• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There is no evidence for God, so why do you believe?

Faithofchristian

I’ve been reading through a couple of threads, and I see that it is said that there is no evidence for a god, it’s an unfalsifiable idea. We all agree on this? If you don’t, care to explain the evidence there is for god?
I’m in agreement. I used to believe my personal experiences to be subjective evidence for god, but I know now that’s not the case. I am not a theist anymore because I recognize I was a Christian thanks almost completely to my environment. That’s why I believed. I was brought up in it. Wasn’t because of any proof or anything,
So, theists, why do you believe? Is it mainly because of your environment and geographical location? There is no proof for god (right?), so what logically keeps you believing? Or is logic not supposed to be a factor when it comes to faith? Is it too jarring, the idea of leaving the comfort that religion and belief in a god brings?
I am curious about personal evaluations on why you believe. It can’t be because of logic, as there is no proof of god, right?
You say there's no evidence for God.so why do you believe..

Your called into question by your own question..
You first have to provide evidence to back up what your saying.
So where's your evidence.
You just don't ask things.
Without you providing evidence of your own to back up what your saying..
But you first have to give the evidence to support what your saying first.
Without any evidence of your own your question is pointless and meaningless.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I believe it Makes perfect sense. I believe that might not be so for people who can't reason things out.

I believe there is no evidence for a global flood. People say something is clear when they lack proof.

I believe it makes perfect sense. Trying to figure out what happened by supposition and observation seems to make sense but both methods are flawed.
You're right about there being no evidence of a global flood.

But perhaps you can explain how the story in the Bible makes any kind of sense at all, if it wasn't the global flood it is clearly described as.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Near Death Experience confirms there is life after death, I think that's what the majority of people want, it doesn't matter the small details.
How does someone's experience with almost dying, confirm that "there is life after death?"
Please explain.

During heart surgery, my grandfather's heart stopped beating for a few seconds and he had to be revived. When I asked him what he "saw" while he was out, he said, "Nothing, It was just like sleeping." How do you explain that? Where did his "near-death experience" go?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
You say there's no evidence for God.so why do you believe..

Your called into question by your own question..
You first have to provide evidence to back up what your saying.
So where's your evidence.
You just don't ask things.
Without you providing evidence of your own to back up what your saying..
But you first have to give the evidence to support what your saying first.
Without any evidence of your own your question is pointless and meaningless.
Please stop spamming this over and over again.

Faithofchristian

Please stop spamming this over and over again.
Well maybe if you given evidence to prove what you say.
Then I wouldn't have to repeat myself to you..
Therefore your called into question by your own question.
You first have to bring forth evidence to back up what your saying.
You just can't go around asking others to prove something and you have no evidence of your own to back up what your saying.

Patrick66

God reveals himself to some but not to all. Nobody can believe in God unless he permits them to do so.

John 6:65
And he said, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father".

Patrick66

2 Corinthians 4:4

Young's Literal Translation

4 in whom the god of this age did blind the minds of the unbelieving, that there doth not shine forth to them the enlightening of the good news of the glory of the Christ, who is the image of God;

F1fan

Veteran Member
Near Death Experience confirms there is life after death, I think that's what the majority of people want, it doesn't matter the small details.
You do realize these people aren’t dead yet, yes? It’s called clinical death which means the heart has stopped. This happens. These folks can often be revived.

Their brains are still alive and processing. The lack of oxygen puts brains into trauma and this is a better explanation for why some have illusory experiences. Once a brain has gone too long without oxygen it becomes damaged to a degree that it is brain dead.

F1fan

Veteran Member
God reveals himself to some but not to all. Nobody can believe in God unless he permits them to do so
So God is to blame for atheists. See, we are off the hook. Believers should address all their arguments towards God and leave atheists alone.
John 6:65
And he said, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father".
Too bad the Bible has no authority beyond those fallible mortals who give it authority over themselves.

