• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Theism means...

Per the OED, the authority on the English language:

upload_2022-1-7_9-49-59.png

Atheism, a-theism, is simply a lack of a morbid condition characterised by headache, sleeplessness, and palpitation of the heart, caused by excessive tea-drinking. Nothing more, nothing less. Contrary to popular misconception, one doesn't have to positively believe they are free from a morbid condition characterised by headache, sleeplessness, and palpitation of the heart, caused by excessive tea-drinking.

Anti-theism is the belief that morbid conditions characterised by headache, sleeplessness, and palpitation of the heart, caused by excessive tea-drinking are a maladaptive, relic of primitive societies. Thanks to modern science, no rational person should be suckered into acquiring a morbid condition characterised by headache, sleeplessness, and palpitation of the heart, caused by excessive tea-drinking and it is our duty to stamp out such fiddle-faddle and tommyrot.

Agnosticism is the belief that, due to the limitations of human perception and cognition, knowledge of whether or not one is suffering from a morbid condition characterised by headache, sleeplessness, and palpitation of the heart, caused by excessive tea-drinking is beyond our capabilities. For example, headache, sleeplessness, and palpitation of the heart could be caused by the consumption of excessive quantities of other caffeinated beverages, a viral infection or the machinations of tiny invisible blood-goblins. As such, it is most prudent to say we simply do not know.

I hope that clears things up, and, FYI, any disagreement is an equivocational straw ad hominem.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Per the OED, the authority on the English language:

View attachment 58832

Atheism, a-theism, is simply a lack of a morbid condition characterised by headache, sleeplessness, and palpitation of the heart, caused by excessive tea-drinking. Nothing more, nothing less. Contrary to popular misconception, one doesn't have to positively believe they are free from a morbid condition characterised by headache, sleeplessness, and palpitation of the heart, caused by excessive tea-drinking.

Anti-theism is the belief that morbid conditions characterised by headache, sleeplessness, and palpitation of the heart, caused by excessive tea-drinking are a maladaptive, relic of primitive societies. Thanks to modern science, no rational person should be suckered into acquiring a morbid condition characterised by headache, sleeplessness, and palpitation of the heart, caused by excessive tea-drinking and it is our duty to stamp out such fiddle-faddle and tommyrot.

Agnosticism is the belief that, due to the limitations of human perception and cognition, knowledge of whether or not one is suffering from a morbid condition characterised by headache, sleeplessness, and palpitation of the heart, caused by excessive tea-drinking is beyond our capabilities. For example, headache, sleeplessness, and palpitation of the heart could be caused by the consumption of excessive quantities of other caffeinated beverages, a viral infection or the machinations of tiny invisible blood-goblins. As such, it is most prudent to say we simply do not know.

I hope that clears things up, and, FYI, any disagreement is an equivocational straw ad hominem.

You are so wrong, that it is beyond wrong.
Do you get how magical thinking works? It works when I do and not when you do it. My definition on how definitions work, makes it so that the definition of a word, becomes a fact and that is the correct defintion of how definitions works, when I do it and not when you do it. ;):D

RestlessSoul

Just had a nice cup of Fortnum and Mason's Albion blend. Mix of Assam and Kenyan black tea, nice with a biscuit apparently, but no biscuits for me in January.