• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There is no Sin...

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe Jews don't expect non-Jews to follow their 613 laws.
It is a sin for a Jew to not follow these laws. Christians do not follow a majority of these laws. So is it a sin for Christians to not follow these laws?

I believe the laws are not God. God is the origin of law. So a Jew following laws as though they were God is caught in idolatry.

Muffled

Jesus in me
No .. not all the laws are appropriate for Christians.
There are major sins and minor sins.
"washing hands" could be considered "a law", but it is not so important as "thou shalt not commit adultery", for example.

I believe some laws were developed for the people they were given to and some are beneficial for everyone. For Christians Jesus is the law. If He wants me to wash hands then I will wash hands. If he doesn't require it then I won't worry about it.

muhammad_isa

..For Christians Jesus is the law..
No. He didn't say that he was "the law" .. he said he had authority from "Our Father" in heaven, yes. Not the same thing.

The Roman Emperors have conned you.
They manipulated people's faith for political reasons.
..even Constantine himself, did not die believing that Jesus is God.

Jedster

I believe the laws are not God. God is the origin of law. So a Jew following laws as though they were God is caught in idolatry.

Where do you get this from?
Having lived amongst religious Jews and was one myself, I've never heard or seen this.

Elihoenai

Know any of the latter?
Matthew 7:13-14

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

I don't personally know any of the Few Elect hundred/thousand yet. I Am Transitioning out of the 7.9 Billion Masses Bound to the Earth.

I think that some of the Few Elect are in Niche Roman Catholic Religious Orders, such as, Opus Dei and Society of Jesus (Jesuits). There are only a Few thousand members of these Religious Orders out of 2.2 Billion Roman Catholics and only a Few in those Orders would be Elect.

I consider Queen Elizabeth II to be numbered among the Few Elect hundred/thousand. The Elect are on a Real Pilgrimage.

The Christmas Broadcast, 1957

Last edited: