• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The uncanny power of Israel

"The uncanny power of Israel".

Sounds a lot like Jews run Hollywood, Jews are rich, Jews are lawyers, Jews control the media, Jews control the world, bla, bla, etc.

Do yourselves a favor, count to ten, take a deep breath, and relax. Conspiracies theories are *never* helpful to anyone, in any way, ever. All they do is cause clanny, mob-like behavior.

Last edited:

libre

Skylark
What many who leap to crying "Anti-semitism!" fail
to understand is that Zionist & Israeli control of USA
isn't Jews controlling Christians. While they do try to
exercise control, eg, doxing & censoring critics, Christians
are the prime movers of Zionism. They have far greater
numbers, & wield far greater military & economic might.
Of course, this might is indirectly wielded by Israel, who
can veto any UN resolution it dislikes by proxy.
I do not disagree with you that the most powerful and plentiful force in the world Zionist movement are Christians and not Jewish people.

I understand that many Zionists do exploit Jewish suffering towards Zionist and anti-Palestinian agendas, and that many have done so with considerable success in the United States using the tactics you've mentioned. However anyone who describes the US as being controlled by Israel has lapsed into an antisemitic talking points.

To suggest that Israel is the most powerful nation in the world as OP has is dangerous and these viewpoints are related to the real antisemitism that is rising around the world.

Acknowledgement of that fact should go hand in hand with a call out of Islamophobia and violence towards Muslims, and does not detract from such.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I understand that many Zionists do exploit Jewish suffering towards Zionist and anti-Palestinian agendas, and that many have done so with considerable success in the United States using the tactics you've mentioned. However anyone who describes the US as being controlled by Israel has lapsed into an antisemitic talking points.
Even haters of Jews can be right about undue Israeli
influence on USA. The Zionists' conflation of valid
criticism of Israel with hatred of Jews is at best an
illusion, & at worst a dishonest tool....one which
is beginning to fail.
To suggest that Israel is the most powerful nation in the world as OP has is dangerous and these viewpoints are related to the real antisemitism that is rising around the world.
This is missing the point of that perspective, ie,
that what Israel wants, its servant USA delivers.
Certainly, it can be seen that Israel combined
with USA as its appendage would be the greatest
power in the world.
Not how I see it. But no perspective is "The Truth".
Acknowledgement of that fact....
Opinion....not fact.
....should go hand in hand with a call out of Islamophobia and violence towards Muslims, and does not detract from such.
Aye.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Then that would be antisemitic.
I disagree here. It isn't antisemitic to call Judaism evil. Antisemitism is an attempt to harm people because they are Jews. For example trying to get rid of Israel because it is Jewish that is antisemitism, but saying you think its an evil place with an evil religion is not. A caveat is that speech can be part of antisemitism, but that is a judgment call. In order to know your speech was antisemitic I'd have to know that you were saying things for the purpose of harming Jews. Your goal is invisible, so just saying you don't like Jews is not antisemitism. It is hate, but it doesn't become antisemitism unless your goal is harm. The reason we have a word 'Antisemitism' is that very often Jews are attacked for being Jewish, however being annoyed with Jewish people isn't antisemitism. They can, of course, annoy you. A person might hate them, too, but simple hate is not antisemitism. Even all Jews everywhere might annoy you. Just because they annoy you, that doesn't make you antisemitic. It just makes you annoyed. Its when you take action against people for being Jews: that is antisemitism. Such as kicking all the Jews out of your country, not letting them run businesses or taxing them specially for being Jews. These are examples of antisemitism. It goes beyond thinking into action, and it is because the people are Jews.

