• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There's just somethin about Mary!

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
maryHeart.jpg

vierge-medailref.png

df2d5aa5a4cf91658795a3c73690c1bd.jpg

3697072161_4ee90652c3.jpg

Factory-Directly-Sales-5D-DIY-Diamond-Embroidery-Religion-font-b-Blessed-b-font-font-b-Virgin.jpg

Assumption.jpg

SethZaddik

Most%20Holy%20Name%20of%20the%20Blessed%20Virgin%20Mary%20-%20Mary%20holding%20out%20a%20Holy%20Rosary.jpg

So I woke up miserable and wanting to die and went to Mass today for the first time in a while and there was a statue of Mary holding a Rosary that just warmed my heart and filled my soul with light, joy, and peace every time I glanced at it.

I got a lot out of mass and didn't expect to and it wasn't the sermon, the music, the Scripture readings, communion, or anything you would think it was. It was that I felt close to Mother Mary. The message from her wasn't clear, it was just I felt very close to her, felt like she loved and accepted me, felt that maternal nurturing that only a Mother can give, and went from feeling suicidal and miserable to being joyful, giddy, peaceful, faithful, childlike, meek, humble, and hopeful.

I suppose it could all be in my head, but I don't have the power to transform my mood and emotions like that, or I would make a habit of doing it more often. It came as a huge surprise.

I don't get those graces when I go to God. I get those graces when I go to Mary. I guess God is calling some of us to go to His Mother. I put this in the religious debates because some people think devotion to Mary is evil. Well, nothing fills me more with Christ-like virtues and graces than going to His Mother, so I don't see how it can be evil.

Truly, I woke up feeling empty, tired, miserable, hopeless, and wishing I was dead, went to mass and was truly amazed at how my mood, attitude, and emotions flipped to the opposite of joy, peace, love for God (who I had grown to hate), gratitude, humility, meekness, giggling inside, and lots of positive energy.

Would you still say my experience was evil? I also get more out of praying the Rosary than other prayers/devotions and wear a scapular. Is that evil?

Rosary%26scapular.jpg

Good to hear from you again Pope, I can see you are sad though and that worries me.

Veneration is acceptable in the Catholic Church and if that is your religion don't worry about what people say. Mariam PBUH can bring no evil upon anyone, and veneration is not the same as worship.

Muslims have a similar concept called supplication, I am not entirely sure the exact definition of the concept in the Arabic language but it seems like a prayer involving a person who is deserving of honor, I am actually going to read about it now because I am curious exactly what it means.

Nevertheless it is just fundies of the Protestant variety who have nothing going on and need to criticize the activities of others. Believe me, I hold Mariam PBUH in the same esteem and have many of those Goya candles of her and one of Martha, as well as many others, Joseph, Jude, Elijah, Lazarus, etc.

I have a great respect for Catholicism as I was raised Catholic and know they have since Vatican ll become truly Universal in not denying that other religions can go to Heaven.

Which is in accord with the Qur'an since day 1, we have always believed that so I am grateful for the recognition being returned our way.

Maybe the Protestant scripture changers can catch up some day.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Oh thank you! Yummy! :) So beautiful! I love my Mother! She is the treasure and delight of my heart!

Today was the most powerful and strongest , incomprehensible life-revolutionizing experience I've had with God, the Blessed Virgin Mary, or anyone or anything, I couldn't stop praying hail Mary's and Marian litanies and making acts of love, so I decided to google the feast day, it's the solemnity of the husband of Mary, St. Joseph's day
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Joseph's_DayDay

Too groovy!:cool::D

SethZaddik

During the first two centuries of Christianity, the cross was rare in Christian iconography, as it depicts a purposely painful and gruesome method of public execution and Christians were reluctant to use it.

This is clearly defamation of Mary, but people don't care do they? Only for their own benefit. Seems like to me a business opportunity to deceive others in order to gain something.

I still to this day wear a Jerusalem Cross on a silver chain because I like it. It is not a crucifix but 4 equilateral crosses that look like plus signs.

When Islam took over crumbling Byzantium they started using the moon and star symbol which was Byzantine Christian originally.

And like them I use the Jerusalem Cross to represent both Jerusalem and Mecca because each has significance in Islam though it is Mecca that is considered the center of the world and the direction all Muslims pray towards.

I also wear an Octagram or Rub el Hizb, the square version of the Seal of Solomon to even things out.

One person at my Mosque tried telling me not to wear my Jerusalem Cross because he was not minding his business and didn't know what the symbol meant, I just politely told him it was fine, don't worry about it and btw did you not notice it is not a crucifix?

I have been asked about it by others who all thought it was cool looking, and actually asked me what it means instead of assuming and trying to tell how to dress they just were curious.

My point is there is always that person who thinks they have a right to tell you you are wrong when they don't. If it'd had been a crucifix it'd be disrespectful because we don't believe it happened. But it wasn't and my sense is some people have an urge to tell people what to do, this way or that way is right.

Hardly ever do they know what they are talking about and are best ignored, politely.

As long as it is not a violation of your religion that you made a commitment to you are not in the wrong.

It is the stone throwers who err.

SethZaddik

Or those who don't throw nothing at all.

"Do nothing, say nothing, be nothing."
Or those who don't throw nothing at all."

"Do nothing, say nothing, be nothing."

Yeah I don't think it makes you somebody because you criticize a harmless religous practice, in fact it makes you more of a nobody.

This doesn't apply to a thing I was talking about.

I am talking about people judging people for things that are covered under freedom of religion.

You are talking about anything possible.

I am being specific to a specific situation.

You are being general and your comment is irrelevant to the comment that provoked the response that you might think means something.

Just not to me.

Now when someone wants to hurt someone I think then it is appropriate to intervene.

Not if they are venerating Miriam PBUH, a harmless practice in line with Catholic beliefs.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Good to hear from you again Pope, I can see you are sad though and that worries me.

Veneration is acceptable in the Catholic Church and if that is your religion don't worry about what people say. Mariam PBUH can bring no evil upon anyone, and veneration is not the same as worship.

Muslims have a similar concept called supplication, I am not entirely sure the exact definition of the concept in the Arabic language but it seems like a prayer involving a person who is deserving of honor, I am actually going to read about it now because I am curious exactly what it means.

Nevertheless it is just fundies of the Protestant variety who have nothing going on and need to criticize the activities of others. Believe me, I hold Mariam PBUH in the same esteem and have many of those Goya candles of her and one of Martha, as well as many others, Joseph, Jude, Elijah, Lazarus, etc.

I have a great respect for Catholicism as I was raised Catholic and know they have since Vatican ll become truly Universal in not denying that other religions can go to Heaven.

Which is in accord with the Qur'an since day 1, we have always believed that so I am grateful for the recognition being returned our way.

Maybe the Protestant scripture changers can catch up some day.
Great post! Thanks. I never knew that Supplication was made in Islam. That's awesome! I'm gonna have to look that up!