to deceive others in order to gain something.

sovietchild

I suggest you take the picture off. This is a misguided painting. A defamation. They started to make crucifixion of Jesus crosses many years after Mary passed away.