The vote at the UN was I think an antisemitic attempt. That's because it is one sided and seems aimed at getting Israelis killed. Obviously they can't call a ceasefire if they don't see an opportunity, but the UN is calling for that. Its like it wants Israel to take a sucker punch and then talk the attacker down. Nobody does that ever. No country does that. That is voting for Israel to let itself be executed.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Israel is a powerful country. It has a strong economy, the second largest tech sector in the world, a well trained and advanced military, and nukes. Israel isn’t going anywhere.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I disagree here. It isn't antisemitic to call Judaism evil. Antisemitism is an attempt to harm people because they are Jews. For example trying to get rid of Israel because it is Jewish that is antisemitism, but saying you think its an evil place with an evil religion is not. A caveat is that speech can be part of antisemitism, but that is a judgment call. In order to know your speech was antisemitic I'd have to know that you were saying things for the purpose of harming Jews. Your goal is invisible, so just saying you don't like Jews is not antisemitism. It is hate, but it doesn't become antisemitism unless your goal is harm. The reason we have a word 'Antisemitism' is that very often Jews are attacked for being Jewish, however being annoyed with Jewish people isn't antisemitism. They can, of course, annoy you. A person might hate them, too, but simple hate is not antisemitism. Even all Jews everywhere might annoy you. Just because they annoy you, that doesn't make you antisemitic. It just makes you annoyed. Its when you take action against people for being Jews: that is antisemitism. Such as kicking all the Jews out of your country, not letting them run businesses or taxing them specially for being Jews. These are examples of antisemitism. It goes beyond thinking into action, and it is because the people are Jews.

The vote at the UN was I think an antisemitic attempt. That's because it is one sided and seems aimed at getting Israelis killed. Obviously they can't call a ceasefire if they don't see an opportunity, but the UN is calling for that. Its like it wants Israel to take a sucker punch and then talk the attacker down. Nobody does that ever. No country does that. That is voting for Israel to let itself be executed.
I can't even call Islam evil because people call it Islamophobia.

Yet you can state that its not antisemitic to call Judiasm as evil.

How does that work?

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
I can't even call Islam evil because people call it Islamophobia.

Yet you can state that its not antisemitic to call Judiasm as evil.

How does that work?
Islamophobia doesn't require hate speech. Almost anything is islamophobia if it involves discomfort related to Islam. For example its islamophobia simply not wanting your country to become Islamic. Don't want to pray to Allah in school? That's islamophobia. Being afraid to go near a mosque is islamophobia. So is being afraid to visit a Muslim country. Its simply not in the same class as antisemitism which is about other things.

If I am nervous about getting too close to a synagogue its not antisemitism, but if I'm nervous about getting near to a mosque it is islamophobia. They are not similar words.

Suppose someone hates Muslims or Islam? What is that called? There is not specifically a term for it. Its called hate.

Islamophobia doesn't require hate speech. Almost anything is islamophobia if it involves discomfort related to Islam. For example its islamophobia simply not wanting your country to become Islamic. Don't want to pray to Allah in school? That's islamophobia. Being afraid to go near a mosque is islamophobia. So is being afraid to visit a Muslim country. Its simply not in the same class as antisemitism which is about other things.

If I am nervous about getting too close to a synagogue its not antisemitism, but if I'm nervous about getting near to a mosque it is islamophobia. They are not similar words.

Suppose someone hates Muslims or Islam? What is that called? There is not specifically a term for it. Its called hate.
I'm the hater type. Non-violent though.

I think that the majority of Americans are like me, and can be from all political spectrums - Democrat, Republican, whatever.

It's best to be honest. Maybe someone can change my opinion with dialogue, but silencing people isn't a solid, practical practice. Imagine atheists having to hide their atheism - that would be wrong.

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
It isn't antisemitic to call Judaism evil. Antisemitism is an attempt to harm people because they are Jews.

It's harmful to all jewish people to call an entire religion evil, when it's not. These ideas encourage terrorism. They perpepuate war. They normalize hatred.

saying you think its an evil place with an evil religion is not

Saying it is ignorant. Ignoring any and all facts which undermine their hatred of jewish people and judaism is the sign of an extremely dangerous person. Most people cannot honestly accept that they themselves are full of hate. Especially if they are simultaneously in-love with the plight of the palestinian.

People seem to like the UN... because they're anti-israel. But will they listen when the UN warns about what happens quite regularly on this website?

Screenshot_20231218_003815.jpg

The misinformation that is pushed along with the hate speech. That's what makes it harmful.

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
It's harmful to all jewish people to call an entire religion evil, when it's not. These ideas encourage terrorism. They perpepuate war. They normalize hatred.
You aren't wrong about that, and it usually is antisemitic when people say those things. I also know enough to say they certainly aren't true. It can also be harmful to brag about how much we love Judaism and Jewish people but blame them when trouble comes, but that is the UN in a glove. Its main problem is it is controlled by the security council, so the member representatives know their resolutions don't matter. They have become careless. Their votes don't matter, so they sell their votes cheaply.
Saying it is ignorant. Ignoring any and all facts which undermine their hatred of jewish people and judaism is the sign of an extremely dangerous person. Most people cannot honestly accept that they themselves are full of hate. Especially if they are simultaneously in-love with the plight of the palestinian.