Patrick66

So God is to blame for atheists.
I don't know if "blame" is the right word but God does not permit all people to believe in him. Many go their graves having never believed. There's a reason. In any event, eventually, I believe that ALL people will seek Jesus. For many, that won't happen until sometime after they die and and perhaps after they have spent some time in the "Lake of Fire" as mentioned numerous times in

Patrick66

Yes, there is a reason, and that is that some have a brain and use it to think for themselves.
VagueKeyDoctorfish-max-1mb-2.gif

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Well maybe if you given evidence to prove what you say.
Then I wouldn't have to repeat myself to you..
Therefore your called into question by your own question.
You first have to bring forth evidence to back up what your saying.
You just can't go around asking others to prove something and you have no evidence of your own to back up what your saying.
Thanks for spamming the exact same thing again. I haven't read it enough times yet.
Let me know when you figure out how to have a conversation.

Reactions: ppp

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I don't know if "blame" is the right word but God does not permit all people to believe in him. Many go their graves having never believed. There's a reason. In any event, eventually, I believe that ALL people will seek Jesus. For many, that won't happen until sometime after they die and and perhaps after they have spent some time in the "Lake of Fire" as mentioned numerous times in
That's a yes then. God is to blame for atheists.

Reactions: ppp

F1fan

Veteran Member
I don't know if "blame" is the right word but God does not permit all people to believe in him.
Blame is the perfect word for your version of God. Heck, if you are correct how can atgheists be blamed for not knowning about God? We can't according to you. All this assumes any God exists, and especially your version of the "one true God". I'm not convinced you are correct. Is there any chance you could be mistaken in your belief?
Many go their graves having never believed. There's a reason.
They think.

Of course there is evidence of a biological/evolutionary component to religious belief, in that about 85% of all humans are "wired" for religious belief.
In any event, eventually, I believe that ALL people will seek Jesus.
Sorry, Hindus won't. Muslims have no motivation to since they have their own tradition after Jesus. And think of Arfrican, Asian, and the many pacific islands that have their own traditions that don't include the Jesus character, why would they adopt Christian ideas? Maybe if you put a gun to their heads they would. Your thoughts?
For many, that won't happen until sometime after they die and and perhaps after they have spent some time in the "Lake of Fire" as mentioned numerous times in
So your God is going to torture people for not having your religious belief? Explain how that makes sense.

And since you claim God won't reach out to atheists I take it atheists are off the hook and won't be cast into hell. Thanks for that exemption, I feel special.

And let me ask you this, do bad Christians go to hell, or are they exempt even if they are evil?

Patrick66

So your God is going to torture people for not having your religious belief? Explain how that makes sense.

And since you claim God won't reach out to atheists I take it atheists are off the hook and won't be cast into hell. Thanks for that exemption, I feel special.

And let me ask you this, do bad Christians go to hell, or are they exempt even if they are evil?
I could attempt to answer your questions but I fear that whatever I say will be deemed a violation.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I could attempt to answer your questions but I fear that whatever I say will be deemed a violation.

As long as you don't state your answers as if they are definitive facts and use the phrases "I believe," "I think," "I feel," or even "In my opinion" to describe your beliefs and personal opinions, then I doubt your post would be considered preaching and proselytizing, which is prohibited by Rule 8 of the forum.

Last edited:

Patrick66

As long as you don't state your answers as if they are definitive facts and use the phrases "I believe," "I think," "I feel," or even "In my opinion" to describe your beliefs and personal opinions, then I doubt your post would be considered preaching and proselytizing, which is prohibited by Rule 8 of the forum.

8. Preaching/Proselytizing
Creating (or linking to) content intended to convert/recruit others to your religion, spirituality, sect/denomination, or lack thereof is not permitted. Similarly, attempting to convert others away from their religion, spiritual convictions, or sect/denomination will also be considered a form of preaching. Stating opinions as a definitive matter of fact (i.e., without "I believe/feel/think" language, and/or without references) may be moderated as preaching.

Yes sir. I will refrain from expressing any opinions going forward.