• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Year 2020?

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Just wonder how you would sum up this year so far. It might be be too soon, but I will throw it out there anyways. Also I wasn't sure where to post this thread. It might belong in Politics.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Just wonder how you would sum up this year so far. It might be be too soon, but I will throw it out there anyways. Also I wasn't sure where to post this thread. It might belong in Politics.

Aside from the obvious inconveniences, it's been informative and educational for me.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
2020 actually reminds me of those Left Behind books from what I've read. Except instead of people disappearing randomly, they're disappearing due to COVID, and it's not just one religion.

PureX

Veteran Member
I see it as the year of our late-dawning awareness. Humans all over the world are beginning to notice that the way we've been doing things until now just aren't working for us. Allowing our greed and ego to make all our collective decisions is being shown to by very unwise, and to have dire consequences when we're faced with even mild adversity.

We have no idea what to do about it, yet, but this dawning realization is our first glimmer of hope in a long time.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Its the year that will ruin our lives with the difficulties brought on by brexit. With only weeks to the deadline we still have no idea if we will have healthcare for our children and ourselves, or whether we will be able to obtain our own money which is generated in the UK.

Its the year that my life was saved and a year of recovery.

Its the year we should have enjoyed ourselves to make up following the medical difficulties of last year but a tiny virus put an end to that idea.

It's the year both my husband and are hoping against hope that neither of us contracts the virus, it will almost certainly kill us.

All in all, there have been better years.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
It has been the year i learned the most about my self, and the year i truly found who i am as a human being.
It has been the year i stood up for my own value in life.
And it has been the year i sometimes say things that not going the wY i thought i would...:confused:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I know there are worldwide catastrophes, and this has been a really rotten year on so many accounts. But, when I look back(provided I survive it), I will always remember 2020 as the year the cats got sick.

I am a professional cat herder, and in all my years of caring for the crew, we've never had any more than minor illness, stomach bugs, and UTIs pass through. And then one day the little guy(who had snuck out with the help of the 6 year old) came in with a sneeze. No big deal. We've seen a cold or two before, they pass quickly and without incident. We quarantined him and didn't think much of it. He is a young cat; under two years. He made a quick recovery. But the next day, Yodel sneezed. And then he sneezed again. No big deal. He's older(9), but he's healthy. He'd never been sick in his life! Threw Yodel in quarantine. The next day Yodel was drooling. And then Kore was sneezing. And then Lucky sneezed... Figured by this point they'd all get it. Arranged for meds from the vet.

Yodel quit eating. Meds weren't helping. Vet determined it was viral, not bacterial. Other cats stopped eating. Everyone was sneezing and bobbing their heads from sore throat. It got worse and worse. Had to start forcing fluids on several. Yodel had to be rushed to the vet for fluids. For days, I did little but do rounds of forcing gatorade and baby food. I fed whatever anyone would be willing to eat. One cat got a box of vegetarian chicken(she just loves it, will steal it cooking off the stove), another a block of cheese. It was hell. I now know what an understaffed nursing home feels like..

Some did not get it as bad as others. Age did come into play some, but mostly, it was a willingness to consume nutrients which staved off serious symptoms. Yodel got it the worst. He had to be force fed fluids and food for a week. I do not think he was conscious during all of it, and fully expected him to not make the night several times. But, he did. He's sitting on the end of my bed now. All better, though he never did get his voice back, and just squeaks now.

If I do come down with Covid through all this...well, I'm going to by like Cub(who had lesser symptoms), and just eat my damn dinner.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
The staggering amount of change that I am aware of this year is about the same as last year. Sometimes it seems that the world is full of skiers all going down hills they aren't able to handle.

source.gif

So imagine going to a skii club, and every hill is covered with people doing that. That's the world today.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
The first half of the year was really horrible for me, personally. But since July, my life has really turned around since I got a job. I was quickly promoted to the head of my department. I've never been in such a position. I enjoy my job. It can be stressful and annoying at times, but that's retail. The virus stuff hasn't impacted me at all personally. No one I know has gotten it.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I see it as the year of our late-dawning awareness. Humans all over the world are beginning to notice that the way we've been doing things until now just aren't working for us. Allowing our greed and ego to make all our collective decisions is being shown to by very unwise, and to have dire consequences when we're faced with even mild adversity.

We have no idea what to do about it, yet, but this dawning realization is our first glimmer of hope in a long time.
So it's the year of 2020 vision. :D

Mostly in hindsight though, unfortunately.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
The first half of the year was really horrible for me, personally. But since July, my life has really turned around since I got a job. I was quickly promoted to the head of my department. I've never been in such a position. I enjoy my job. It can be stressful and annoying at times, but that's retail. The virus stuff hasn't impacted me at all personally. No one I know has gotten it.

I'm happy for you.

While I am pessimistic when people ask me how the year itself is, this is the year where I learned sometimes the key to changing the world is starting with finding inner peace in the darkness.