People seem to like the UN... because they're anti-israel. But will they listen when the UN warns about what happens quite regularly on this website?
People love to righteously hate something and can get carried away with the pride, myself included. It happens, and we don't even realize it. It does feel nice like a shot of steroids. Being different, being unique or being in a small group is dangerous. That is Israel: different, unique and seemingly small. Its big inside, but often people do not know that.

mikeMcGummary

*banned*
Israel’s true history

Palestinian territory
– encompassing the Gaza Strip and West Bank, including East Jerusalem – has been illegally occupied by Israel since 1967. Since then, the Israeli government has established a two-tiered legal and political system that provides comprehensive rights for Jewish Israeli settlers while imposing military rule and control on Palestinians without any basic protections or rights under international law. The Israeli government has also engaged in a regular practice of inhumane acts, as well as extrajudicial killings, torture, denial of fundamental human rights, arbitrary detention and collective punishment. The UN

According to a March 2022 report by the UN Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in the OPT, Israel’s political system of entrenched rule in the OPT satisfies the prevailing evidentiary standard for the crime of apartheid. The Special Rapporteur determined in July 2021 that Israel’s occupation since 1967 has been characterized by settlement expansion that aims to permanently alter the ethnic demographics of East Jerusalem and amounts to a war crime. The UN Security Council (UNSC) previously adopted a resolution in December 2016 reaffirming that Israeli settlements in the OPT violate international law. The CoI reached similar conclusions in September 2022, reporting that the Israeli government’s policies and actions have led to the permanent occupation and de facto annexation of Palestinian territory, likely constituting crimes under international law, including war crimes. Both the CoI and Special Rapporteur have reported that this ongoing coercive environment has prevented Palestinians from fulfilling their right to self-determination and other fundamental human rights. In December 2022 the UN General Assembly requested the International Court of Justice to give an advisory opinion on the legal consequences of Israel’s ongoing occupation.

Palestinians are regularly subjected to violence by Israeli settlers, including physical attacks, shooting with live ammunition, torching of fields and livestock, theft and vandalization of property. Israeli security forces also perpetrate widespread attacks against Palestinians, particularly in occupied territory, which often lead to deadly escalations, including regular aerial bombardments of the Gaza Strip. According to the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) and the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), 2022 was the deadliest year for Palestinians residing in the Occupied West Bank, including East Jerusalem, since 2005, with over 150 Palestinians, including 26 children, killed by Israeli security forces.

Meanwhile, Israel’s air, sea and land blockade of Gaza has been in place since 2007

The CoI concluded that the Israeli government has restricted civic space through a strategy of delegitimizing and silencing civil society, which is linked to its goal of maintaining permanent occupation at the expense of the rights of the Palestinian people.

Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territory - Global Centre for the Responsibility to Protect

The Truth Will Set You Free

:)-

mikeMcGummary

*banned*
Are Palestinians descendants of ancient Hebrews?

Genealogy already sheds light on this question. Studies that will be shown and referenced down below conclude that

1. The frequency of paternal lineages (Y-DNA) in Jewish populations such as the Jews of North-Africa are identical to Palestinians and Lebanese and that these frequencies in paternal lineages are not seen in other populations (such as true Arabs), meaning that Palestinians, Lebanese, many Jews (and other Levant populations) contain unique paternal ancestors that other populations don’t show.

2. The Y-chromosomes between a great percentage of modern day Palestinians and a great percentage of Jewish people are inherited from the same paternal ancestors from that Canaan region within the last few thousand years, meaning that Palestinians (and other Levant populations such as Lebanese), and many Jewish populations show identical subclades of the same parent haplogroup from their paternal lineage.
Genetic studies on Jews - Wikipedia

Answer~~~~ YES
BTY: Arabs and Jews are both
Semites

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
It's also bigoted to ignore the evils Muslims perpetrate on Christians.

I wonder who is the bigger bigot in such a scenario?

Organized religion allied with politics is always a bad idea. Whether it's any of the Abrahamic religions, Buddhism, Hinduism, Wicca, etc...bigotry will most likely occur.