• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The Universe is Indifferent to Us": Fact or Opinion?

Do you think you can prove that the universe is deferential to us?

• Yes

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • No

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Don't know/other/no opinion

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
Do you consider the notion that the universe is indifferent to us to be a fact or an opinion? By "indifferent", I mean that the universe does not care about you, and is neither against you nor for you.

If you consider the notion that the universe is indifferent to us to be a fact, do you also believe you could prove that it was indifferent to us? If so, how?

If you consider the notion that the universe is indifferent to us to be a mere opinion, do you also believe you could prove that it is deferential to us (that is, that it somehow sides for or against us)? If so, how?

I asked the Universe many many years ago, "Universe are you indifferent to us?", and I am still waiting on an answer.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
There is no evidence that the Universe is capable of being aware of anything.
Nor is there any evidence that the universe is sentiment in any way.

Ben Avraham

There is no evidence that the Universe is capable of being aware of anything.nNor is there any evidence that the universe is sentiment in any way.

Right, I agree with you. When I said that we are parts of the Universe, I was aware that only we are conscious of that belonging to each other.