• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There is no evidence for God, so why do you believe?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Who said they didn’t write them? Just because they didn’t take credit for them doesn’t mean they didn’t write them or that they aren’t true accounts.
Biblical scholars. The Bible itself tells us that Matthew Mark and John did not write the Gospels named after them. None of them were well educated men. The authors of those Gospels were well educated in classic Koine Greek.

Biblical scholars. The Bible itself tells us that Matthew Mark and John did not write the Gospels named after them. None of them were well educated men. The authors of those Gospels were well educated in classic Koine Greek.
You mean some biblical scholars opinion are they didn’t but many others do. Would you like the list of biblical scholars who disagree with you? If you are familiar with any good study Bible they have both views at the beginning of each book, they aren’t shy presenting both views from scholars.
I find it very fascinating the lengths atheists and skeptics go to in trying to discredit the Scriptures and to no avail. Why not just let it go, seems to really bother you all, why is that? You can talk all kinds of theory this, theory that, none can be proven yet you buy into those with no problem. Yet when talking about God, who you’re going to have to answer to, according to the Bible, it’s an allergic reaction.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You mean some biblical scholars opinion are they didn’t but many others do. Would you like the list of biblical scholars who disagree with you? If you are familiar with any good study Bible they have both views at the beginning of each book, they aren’t shy presenting both views from scholars.
I find it very fascinating the lengths atheists and skeptics go to in trying to discredit the Scriptures and to no avail. Why not just let it go, seems to really bother you all, why is that? You can talk all kinds of theory this, theory that, none can be proven yet you buy into those with no problem. Yet when talking about God, who you’re going to have to answer to, according to the Bible, it’s an allergic reaction.
No. Almost no Biblical scholars believe that they were written by those whose names are on them.

And I am rather amazed about your claim that the Bible is bogus.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Who said they didn’t write them? Just because they didn’t take credit for them doesn’t mean they didn’t write them or that they aren’t true accounts.

I said they didn't write them, and you then misrepresented that immediately.

You didn't even know the names assigned the gospels were fictitious?

They were not the real authors, the names were fabricated as the authors centuries later, ipso facto the names assigned the gospels were fictitious, by definition.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Just because they didn’t take credit for them doesn’t mean they didn’t write them or that they aren’t true accounts.

The names were made up later and assigned to the gospels to give the (false) impression the gospels written by contemporaries. They are hearsay, and the authorship is unknown. Not one word of it was contemporary.

You really need to learn to read what is posted, and not what you want to imagine people say.

Care to try again?
Sure I did, that was your claim that in didn’t know something that I did. When someone makes a comment like Mathew, Mark, Luke and John were fictitious people I don’t bother with that anymore, it’s a waste of time. Do I need to defend myself? Not really, it’s only out of courtesy.