• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There is no Sin...

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
No, I don't. The Bible is a collection of books written by holy men, some more holy than others. It reflects evolved religion which is largely man made.

Written by men who believe they had the authority to speak for God.
Ok, you want to believe that too, nothing to stop you.
Nothing to stop another person from believing something else.

Mark Charles Compton

Pineal Peruser
How are we certain about anything when it comes to claims about God.
Does it matter what we choose since anything is as likely to be wrong as right?
I can chose A and you could chose B to believe. Either of us are as likely to be right.

Maybe there are thousands of Gods none having any interest in the other. Each with their own heaven which their followers go to. :shrug:

Are you certain there is not?
As a skeptic of the coincidental, there are too many similarities within the many practices and faiths I've looked into. I just think it is more likely that they evolved from fragments of an older singular system, rather than them being conceived separately and independent of one another.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Ultimately disloyalty to deity is sin weather we believe it or not. Ignorance of the law will not be a valid defense. Like disbelieving in taxes.

If one has no allegiance in the first place, how can one be disloyal?

I believe that telling you there is good and evil leaves you without excuse. You now become responsible for what you know.

I don't just believe in anything that is said to me because I am not an idiot that is incapable of critical thinking. Also you can't just call my reasoning an excuse and get away with it, you have to explain the logical flaw that you think there is because as I said before I am not an idiot that believes in something just because someone said it. Actually I don't believe, I think.

Redemptionsong

Well, I don't do your "we" or your "truth". I have a different faith and a different God than you.
I've been thinking about what you said above.

If your God is not absolute truth then your God is not God. The same could be said of my God if He is not absolute truth.

If you only believe in relative truth, then l wonder if you can 'know' anything. It means that there are no 'facts', only conjecture based on subjective understanding.

If it is possible to establish facts based on subjective experience, then the sum of all facts becomes the objective truth.

If God is the Creator, and omniscient, it follows that the one God holds a position of objectivity, above any other god.

To my understanding, to claim that absolute truth does not exist brings into question the very existence of truth. A relative truth is not a truth at all if it cannot find meaning in absolute truth.

Last edited:

Um, but which God. There are plenty of Gods one could believe in. Probably a number of Gods you don't even know about. Doesn't seem fair that a God you don't even know about would expect you to follow their laws.

Maybe it is not fair. But, if you disobey, you disobey. And if disobeying is a sin, then you have sin. I don't have any problem with that if someone thinks I sin against some other god than Bible God.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Maybe it is not fair. But, if you disobey, you disobey. And if disobeying is a sin, then you have sin. I don't have any problem with that if someone thinks I sin against some other god than Bible God.

Yeah, I'd guess that is the way it works. People don't have a problem if the sin is against a God they don't believe in.

Elihoenai

If you read the Bible, esp. the OT. Sin is specifically breaking the law of God. Running a red light may be be a good idea, for safety reason, but I doubt it is a transgression against God.

I mean yeah, if you want to expand the meaning of sin to something beyond the Bible I suppose it can mean any kind of wrong doing, but I'm referring to what is specifically in the Bible.

1 John 3:4
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Romans 13:1
Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

I Am Firmly Rooted in the Holy Scriptures/Bible and Surely Not expanding the meaning of Sin beyond the Holy Scriptures/Bible.

Amen! Sin is the Trangression of the Law of Elohim/God. The Laws that, supposedly, Men create to Govern Men are Created and Ordained by Elohim/God, therefore, driving through a red light is Trangression of Elohim's/God's Law.

About an hour after my #64 post Elohim/God sent a letter for Jury Service. I look forward to what Elohim/God will teach me in this experience.

muhammad_isa

The Laws that, supposedly, Men create to Govern Men are Created and Ordained by Elohim/God, therefore, driving through a red light is Trangression of Elohim's/God's Law.
I agree with you that it is a sin to break the law of "your nation", without good reason.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
1 John 3:4
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Romans 13:1
Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

I Am Firmly Rooted in the Holy Scriptures/Bible and Surely Not expanding the meaning of Sin beyond the Holy Scriptures/Bible.

Amen! Sin is the Trangression of the Law of Elohim/God. The Laws that, supposedly, Men create to Govern Men are Created and Ordained by Elohim/God, therefore, driving through a red light is Trangression of Elohim's/God's Law.

About an hour after my #64 post Elohim/God sent a letter for Jury Service. I look forward to what Elohim/God will teach me in this experience.

So you basically accept that you continuously sin?

Elihoenai

So you basically accept that you continuously sin?
Matthew 5:48

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

1 John 3:8

8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Apart from a Few Elect every person on the Planet is a Sinner because of Adam's Inheritance. Flesh is Sin and Sin is Flesh. Man inherited Flesh from Adam.

Some people are more Sinful than others. There are Few Elect Giants of the Flesh that have put off Conscience of Sins to Free themselves.

Yeshua the Son of God Manifests to Destroy the Works of the Flesh. True Christians become Sinless and Perfect through the Real Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ.

I'm not doing any External Sins and am Transitioning to the Few Elect hundred/thousand out of 7.9 Billions Masses with No Hope. Sinners are Children of the Devil/Satan.

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Matthew 5:48

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

1 John 3:8

8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Apart from a Few Elect every person on the Planet is a Sinner because of Adam's Inheritance. Flesh is Sin and Sin is Flesh. Man inherited Flesh from Adam.

Some people are more Sinful than others. There are Few Elect Giants of the Flesh that have put off Conscience of Sins to Free themselves.

Yeshua the Son of God Manifests to Destroy the Works of the Flesh. True Christians become Sinless and Perfect through the Real Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ.

I'm not doing any External Sins and am Transitioning to the Few Elect hundred/thousand out of 7.9 Billions Masses with No Hope. Sinners are Children of the Devil/Satan.

Per your beliefs. Not per everyone's beliefs.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

I think you're right, and in my opinion, rather than stating their religious beliefs as facts, Christians (and other theists) who preach and proselytize in that manner ought to make it clear that what they post is their personal beliefs and not the beliefs of everyone else.

Elihoenai

Job 19:26

26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

It is the Truth of True Christianity. The Truth of True Christianity is Objective Truth.

Flesh/Sin is Elohim/God in its Lowest Form. Flesh/Sin is the Devil/Satan. The Satan/Devil is the Incarnation of Evil.

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Job 19:26

26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

It is the Truth of True Christianity. The Truth of True Christianity is Objective Truth.

Flesh/Sin is Elohim/God in its Lowest Form. Flesh/Sin is the Devil/Satan. The Satan/Devil is the Incarnation of Evil.

I guess then you'll have to wait until after you die to see if it works out for you.
Until then you have to have faith in what you believe.

Elihoenai

I guess then you'll have to wait until after you die to see if it works out for you.
Until then you have to have faith in what you believe.
Absolutely! Religion is about Faith and Not Science.

Only the 2.2 Billion Earthly Christians in Christendom have to wait until after they die. The Few Elect hundred/thousand know with Absolute Certainty and Full Conviction before their death having received Supernatural Power.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Absolutely! Religion is about Faith and Not Science.

Only the 2.2 Billion Earthly Christians in Christendom have to wait until after they die. The Few Elect hundred/thousand know with Absolute Certainty and Full Conviction before their death having received Supernatural Power.

Know any of the latter?