• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Word of Set

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
esZnDDZ.jpg

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
I wouldn't really call that a singular word. Unless you hyphenate. Beetle-oval-present!

Zerabun

Why do you say "Crowley's book of the law" but not "Mohammed's Koran" or "LaVey's Satanic Bible"?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh, so it's quantity, not quality?

Please bring us to your point.

GoodbyeDave

If you're listing supposed religious scriptures, Crowley was an agnostic and La Vey an atheist, if I remember rightly. And the word "being" or "form" is hardly very informative! Incidentally, you don't need the mouth (r): just scarab + scroll will do. Scarab spells xpr and the scroll shows you mean the noun rather than the verb.

Zerabun

If you're listing supposed religious scriptures, Crowley was an agnostic and La Vey an atheist, if I remember rightly. And the word "being" or "form" is hardly very informative! Incidentally, you don't need the mouth (r): just scarab + scroll will do. Scarab spells xpr and the scroll shows you mean the noun rather than the verb.

Crowley believed in God but he was also a very contradictory person over time. The Book Of The Law is out of Crowley's hands, some believe it was just a creation of Crowley, others believe it was a literal message from God (like with Mohammed and the Quran). Crowley himself had contradictory thoughts on these matters too and seemed to be afraid of it but was also certain to use it (regardless of whether it was or wasn't legitimate) towards his own goals of establishing an initiatory order....many, many years later. Crowley had a self-sabotage streak, which seemed to have largely obscured all matters related to the entity of Aiwass.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
You can be a religious atheist. Not all religions are theistic

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Just for poops and giggles, from what I understand the Satanic rituals, Enochian keys etc. in the SB were just added by Lavey as filler materiel, It may have been known as the Satanic Pamphlet otherwise.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Just for poops and giggles, from what I understand the Satanic rituals, Enochian keys etc. in the SB were just added by Lavey as filler materiel, It may have been known as the Satanic Pamphlet otherwise.

A lot yeah, TSB was kinda thrown together.

GoodbyeDave

You can be a religious atheist. Not all religions are theistic
Language is a social phenomenon. You can, of course, invent your own meaning for the word "religion" or any other, but you can't expect the rest of the English-speaking world to follow you. At least you've got a couple of followers here.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Language is a social phenomenon. You can, of course, invent your own meaning for the word "religion" or any other, but you can't expect the rest of the English-speaking world to follow you. At least you've got a couple of followers here.
Hardly a few.
Atheism is not mutually exclusive with respect to some religious and spiritual belief systems, including Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism, Syntheism, Raëlism,[75]and Neopagan movements[76] such as Wicca.[77
Atheism - Wikipedia

Further: Are there Any Atheistic Religions?

All 'atheist' means in common vernacular is not believing in gods. It does not mean not believing in a system of codified ethics, ritual practice, or even belief in things like souls or afterlife.