• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The WORST Songs of ALL TIME

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
We've spent so much time talking about music we like and music we think others would like. How about the opposite end of the scale, a little fun?

What are some of the worst songs you've ever heard?

My first submission is a dreadful little tune that comes to us courtesy of Macedonia. The girls can't sing a note on key, one of them has her mic turned up twice as loud as the others - and, of course, it's the one with the least talent for singing.

This song is actually from 2000, not 1970 - but you'd never know it.

And just when you think it can't get any worse, they sing the last verse and chorus in English. :faint:

"Enjoy"

dsc025to3.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueRgvp4GtEU

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
Brace yourselves...

Technically this song is not bad for what it is. However, you don't realize what it is until it... puts you into a state of shock and has you rushing to turn the volume down before glasses start breaking.

Welcome to Turkey, ladies and gentlemen, where no one need worry about Muslim women being silenced if they can do this...

dsc026ya3.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-LwjtCht4U

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Although Macedonia is definitely NOT ready for "prime time", they were not that terrible. Perhaps they should not give up their days jobs just yet, but again, they were not that aweful. Poor? Ohhh, yes. THE worst? Not by a long shot.

Also, try not to faint, but I rather liked the second one. *looks around feeling a bit sheepish*

I would have to say that the absolute worst song ever recorded was on American Idol III and was done by WIlliam Hung. Mr. Hung absolutely murdered the catchy little ditty by Ricky Martin called, "She bangs". Clearly, this was a "setup" as Mr. Hung cannot possibly have any illusions about being a vocalist, let alone a good one. This alone may disqualify Mr. Hung from this covetted slot, as he is not a serious artist to begin with.

Honorable mention could also go to innumerable rap "artists". I don't pretend to know the first fellow who decided it sounded cool to rip a needle across a vinyl record was, but I have great difficulty equating this sort of thing with "artisitic expression". My guess is that they ran out of other viable ideas and figured they had nothing to loose.

A third beastie is from a fellow called Tommy Roe. I hope the memory does not put Circle_One into shock. The year, I believe was 1969 and the song was, "Yummy, yummy, yummy (I've got love in my tummy). (37 years down the road, I still couldn't tell you what the song is about. I doubt Mr. Roe could either. It was sort of like, Donny Osmond, ON ACID, but coming down very hard and very fast. Ah, the things one hears when they do not have a shotgun handy.

Circle_One

YmirGF said:
A third beastie is from a fellow called Tommy Roe. I hope the memory does not put Circle_One into shock. The year, I believe was 1969 and the song was, "Yummy, yummy, yummy (I've got love in my tummy). (37 years down the road, I still couldn't tell you what the song is about. I doubt Mr. Roe could either. It was sort of like, Donny Osmond, ON ACID, but coming down very hard and very fast. Ah, the things one hears when they do not have a shotgun handy.

Oh Gods, that song, that awful, awful song!

Of all the great songs that came out of the 60's, this has to be one of the absolute worsts. Wasn't it done by the Ohio Express though (*Hopes she's wrong because she'd be ashamed to be right* Haha). I think Tommy Roe did Sheila, Everybody and The Folk Singer...

But thanks for reminding me of that song, YmirGF. Now it's going to be stuck in my head allllll day! :p

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Circle_One said:
Oh Gods, that song, that awful, awful song!

Wasn't it done by the Ohio Express though (*Hopes she's wrong because she'd be ashamed to be right* Haha). I think Tommy Roe did Sheila, Everybody and The Folk Singer... and DIZZY!

But thanks for reminding me of that song, YmirGF. Now it's going to be stuck in my head allllll day! :p

Sadly Circle_One, you are correct. I should have checked my facts. The two memories are closely associated ... I think Bobby Sherman is in there too, LOL.

Yummy, yummy, yummy was indeed by the Ohio Express. Curiously, they did not have another hit. When you consider that 1969 was the same year as "Let it Bleed" by the stones; "Ummagumma" by Pink Floyd and "Abbey Road" by The Beatles... "Tommy" by the Who... well these "Bubble-gummers" were definitely on a different planet. '69 was a pretty amazing year, musically speaking.

*wistfully remembers the day that "Get Back" was released*
(I was the one of the first in line at a local record shop the next morning, to buy the 45!)
I was 13 that year, so I remember it well.

Circle_One

HAHA! I forgot about Dizzy!

If I could, I'd completely erase those memories from my mind.. Eternal Sunshine, anyone? :D

And I'm really surprised that Ohio Express never had any other hits. I mean, they were so awesome!!